Rang Badalti Odhani

Shantanu over Suraj?

-SYS- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Guys, I was watching old episodes and I started wondering whether Khanak loves Shantanu more than she loved Suraj?Or maybe her love for Shaan is different compared to her love for Suraj.If so then in what way?
Shaan obviously needs Khanak in his life more than he needed Natasha because he chose her over Natasha.But Khanak never made a choice.Suraj died. There was no choice involved.
I think they need to explore more about all the reasons why Khanak loves Shaan so much.What do you guys think?

[Sorry I've always been into analyzing each and everything.And while re-watching extremely old scenes I was struck by just how much Khanak used to be in love with Suraj]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: -SYS-

Guys, I was watching old episodes and I started wondering whether Khanak loves Shantanu more than she loved Suraj?Or maybe her love for Shaan is different compared to her love for Suraj.If so then in what way?

Shaan obviously needs Khanak in his life more than he needed Natasha because he chose her over Natasha.But Khanak never made a choice.Suraj died. There was no choice involved.
I think they need to explore more about all the reasons why Khanak loves Shaan so much.What do you guys think?

[Sorry I've always been into analyzing each and everything.And while re-watching extremely old scenes I was struck by just how much Khanak used to be in love with Suraj]

I think we have been through the Natasha and Suraj, being ShaNak's first love before....I concluded that for both case it was more childhood, friendship or pehla nasha....There are so many shades of love....But what she feels fo Shaan is deeper and stronger....

They have had the conection from day one....But their relationship has been through the elements to get to where they are...And what a journey it has been....
iluvsagar thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
woww good point i never really thought about it...i think if sooraj was still alive then there wud b no storyline to odhani since considering the story is more about khanak and shantanu..but if sooraj were alive then she'd choose him but...i dont know this is a tough question...they should show more reasons as to why khanak loves shaan so much..good point 👏
IFsKhanak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
SYS
remember
khanak had to fast for Suraj and she didnt care about that much
when she saw mithai she wanted to have it. She was immature/probably did not understand the man-woman relationship at that time.

If she fasts now, she's going to treat it differently :) 

i think Suraj was more of a "bachpan ka khuwab"

rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I was wondering the same thing SYS....

but then like all childhood love and crushes, we feel that. In khanak's situation, when she got married, she was still young and didn't really understand the meaning of the whole love. to her it was like something she needed to do. even after marriage she was still a kid and then the whole hadsa changed her. It happens to the best of people. we change over night...

Like many here said: Shanak had a different bond from day one. even now they have something special and something new. every time they interact, there is something new. It feels like new love to them and us.

Now Khanak has a different bond with Shaan. She understands the meaning of love and meaning of marriage and that she understood with Shaan only.

there is something I always believed and that is people who accept us for who we are, knowing everything about our past are the people who truly loves us from thick and thin. with Shanak their relationship is like that. both accept the other knowing everything. Khanak knows about Shaan's past, love, and his role in Suraj's marriage. Shaan knows something about Khanak that no other family members know. He knows everything because somehow he was part of it.

Their bond is def. stronger and both love eachother from all the flaws.

Sorry for the long post.

rooj

PS: welcome to the forum i guess
-SYS- thumbnail
@ iluvsagar  
yeah I really think they need to spend some time on their love story.Well frankly they just need to spend more time on ShaNak whether they are fighting, having 'How do I love thee, Let me count the ways' moments or whatever!

@ May and IFsKhanak
That's what I thought.Bachpan ka pyaar vs grown up love but some people told me k the pyaar might change as you grow old but it is ever present etc which had me a bit confused.What can I say.I've yet to fall in love!
-SYS- thumbnail
@ rooj
Thanks and nicely put.Don't worry about the long post.I love dissections on love.It's such a mystery I feel!
adeelahuju thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
i think love is love .. and obviously she used to love suraj a lot..
but since he is died and now she is a wife of shantanu  so she loves shantanu.. the difference is just that ,that now she love only shantanu and she would have a respect for suraj nothing more than this...
rooj-i thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -SYS-

@ rooj

Thanks and nicely put.Don't worry about the long post.I love dissections on love.It's such a mystery I feel!

feelings are mutual buddy...
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I agree with Rooj....ShaNak accepted eachother knowing their past and grew as people along the way.....

I think the tranformation and reasons have been explored along the way....Just not spelled out in specific scenes....They hated eachother for causing problems in their repected lives, they called a truce and became friends, then began the relisation of love and the fight to keep it....