Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

Philomatheans : 10 (Invites Only) (Page 99)

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pinkisluv91

We have African Americans and white peopleLOL like 50-50Confused no asians or anythingSleepy We have two desi doctors tooLOL

True, it is nice and peacefulEmbarrassed and safeEmbarrassed Yea, when ur kids get older they'll get sooo bored of the small town. Like the mall is an hour away from our houseDead and there's basically nothing to do here. No cool restaurants, no hang out placesLOL

Btw do you know my parents took me to India for 4 years to experience culture, learn languages and meet familyEmbarrassed I loveeeed it, I'm glad we went. Now I know all abt India and I'm IndianEmbarrassed

Yep it sucksDead

i think we're stuck here for the time being...  Embarrassed   but they have different festivals here... like during halloween, christmas... there's so many things to do....!  

no malls though... we do have a walmart and a k-mart.... LOLLOLLOL   and rest, are just small shops and stuff... but we do have some nice grocery stores... decent ones, i.e..... but they don't sell too many desi veggies... but it's not as bad.... could've been worse... we were considering a position in alabama, you know... and one, near virginia i believe... that was really a village... all that was there were small shops... of course, i couldn't imagine going there.... EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL  

i like it overall here... it's really nice.... and overall, people are really friendly and sweet....!   Big smile   the closest big city is about 20 miles away, which is about half an hour's drive... they have a huge mall there... we go there once in a while, to do shopping... they have good stuff there, as compared to here.... so it's not too bad...!   and of course, we get our cars serviced there too... i prefer the dealerships, compared to the local auto shops... EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL   they do have big dealerships here too, but nothing for Honda/Toyota, which is what we have...!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

axeionpinkisluv91

pinkisluv91 IF-Stunnerz
pinkisluv91
pinkisluv91

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

[QUOTE=pinkisluv91]

i think we're stuck here for the time being...  Embarrassed   but they have different festivals here... like during halloween, christmas... there's so many things to do....!  

no malls though... we do have a walmart and a k-mart.... LOLLOLLOL   and rest, are just small shops and stuff... but we do have some nice grocery stores... decent ones, i.e..... but they don't sell too many desi veggies... but it's not as bad.... could've been worse... we were considering a position in alabama, you know... and one, near virginia i believe... that was really a village... all that was there were small shops... of course, i couldn't imagine going there.... LOL  

i like it overall here... it's really nice.... and overall, people are really friendly and sweet....!   Big smile   the closest big city is about 20 miles away, which is about half an hour's drive... they have a huge mall there... we go there once in a while, to do shopping... they have good stuff there, as compared to here.... so it's not too bad...!   and of course, we get our cars serviced there too... i prefer the dealerships, compared to the local auto shops... LOL   they do have big dealerships here too, but nothing for Honda/Toyota, which is what we have...!

lol well we might move out in a couple yearsEmbarrassed Halloween and Christmas, I love em. But still I miss diwali, navratri, holiEmbarrassedLOL

Yea we have a walmartOuch and small other stores:( lmao yea no desi veggies here either, it's boringLOL OOH never come to AlabamaLOL

Awwww the people here, the less I say the betterEmbarrassedLOL

We have to drive an hour away basically if we want to have fun:) Like to watch a desi movie or somethingLOL

Nuktaacheenaxeion

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:16pm | IP Logged

lol well we might move out in a couple yearsEmbarrassed Halloween and Christmas, I love em. But still I miss diwali, navratri, holiEmbarrassedLOL

Yea we have a walmartOuch and small other stores:( lmao yea no desi veggies here either, it's boringLOL OOH never come to AlabamaLOL

Awwww the people here, the less I say the betterEmbarrassedLOL

We have to drive an hour away basically if we want to have fun:) Like to watch a desi movie or somethingLOL

yeah, i know... pata hi nahin chalta ke kab kaun sa occasion aaya aur gaya....!!

well, it's not as bad here... but i can't watch too many movies on the theatre, because of the kids....!   LOLLOL   last movie i saw was Deathly Hallows... none of the recent desi movies have caught my interest to the extent that i am compelled to watch them in theatre... LOLLOLLOL   yes, yes... i'm rather picky, when it comes to that.... most of the movies i have seen on the theatre have been hollywood movies.... EmbarrassedEmbarrassedLOLLOL   i'm such a bad desi....!   LOLLOL

oooh, i got Killers movie from the library... it's supposed to be a romantic comedy... i'll see it either today or sometime this week, whenever i get time....!   EmbarrassedBig smile

axeionpinkisluv91

axeion IF-Sizzlerz
axeion
axeion

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:39pm | IP Logged

In summer 2009, I lived in Rural PA for 2 months for an Internship. That place was so similar to what u both are describing… or maybe worse Ouch 

