Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

India-Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani
Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani

PKYEK inspired/copied from vd/twlight.DISCUSS HERE (Page 6)

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged
shona. and Divz, I'm sure Abhay is vegetarian. Remember, he told his parents, "Maine aaj tak kissi insaan par hamla nahi kiya'???
And ya, Edward was also veggie. And since you guys are saying it, so Stefan too. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shona.

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
another similarity between vampires in PKYEK and TVD is they can eat and drink food.
ChandEena are always drinking and in VD Caroline says eating food helps control blood cravings...though havent seen the vampires of pkyek eating...

Edited by shona. - 05 January 2011 at 12:08pm

.Jane..

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Aren't they drinking blood?Dead
To tell you the truth, I haven't seen anyone eating anything in PKYEKErmm
In twilight, they can eat, but as Edward said, its like eating dust for them. So at least, there, food isn't even a poor substitute for blood. Maybe same is in case of PKYEK?? Also, Abhay seems to have a greater affinity for Pia's blood like Edward did for Bella's.

Edited by Chill_Out - 05 January 2011 at 12:17pm
AnamikaSJain IF-Dazzler
AnamikaSJain
AnamikaSJain

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
I think the only people who would say that PKYEK is not inspired from Twilight or Vampire Diaries are those who have not read the Twilight Saga Series, seen Twilight Movie or read Vampire Diaries Series. As someone who have read the entire series of Twilight and Vampire Diaries I definitely see an inspiration from both these Vampire Romance Series of Novels. However, Efforts have been made to make it unique by adding some spice. Anyways, I honestly do not care as I think a Desi version of these International Bestsellers would be cool to watch... at least that would be 10 times better than the usual stuff Ekta makes.

.Jane..

AnamikaSJain IF-Dazzler
AnamikaSJain
AnamikaSJain

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chill_Out

shona. and Divz, I'm sure Abhay is vegetarian. Remember, he told his parents, "Maine aaj tak kissi insaan par hamla nahi kiya'???
And ya, Edward was also veggie. And since you guys are saying it, so Stefan too. 

Don't you think Abhay Character has also some resemblance to Stefan Salvatore of Vampire Diaries in that regard apart from Edward of Twilight? When Katherine made Damon and Stefan Vampires, Stefan kept away from humans and survived on cattle. I see Abhay as a mix of both Edward of Twilight and Stefan of Vampire Diaries.

Edited by Anamika1570 - 05 January 2011 at 8:41pm

.Jane..

.Jane.. IF-Stunnerz
.Jane..
.Jane..

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
@Anamika: I haven't seen VD so can't compare him to Stefan but I don't see much similarity between Abhay and Edward to tell you the truth. Maybe he's inspired more by Stefan and less by Edward?

P.S. I agree with your first post that even though PKYEK is an intersection of both VD and Twilight but it has its own 'tadka' and 'masala' to suit the 'Desi' taste.
ARMAANMALLICK Newbie
ARMAANMALLICK
ARMAANMALLICK

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

if its the inpiration,  was there also these vast zones of hits and misses?

shona. IF-Rockerz
shona.
shona.

Posted: 05 January 2011 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
@ Anamika-yh Abhay seems to be a mixure of edward and stefan...his possessive nature and confidence is like edward, they way he answered all of pia's questions today with complete confidence...only pia doesnt seem to be convinced.
His compassion and past seem more like Stefan..but his past with maithalli differs from Stefan's past with Katherine
He has a small part of Damon too-he is always dressed in black in present day...in flashback he was wearing white...

yh rightly said, the people who have watched and read twilight or vampire diaries will see the similarities....its not copied from either of the two saga...certain aspects are taken and mixed with the desi/ekta touch...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

AnamikaSJain.Jane..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pyaar Kii Ye Ek Kahaani Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index