Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnamikaSJain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
I think the only people who would say that PKYEK is not inspired from Twilight or Vampire Diaries are those who have not read the Twilight Saga Series, seen Twilight Movie or read Vampire Diaries Series. As someone who have read the entire series of Twilight and Vampire Diaries I definitely see an inspiration from both these Vampire Romance Series of Novels. However, Efforts have been made to make it unique by adding some spice. Anyways, I honestly do not care as I think a Desi version of these International Bestsellers would be cool to watch... at least that would be 10 times better than the usual stuff Ekta makes.
AnamikaSJain thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chill_Out

shona. and Divz, I'm sure Abhay is vegetarian. Remember, he told his parents, "Maine aaj tak kissi insaan par hamla nahi kiya'???

And ya, Edward was also veggie. And since you guys are saying it, so Stefan too. 

Don't you think Abhay Character has also some resemblance to Stefan Salvatore of Vampire Diaries in that regard apart from Edward of Twilight? When Katherine made Damon and Stefan Vampires, Stefan kept away from humans and survived on cattle. I see Abhay as a mix of both Edward of Twilight and Stefan of Vampire Diaries.
Edited by Anamika1570 - 13 years ago
.Jane.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
@Anamika: I haven't seen VD so can't compare him to Stefan but I don't see much similarity between Abhay and Edward to tell you the truth. Maybe he's inspired more by Stefan and less by Edward?

P.S. I agree with your first post that even though PKYEK is an intersection of both VD and Twilight but it has its own 'tadka' and 'masala' to suit the 'Desi' taste.
ARMAANMALLICK thumbnail

if its the inpiration,  was there also these vast zones of hits and misses?

shona. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Anamika-yh Abhay seems to be a mixure of edward and stefan...his possessive nature and confidence is like edward, they way he answered all of pia's questions today with complete confidence...only pia doesnt seem to be convinced.
His compassion and past seem more like Stefan..but his past with maithalli differs from Stefan's past with Katherine
He has a small part of Damon too-he is always dressed in black in present day...in flashback he was wearing white...

yh rightly said, the people who have watched and read twilight or vampire diaries will see the similarities....its not copied from either of the two saga...certain aspects are taken and mixed with the desi/ekta touch...
.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
This Show is Complete copy of VD & Twilight ! As Priti Said ! n Wat Pisses me off is She KEPT sayin in 2 of Her Articles THT NO ITS NOT Copy of Twilight !! 🤪YA RIGHT 😳
i mean Atleast give credit seriously 😕 !! there is nothin original Seriously 😕 !! everythin is so xpected 😳
khushbu11 thumbnail
i think tht PKYEK is an inspiration of vd/twilight :)
AnamikaSJain thumbnail
Originally posted by: shona.

@ Anamika-yh Abhay seems to be a mixure of edward and stefan...his possessive nature and confidence is like edward, they way he answered all of pia's questions today with complete confidence...only pia doesnt seem to be convinced.
His compassion and past seem more like Stefan..but his past with maithalli differs from Stefan's past with Katherine
He has a small part of Damon too-he is always dressed in black in present day...in flashback he was wearing white...

yh rightly said, the people who have watched and read twilight or vampire diaries will see the similarities....its not copied from either of the two saga...certain aspects are taken and mixed with the desi/ekta touch...

@shona You are Right! After having noticed the similarities and the direction the Serial is going it would not be a surprise if Piya even after knowing the truth would still love Abhay (may initially resist though), Abhay may leave Piya for her own safety or If Piya becomes a Vampire too... What say?
I would also not be surprised if Abhay sneaks into Piya's Bedroom to watch her sleep too (like in Twilight)... Infact I think that would be cool!

@-Cwezy_Manoola-  I also dislike the fact that Ekta or her Actors are not giving Credit to where it is due... Nothing is wrong in drawing inspiration from another source... Writers do that all the time... but say it and not deny it. PKYEK has so much of Desi touch which has enabled the Serial to appear different but I don't think Vampire Romance fans like me who read such stuff all the time are complete fools.
Edited by Anamika1570 - 13 years ago
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Cwezy_Manoola-

This Show is Complete copy of VD & Twilight ! As Priti Said ! n Wat Pisses me off is She KEPT sayin in 2 of Her Articles THT NO ITS NOT Copy of Twilight !! 🤪YA RIGHT 😳

i mean Atleast give credit seriously 😕 !! there is nothin original Seriously 😕 !! everythin is so xpected 😳

Hmm yeah! When you have *taken ideas* from some show, just admit it! And then you are always welcome to twist the story your way, but just don't deny the fact that you copied the basic idea! 😆
-Lana thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Manal - Hun..well i guss if we talk about that almost all vampire storys are copy from eachother..vampires do have common things..and ekta can't make her own vampires even though she is trying..But as far we have seen in the show are things we have as well seen in other vampire storys but thats only for the vampires..we stil have abhay and pia scenes and the other characters which are orignal and not copy.