India-Forums

Divya going to the party

talkingdesi_17 Senior Member
talkingdesi_17
talkingdesi_17

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
Hey

The forum is not very active so I thought it could use some discussion. I haven't seen today's episode (1/3/11) but I thought the previous episode was interesting. What did you guys think about Krishnaben not allowing Divya to go to the party? I know she gave a reason but how valid do you think the reason is? I don't live in India so I don't know how the customs are  so I apologize if I offend anyone, I live in the US and my mom is the same way. She won't let me stay out late (I am 17 years old, around Divya's age I guess) but my 18 year old brother will be allowed to stay out as late as he wants. Do you think it is still that "backward" thinking that girls should stay at home and "be decent" otherwise they will get raped or is it honestly a big issue in Indian culture?

Please share your thoughts and discuss episodes or issues so we can liven up the forum!

Nidhi

Zees-Dbn Groupbie
Zees-Dbn
Zees-Dbn

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Hi Nidhi.

Good Question.Clap 

Well i dont stay in India either but rather here in South Africa, within the Indian community this mindset still exists. Understandably times are more dangerous, but i beleive girls should be treated equally as boys. I think if the girl is responsible and stays true to her indian value then y not let her stay out.

I think because Krishnabhen didnt let her daughter go, and show she trusted her....that is why she resorted to lying. Not saying i support Divya, but i understand what she must b thinking.
tvserial245 Groupbie
tvserial245
tvserial245

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:08am | IP Logged
In India there are more late night crimes that take place that USA or South Africa which harm women. Just look at the stats and you will see how much crime against young girls takes place in India.

It has little to do with "backward thinking".

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd

talkingdesi_17
talkingdesi_17

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Zees-Dbn

Hi Nidhi.

Good Question.Clap 

Well i dont stay in India either but rather here in South Africa, within the Indian community this mindset still exists. Understandably times are more dangerous, but i beleive girls should be treated equally as boys. I think if the girl is responsible and stays true to her indian value then y not let her stay out.

I think because Krishnabhen didnt let her daughter go, and show she trusted her....that is why she resorted to lying. Not saying i support Divya, but i understand what she must b thinking.

I definitely agree with you there. Krishnaben should trust her daughter and not only that, but she brought her up with good values so Krishnaben should know that Divya would never do anything bad. I think divya is probably the 3rd child so she should be allowed more freedom is she is upholding the responsibility of it.

Are you saying you think Krishnaben was right in not letting Divya go out using a false pretense? Was Divya wrong?

talkingdesi_17
talkingdesi_17

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tvserial245

In India there are more late night crimes that take place that USA or South Africa which harm women. Just look at the stats and you will see how much crime against young girls takes place in India.

It has little to do with "backward thinking".

I understand that there are crimes against women everywhere, not just in India but is that a valid reason to force a girl to stay home and restrict her life?

I did not mean to insult India by using such language as "backward" thinking, I was trying to get across my point that women are still considered weak and inferior - not strong enough to stand up to a man. Shouldn't parents try harder to empower their daughters and teach them to voice their opinions against repression instead of setting limits on their activity? I have also experienced as a girl in US since I have to be home before 11 at night but there are no such restrictions on my brother. This kind of attitude from parents only increases the daughters' fears.
tvserial245 Groupbie
tvserial245
tvserial245

Posted: 13 January 2011 at 12:59pm | IP Logged
Crimes are more severe and frequent in countries like India than Europe or USA.
prettywomen22 IF-Dazzler
prettywomen22
prettywomen22

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:42pm | IP Logged
well, it is a big debatable question.  I strongly feel it is high time, parents started treating and giving equal stature to both daughters and sons.  Sons are no less vulnerable having mid-night parties compared to that of daughters.  If we are talking about danger then danger is equal for both.  It is hard to change the mindset of society but a small change within your family will go a long way in changing the society in future.
saurabhsb Newbie
saurabhsb
saurabhsb

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
Hi Nidhi !
Being from a researcher group we have found that the female harmones are more into feelings andprone to bond as compared to males who are having harmones which are more suited to strong and harsh tasks making them suitable to take responsibilities and the tasks requiring strength.
Please study the harmones testosterone and female harmone called as estrogen.
Both the genders have these harmones and thus they deserve to be treated equally.
But don't you think there can be reasons behind conditioning parents for such a behaviour?
Parents know that a strong female would disturb her harmones and turn them to be more like males and people might start calling her a tom boy or so.
Similar terms are given to males if they start showing girlish behaviour .
Like a blushing boy or so.
Would yo u like to distort your harmones or be proud of Indian traditions which bring out the beauty of not just one but both the harmone.
One best suited to be strong and the other best suited to be soft and sweet in nature and keep a balanc ein family but I personally do not believe by any means that a female can be behind by abiding by such restrictions or guidance. Because being strong sometimes can be called as harsh and being sweet is always called a being polite and /or good natured which is the requirement ofr whole of the world and all living beings like to be treated sweetly and softly.
Don't you believe the world runs due to softness and sweetness and the parents just try their best to just nurture that knowingly or unknowingly !

If you want to absorb my point better please view the movie Showlin Soccer where in the goalee girl does what the strong martial arts man as goal keeper could not do ad face. Just by being soft, sweet and calm.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index