Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA - REVIEWS (Page 48)

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 1:48am | IP Logged
I think the Indian audience has a very well defined, limited perception of 'angst'. it's not just when people cry and beat their chest like crazy gorillas that they're experiencing 'angst', it can be silent too. everyone has different ways of expressing grief - a lot of people simply compartmentalize because they don't want to deal with it. 

we don't know the real sabrina, any X person knows as much about her as I do, obviously from the media reports and TV appearances. and that is not even 0.1% of who she really may be. I'm glad that Sabrina was depicted the way she was in the film because I could connect with her more that way. that's how normal people are, actually. fighting the system robs one of all the emotion and strength because it is just so damn tiring.

basically, I'm glad it was a subtle and a quieter role. I really wouldn't have been able to digest a jhansi ki rani portrayal of her. 

Edited by CZ.. - 11 January 2011 at 1:49am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwblyton-Rinki-TheBlackJaguarMehak_Luvs_Rani

-Mink- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mink-
-Mink-

SRJMB, DID2 Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:36am | IP Logged

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA grosses 22 crores on opening weekend

January 11, 2011 12:05:19 PM IST
Glamsham Editorial
Send to Friend

The much awaited film released at the start of the year 2011, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA, had a fantastic opening weekend grossing Rs 19 crores at the domestic box office and Rs 3 crores in the overseas market. The film broke all records for any film released during the first week of a new year so far. 

In the international markets, the film has broken all trade norms for a female lead, issue based film. In the UK, the weekend gross is USD 130,787; in the Gulf it grossed USD 183,044, taking the per screen average to more than USD 9000; in the US the weekend gross is USD 235,000. Including other territories like Australia, South Africa, Pakistan, Singapore and other territories the total overseas weekend gross is Rs. 3 crores.

view NO ONE KILLED JESSICA stills

view NO ONE KILLED JESSICA stills

Directed by Rajkumar Gupta (director of critically acclaimed, Aamir) and produced by UTV Spotboy, the film received a rave response from critics applauding Rani Mukherjee and Vidya Balan's performances, as a fiery and ambitious media reporter and the understated sibling of Jessica Lall respectively. The contemporary and cutting edge music in the film from the talented Amit Trivedi was another major highlight of the film, which stirred the audiences in advance of the release. 

"NO ONE KILLED JESSICA is an issue-based story which could very easily have been slotted as another docu-drama, but our strong belief, backed aggressive marketing, wide scale distribution and of course a superbly entertaining film, have resulted in NOKJ emerging both a creative and commercial success", said Siddharth Roy Kapur, CEO, Motion Pictures- UTV.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenblytongujunpyoU-No-Poo-Rinki-sheeewidaMehak_Luvs_Rani

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:37am | IP Logged
^that's amazing! Approve Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Mink-sheee

-Mink- IF-Sizzlerz
-Mink-
-Mink-

SRJMB, DID2 Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged
Taran's Twitter
'No One Killed Jessica' Monday collected Rs 2.10 cr [Fri to Sun was Rs 13.40 cr nett]. Total so far: Rs 15.50 cr nett. Very good!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheensheeeMehak_Luvs_Rani

-Rinki- IF-Sizzlerz
-Rinki-
-Rinki-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 3:41am | IP Logged
Thats great :)

Vidya & Rani so deserve all this Big smile I like how many of the people here in Gulf don't like 'serious' movies. But the cinema's was like houseful, felt great. There were some Arabs who didn't understand Hindi..yet they were there to watch the movie LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

blytonMehak_Luvs_Rani

bolly007 Goldie

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:54am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
bolly007 Goldie

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 5:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bolly007

Originally posted by CZ..

I think the Indian audience has a very well defined, limited perception of 'angst'. it's not just when people cry and beat their chest like crazy gorillas that they're experiencing 'angst', it can be silent too. everyone has different ways of expressing grief - a lot of people simply compartmentalize because they don't want to deal with it. 

we don't know the real sabrina, any X person knows as much about her as I do, obviously from the media reports and TV appearances. and that is not even 0.1% of who she really may be. I'm glad that Sabrina was depicted the way she was in the film because I could connect with her more that way. that's how normal people are, actually. fighting the system robs one of all the emotion and strength because it is just so damn tiring.

basically, I'm glad it was a subtle and a quieter role. I really wouldn't have been able to digest a jhansi ki rani portrayal of her. 
the real sabrina fought the system wid all her might, however vidya did not portray her character as strong!

how do you define 'strong'?

Go to top