Anyways, around 40 miles from Philly, and maybe 10 from Allentown, this place had absolutely nothing. The only way to get there was either drive, or take these Greyhound-type buses Angry which, hold ur breadth, would drop u off at this park-n-ride places. So this place where this company was located was another 5 miles from that place, with no bus or anything. U don't find cabs either Ouch Luckily, I lived in the Company's Guest House, which was abt 2 miles from the company…And no, no transportation provided Angry I bought a cycle on one weekend, when I could not walk anymore, and would cycle down every day. Mornings were good, all I had to do was sit on my bike and it would automatically drop me off at work…Ride Downhill, I call it. But evenings were crazy, I had to bike uphill for straight 2 miles Ouch 

Ohhh, and not to forget, there was no Walmart or any kind of grocery stores in 10 miles radius, but there was one dairy right on my way to work, and so many lil places where ppl sell veggies grown in their backyards. I survived on frozen food, and fresh veggies those 2 months…But seriously, I don't ever want to go back to anything similar again. Every Friday, my frnd who lived  in Philly would come down and pick me up and I would  spend the weekend at their place. And on weekends I din't visit Philly, I would be stuck with this Thai neighbor, she would drag me with her to these crazy Buddhism meditation groups Ouch

No, I don't want that life… I am happy living in cities and don't mind losing my peace, but that kind of silence sucks… Also this place was right next to some state park. We had all kind of animals and fishing zones everywhere. And people reared horses, or cultivated wild corn Ouch

Nuktaacheenpinkisluv91

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by axeion

In summer 2009, I lived in Rural PA for 2 months for an Internship. That place was so similar to what u both are describing' or maybe worse Ouch 

Anyways, around 40 miles from Philly, and maybe 10 from Allentown, this place had absolutely nothing. The only way to get there was either drive, or take these Greyhound-type buses Angry which, hold ur breadth, would drop u off at this park-n-ride places. So this place where this company was located was another 5 miles from that place, with no bus or anything. U don't find cabs either Ouch Luckily, I lived in the Company's Guest House, which was abt 2 miles from the company'And no, no transportation provided Angry I bought a cycle on one weekend, when I could not walk anymore, and would cycle down every day. Mornings were good, all I had to do was sit on my bike and it would automatically drop me off at work'Ride Downhill, I call it. But evenings were crazy, I had to bike uphill for straight 2 miles Ouch 

Ohhh, and not to forget, there was no Walmart or any kind of grocery stores in 10 miles radius, but there was one dairy right on my way to work, and so many lil places where ppl sell veggies grown in their backyards. I survived on frozen food, and fresh veggies those 2 months'But seriously, I don't ever want to go back to anything similar again. Every Friday, my frnd who lived  in Philly would come down and pick me up and I would  spend the weekend at their place. And on weekends I din't visit Philly, I would be stuck with this Thai neighbor, she would drag me with her to these crazy Buddhism meditation groups Ouch

No, I don't want that life' I am happy living in cities and don't mind losing my peace, but that kind of silence sucks' Also this place was right next to some state park. We had all kind of animals and fishing zones everywhere. And people reared horses, or cultivated wild corn Ouch

gosh, that's sooo bad, Ekta...!!

yeah, i don't think i can survive in such a place.... EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL   it's really nice over here... we have a huge huge grocery store... it's about 5 miles, from my home... but then there are all these other random grocery stores too here... we do have some dairies... so i'm kinda somewhere in between, i guess as to what alabama is like, and how you are describing the place.... there are two major state parks, close to where i am....

i think i went to Virginia someplace... can't remember the name of the exact city right now... that was sort of like what Alabama is... there was only one walmart... and rest were all these small stores... and they had farmer's market every friday, apparently, where also you could get groceries... there was one grocery store in the whole town, which is like the smaller grocery stores here.... so yeah hubby ji did not accept that offer....

i do hope we move to a bigger city for his fellowship.... i want the kids to experience city life as well...  but where i am now, everything is within 5 to 10 minutes of driving distance... so it's not bad at all... except when i wanna go some shopping... i don't particularly like things at Walmart... specially their selection of clothes, and shoes... grocery, toys, and other things are fine.... also, there is a local hardware store... it's not as big as Home Depot, but it's not bad at all... i kinda enjoy it here... i think i am going to miss it when we move.... LOLLOL   but i don't want to stay here forever, either....!   Embarrassed

axeionpinkisluv91

pinkisluv91 IF-Stunnerz
pinkisluv91
pinkisluv91

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

[QUOTE=pinkisluv91]

yeah, i know... pata hi nahin chalta ke kab kaun sa occasion aaya aur gaya....!!

