Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars
Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

quick analysis - 3/1/11

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
yo everyone. I wrote an analysis because I was bored -

1) shekhar 'shocker' suman, with preeti and vidya - where was the paso doble? who was the bull? who was the matador? where was the dance? why had the song 'maria maria' been used? don't tell me just because it had the word 'senorita' in it. 

thanda performance. ridiculous and pretentious attempt at making it look like paso doble.

1/5

2) daya, with vrushali and saloni - interesting and entertaining! lived upto it's claim of being jhakaas and bindaas. liked the little gags in the middle. smart choreography, although daya did forget his steps in the middle. both vrushali and daya were stumped by saloni - amazing energy.

entertaining and energizing performance. choreographed well, keeping daya's limitations in mind.

3.5/5

3) sushant with shampa and rashmi desai - engaging concept, I liked how they depicted the importance of unity in diversity through the dance. ending did not have to be so happy and rosy, a tragic ending would have been more impactful and hard hitting. nevertheless, I liked the performance minus the end. sushant is one lucky guy though, he has one of the best choreographers and today he got a good dancer as the third partner aswell. 

it defenitely did not deserve a 30, IMO. sushant is beginning to enter the 'overrated' pool now. judges need to pull him down before overconfidence ruins his act.

3.5/5

4) ragini with neerav and jay - I love ragini, but seriously, where was the dance? it was overflowing with emotion but there was simply no dance there. I understand the the concept had many limitations and therefore it must have been difficult to choreograph the piece - but isn't this what choregraphers are all about? to come up with a good performance within the given parameters.

it let me down big time. I expect alot more from ragini. 

2.5/5

Edited by CZ.. - 04 January 2011 at 2:36am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

wassup28--Minks--zanish_ktamushi--sree--SaffyFlowerDavisuzi_bJagavi_Naikdebayon-Rinki-yipee.shona.Tani91adventure_gurlDabulls23....Poojie....Asad-Kii-ArzooDivianTanz_Divz

TheUltimate Senior Member
TheUltimate
TheUltimate

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Appreciate your honesty. It is apparent that you were bored.
peace224 Groupbie
peace224
peace224

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Good for you than Ermm
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TheUltimate

Appreciate your honesty. It is apparent that you were bored.

no, I wasn't bored. maybe the lack of emoticons in my post sent that message across LOL the epi was entertaining as always, my post only focuses on the dances Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dabulls23

infinity00 IF-Rockerz
infinity00
infinity00

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
I agree with your analysis, I am true Ragini fan, but I am scared for her, woud definetly miss her if she is eliminated, her choreographer is quite weak, i am feeling so so sorry, and kind of feeling now that the stage is set only for Sushant to win, I am not saying out of envy or anything but it really feels like it. No offence to his fans as he is Pro dancer , and all the others look like bachas infront of him and Yana as well, its unfair or they are lucky.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

111192U-No-Poo

tamushi Goldie
tamushi
tamushi

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 4:45pm | IP Logged
sorry , didn't saw this topic and opened similar one which I had asked mods to close if they like.below is my take on today's episode:

The below analysis of today's performance is entirely my opinion as viewer who has doesn't know how to dance or any other knowledge of it. feel free to share ur opinions as well.

shekhar and team - their performance was good and dancing was good, but little miss in coordination here and there, also the last lift resulted in Vidya falling. overall I liked it. marks - 21 was fair enough

Daya and team - I loved their performance and was specially impressed by Daya. I think Daya and Saloni chemistry was rockingLOL.it was very entertaining on the whole.Marks - 22 - little less still fair as vrishalini hadn't choreographed it  - I think judges gave them less even though their performance deserved more, may be because they had extra help from Jay(even though reason was understandable, still).

Sushant and team - As expected from Sushant - different,well coordinated and choreographed, wholesome) - Marks - 30 - deserved.

Ragini and team -  very nice emotional,touching performance dominated more by act than dance, as remo said if there was little more of dancing - it would have been fabulous.Marks - 21 - fair enough

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonU-No-PoodebayonTani91DivianTanz_Divz

CuteCherry Goldie
CuteCherry
CuteCherry

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 5:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by venture

I agree with your analysis, I am true Ragini fan, but I am scared for her, woud definetly miss her if she is eliminated, her choreographer is quite weak, i am feeling so so sorry, and kind of feeling now that the stage is set only for Sushant to win, I am not saying out of envy or anything but it really feels like it. No offence to his fans as he is Pro dancer , and all the others look like bachas infront of him and Yana as well, its unfair or they are lucky.

i don't think other contestants look like bachas in front of Sushant.
Yana, krushan, ankita and ragina are all very good dancers. its just that Sushant's performance has always stood out and he deserved every score he got cuz his performance are outstanding. even krushna and yana's performance has always stood out.and what's unfair about it???? if they do well than they get the recognition for it if they don't than they will not get it. its as simple as that. also, i am not understanding y r u only pointing at sushant?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krutiv100

JennyPenny IF-Addictz
JennyPenny
JennyPenny

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:47pm | IP Logged
I thought Sushant deserved his 30. They brought something new to the stage and it was well done in terms of all the things. I wish Ragini's was also that good. The emotions were great, but there was no dance. No offense, just my opinion.

If Sushant wins Jhalak, it's cause he totally deserves it.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mamanablytonadventure_gurl-Hoor-.shona.

Go to top