Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

quick analysis - 3/1/11 (Page 2)

yipee IF-Sizzlerz
yipee
yipee

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:47pm | IP Logged

nice post neeta...

here's my quick short take:

sushant - 9/10 - he was the best today but IMO the perf was not worthy of a perfect 30...his earlier performances were but this one though very good, was not "perfect"...I felt the presentation of the act could be a lil better and would have made it more impactful...

daya - 8/10 - his act was actually fun and entertaining...loved saloni..daya also did well...and vrushali danced well too...the gal has passion really...have adored her from DID days....only thing is that their dance did not have many challenging movements but they had a reason anyways...so sweet of jai for having helped vrushali

ragini - 7/10 - must say ragini has improved a lot with lifts etc...her legs were quite straight and she was comfortable and managed the lifts smoothly...the concept was excellent but disappointed with choreography...wish neerav hadnt chosen this concept at all actually...jai is a very gud dancer and neerav shud have used his dancing skills more than acting skills....even with this concept, there was some scope to enhance the dancing part...he could have used a diff way of tying up to show conjoined twins which would give them lil more room for movement...also ragini cud have done more freestyle or contemporary to depict her amotions...

shekhar suman - i will be lenient and give him a 5/10...i dont understand how malaika gave this act a 7 and 6 to ragini....i have seen far better pasa doble dances...the entire fire was missing....plus shekhar didnt have the kadak movements and postures...he was lil loose...i didnt enjoy the act at all esp considering pasa doble is one of my fav dance forms...this was def the weakest act of the day

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetymoltamushiaadri-debayonnikitagmc

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Shekhar- I feel he doesn't let himself out, he definitely has the potential to make for a great performance, but he restricts himself. The lifts that Shekhar has attempted so far have been faulty, and I have mixed opinions about it. On one hand, he is quite old, but on the other, he is jacked and should be able to perform the lifts with ease. The choreography today was good, not bad, was somewhat vague, but still understandable. And I think Preeti needs to give more scope to Shekhar within a performance.

Daya- The bad part about the dance was that it was really very, very simple and basic, and unlike his previous performance(and Remo's previous comments), not suitable for a competition, especially at such a stage. But I guess that is justified due to the absence of Vrushali. Nice of Jai to help out, really appreciate him for thatClap Daya was good, but then again the steps were too easy, and the style was given the title 'Bollywood' aka an amalgamation of different dance forms aka freestyle dancing. Hopefully they give slightly more emphasis on the dance than the performance(if there is a next time, I fear that he's gonna get eliminated next)

Sushant- I think this time around Sushant really deserved a 30! Won't comment on the dance, wonderfully choreographed them, the storytelling was very creative and awesome, and what I liked is, even though Sushant was given most of the opportunity, Shampa and Reshma were given ample space to perform too! Wonderfully done!Clap

Ragini- After Daya, I am a huge fan of Ragini. But like Neeta Di said, where was the dance? There was sooo much potential in this performance. But Neerav was not able to utilize it and transform it into a 30. Really disappointing!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

dr.fahmitamushiblytonyipee

tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
I would be really dissapointed if anything of the stars who are good dancers already wins...the show is abt non-dancers and those who grow as a dancer

so for me sushant, krushna, ragini, ankita and the likes
Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sweetymolCuteCherry-Hoor-

DivianTanz_Divz IF-Addictz
DivianTanz_Divz
DivianTanz_Divz

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
I won't analyze fully, but will say something only about Sushant. He got highest 30 marks yesterday and others were far from him. So, only will tell my opinion for him.
It seems like this time Sushant is gonna win. Obviously, because he is a well trained...no, he is the most trained dancer here. He has got an amazing choreographer. He should get 30 each time, not for his dance, but for the concept and choreography. One thing, I must say that I think Sushant's dance steps are almost the same from that episode where he got first 30. Yesterday too I felt that this dance steps  were done by him continuously for 3 episodes. He deserved 27 for concept, but his dancing was same as usual. Most of the steps were being used from the very beginning for him. Still he is getting 30. How lucky he is!! If Daya is to be blamed for using same and basic steps, Sushant too should be blamed for the same. The judges are concentrating on their previous charm about him, not on his present performance. It's very unfair for the other participants.
Please Sushant fans don't take it otherwise, but I'm feeling that it is being unfair with most of the contestants there except Sushant. Sorry, it's my opinion.

Edited by TanniSDaya - 03 January 2011 at 9:29pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Asad-Kii-Arzoo

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Shekhar- I feel he doesn't let himself out, he definitely has the potential to make for a great performance, but he restricts himself. The lifts that Shekhar has attempted so far have been faulty, and I have mixed opinions about it. On one hand, he is quite old, but on the other, he is jacked and should be able to perform the lifts with ease. The choreography today was good, not bad, was somewhat vague, but still understandable. And I think Preeti needs to give more scope to Shekhar within a performance.

Daya- The bad part about the dance was that it was really very, very simple and basic, and unlike his previous performance(and Remo's previous comments), not suitable for a competition, especially at such a stage. But I guess that is justified due to the absence of Vrushali. Nice of Jai to help out, really appreciate him for thatClap Daya was good, but then again the steps were too easy, and the style was given the title 'Bollywood' aka an amalgamation of different dance forms aka freestyle dancing. Hopefully they give slightly more emphasis on the dance than the performance(if there is a next time, I fear that he's gonna get eliminated next)

Sushant- I think this time around Sushant really deserved a 30! Won't comment on the dance, wonderfully choreographed them, the storytelling was very creative and awesome, and what I liked is, even though Sushant was given most of the opportunity, Shampa and Reshma were given ample space to perform too! Wonderfully done!Clap

Ragini- After Daya, I am a huge fan of Ragini. But like Neeta Di said, where was the dance? There was sooo much potential in this performance. But Neerav was not able to utilize it and transform it into a 30. Really disappointing!

Completely agree with your post. Sushant definitely deserved the 30, their performance moved me to tears. The coordination between the 3 was perfect and like Malaika said, it was the only dance that actually used the concept of Teen ka Tadka well.ClapClapClap

I am really scared for Ragini. Her choreographer is more interested in making her act than dance. Also, does he fancy himself a scriptwriter??? Confused Every dance is interrupted by some mushy, usually hackneyed dialogue. Even the concept of conjoined twins wasn't original....duh, we all know about Amber Dhara. To cap it all, despite her popularity, she doesn't get votes. If she gets voted out this week, I will blame Neerav for it.Angry

lunza

lunza IF-Rockerz
lunza
lunza

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Haven't watched ragini's performance .. but from whatever I saw in the promos and precap .. neerav seems to have messed it up big time ...
Nothing wrong with going for high emotional quotient .. but concentrating only on that and not the dance part is a huge blunder ..
if you are making conjoined twins dance , you need a real smart piece of choreography ..

Edited by lunza - 03 January 2011 at 10:59pm

blyton

HakkaBakka Goldie

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top