well, it's not as bad here... but i can't watch too many movies on the theatre, because of the kids....!   LOLLOL   last movie i saw was Deathly Hallows... none of the recent desi movies have caught my interest to the extent that i am compelled to watch them in theatre... LOLLOLLOL   yes, yes... i'm rather picky, when it comes to that.... most of the movies i have seen on the theatre have been hollywood movies.... LOL   i'm such a bad desi....!   LOLLOL

oooh, i got Killers movie from the library... it's supposed to be a romantic comedy... i'll see it either today or sometime this week, whenever i get time....!   EmbarrassedBig smile

TrueLOLLOL

AWWWW yea, none caught my interest either. I was hoping break ke baad would be good but I heard it flopped. LOL well you just like hollywoodTongue You're not a bad desi.

LOL awwww, have fun watching:)  Atm I'm looking forward to Saat khoon maaf, but I hope it doesn't flopOuch

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorNuktaacheenaxeion

Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:53pm | IP Logged

TrueLOLLOL

AWWWW yea, none caught my interest either. I was hoping break ke baad would be good but I heard it flopped. LOL well you just like hollywoodTongue You're not a bad desi.

LOL awwww, have fun watching:)  Atm I'm looking forward to Saat khoon maaf, but I hope it doesn't flopOuch

saat khoon maaf, eh... well, don't watch it with your family... LOLLOLLOL  too many, ahem, what's the word i am looking for.... yes.... scintillating scenes... WinkLOLLOL   there's even a love making scene with naseerudin shah.... i think i am going to watch it alone... because it does sound pretty interesting... EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOLLOL   and it's fun to debate, when i know what i am talking about, lol....

i don't mind bollywood movies, but when they try to copy hollywood, it's just a put off... i hate pretentious cinema... be what you are naa... they have their own niche, they should stick to it, instead of trying to be something they are not..... i love the old bollywood movies... aaj kal ki nayi movies, just aren't the same.... Ouch  

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarrioraxeionpinkisluv91

pinkisluv91 IF-Stunnerz
pinkisluv91
pinkisluv91

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 1:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by axeion

In summer 2009, I lived in Rural PA for 2 months for an Internship. That place was so similar to what u both are describing' or maybe worse Ouch 

Anyways, around 40 miles from Philly, and maybe 10 from Allentown, this place had absolutely nothing. The only way to get there was either drive, or take these Greyhound-type buses Angry which, hold ur breadth, would drop u off at this park-n-ride places. So this place where this company was located was another 5 miles from that place, with no bus or anything. U don't find cabs either Ouch Luckily, I lived in the Company's Guest House, which was abt 2 miles from the company'And no, no transportation provided Angry I bought a cycle on one weekend, when I could not walk anymore, and would cycle down every day. Mornings were good, all I had to do was sit on my bike and it would automatically drop me off at work'Ride Downhill, I call it. But evenings were crazy, I had to bike uphill for straight 2 miles Ouch 

Ohhh, and not to forget, there was no Walmart or any kind of grocery stores in 10 miles radius, but there was one dairy right on my way to work, and so many lil places where ppl sell veggies grown in their backyards. I survived on frozen food, and fresh veggies those 2 months'But seriously, I don't ever want to go back to anything similar again. Every Friday, my frnd who lived  in Philly would come down and pick me up and I would  spend the weekend at their place. And on weekends I din't visit Philly, I would be stuck with this Thai neighbor, she would drag me with her to these crazy Buddhism meditation groups Ouch

No, I don't want that life' I am happy living in cities and don't mind losing my peace, but that kind of silence sucks' Also this place was right next to some state park. We had all kind of animals and fishing zones everywhere. And people reared horses, or cultivated wild corn Ouch

AWWWWWWOuch sounds crappy but our place isn't THAT bad, like you explained LOL it's not that silentBig smile Sometimes I like silence and sometimes I get sick of it. Right now I love the weather hereEmbarrassed it's all foggy and neatLOL I like it because I don't have to go out, if I had to I'd hate itLOL We don't have cabs here either lmaoLOL but I don't care. Don't need emBig smile the main things I miss are diversity, food, familyEmbarrassed

Nuktaacheenaxeion

Go to top