Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

ABHI & KAT in SANTOSHI'S next!

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged

Abhishek and Katrina reunite

It looks like Raj Kumar Santoshi will be directing the junior instead of the senior Bachchan first. With Santoshi's Power (starring Amitabh Bachchan) on hold, the versatile director has now quickly moved to another quirky comedy a la Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani.

The untitled film will feature Abhishek Bachchan in his first out-and-out comic role, opposite Katrina Kaif thereby putting to rest all rumours about Katrina being reluctant to work with Junior B.

Maintains Kaif, "I had done one of my earliest films (Sarkar) with Abhishek. And it was great fun. Somehow subsequent projects didn't work out. I had decided whenever I work with him again, it would be in an out-and-out romantic subject."

Says Santoshi, "I've worked with Amitji before in Family and Khakee. But I've still not worked with Abhishek. I am really looking forward to directing him for the first time.

In him, I see great-untapped potential and a hunger to excel. There's a very mischievous side to his personality, which has not been tapped in any film. I think Abhishek has great comic potential. When I wrote this script I thought of him immediately." The untitled film will be produced by Santoshi and will go on the floors early next year.

Adds the filmmaker, "I've done two comedies before (Andaaz Apna Apna and Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahani). Both were warmly accepted. This will be my third. I can't wait to get started."

http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/jan/030111-Abhishekh-Bachchan-Katrina-Kaif-Raj-kumar-Santoshi-comic-role.htm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ibelieveinpink

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
Director is great but actor....Abhi & Kat? Idk...what do you guys think?
IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:31pm | IP Logged
Errr mismatched much? How did Ash approve?Shocked Just kiddingTongue Hopefully Santoshi doesn't give Kat another character that seems like she was born yesterday....and the stammering..oh my! But I am  really looking fwd to see Abhi in a comedy film!

Edited by IHeartDeepika - 03 January 2011 at 3:32pm

WhipCreamPantie

Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
LOL I know right, very mismatched. But I don't remember Sarkar, does anyone remember? How were they together? And I loved Kat in Ajab Prem. I hope Santoshi does something even better this time! He's such a good director!
IHeartDeepika. IF-Sizzlerz
IHeartDeepika.
IHeartDeepika.

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged
Kat hardly had two scenes in Sarkar...so can't really tell.  I really enjoyed Ajab Prem, so funny!..Ranbir was FANTASTIC! Thumbs UpBut I felt Kat took the stammering and wide eyes thing a bit too seriouslyLOL It was so distracting lol
Katalicious IF-Sizzlerz
Katalicious
Katalicious

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Compared to her other comedies with Akki, I thought she was fantastic and actually saw a lot of her. I loved it. But its okay, the forum is to bring people who think differently togetherTongue
theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
I dont like them in Sarkar so iam not interested until i see the first look .

WhipCreamPantie

tulsi003 Goldie
tulsi003
tulsi003

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 5:06pm | IP Logged
I thought the they looked great together in Sarkar. Aren't they doing a movie directed by Vipul Shah too? Nevertheless i'm looking forward to this movie.

Go to top