Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA - REVIEWS (Page 46)

TheBlackJaguar IF-Stunnerz
TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ladygaga

Don't want to be disrespectful to other's views.. but i am just throwin in my pov out there... i loved director's idea of keeping the movie less dramatic.. and more real.. lets face it.. real life is not full of heavy drama and dhishum dhishum shown in bolly movies.. i thought it was refreshing that for a change.. a bolly movie was much more subltle.. and not very heavy.. i loved Vidya's acting.. i think her acting was very realistic.. and subdued..and she emoted very well through her eyes.. she wasn't shown as this over dramatic.. jhansi ki rani.. who was ready to fight the world.. her struggle was shown in a much real  and passive way.. from her running around to get the witnesses to give truthful statements to her own struggle at the end where she decides to give up.. coz as she say it.. she is 28.. has no life or a boy friend.. i personally think this movie was a step up from the melodrama and the over dramatics that we see usually in bolly movies.

I will like to second you here ( sorry for just butting in as you don't know me .LOL).....i totally agree with you on that. Real life is no long sweeping soggy melodrama either. Things go wrong , we lose a lot and from what we have seen of tragedy , we all learn to deal with pain and trauma - people shatter - like Sabrina and Jessica's parents must have. But you pick up your courage , gather your guts and do something about it. Sabrina Lall didn't sail through those 7 years of turmoil ( if i have the figure right) by being a crybaby or sobbing all over. The truth was in front of her and she fought for it by putting pain in the backburner and going proactive. Vidya's portrayal of Sabrina's grit and her coming to in sync with her sister's loss and dealing with it was just fine.

Isn't that what we all do? Deal with what has happened and get up and do something about it? There is a limit upto which you can cry and suffer. For Sabrina, it all boiled down to getting her sister's killer behind bars and i am doubtful if seeing her going raw on emotions would have convinced me that she was in psycho-emotional state to pull off what she did.

I hope i made sense. Smile

Edited by Pocahontas - 10 January 2011 at 9:11pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaclarsU-No-PooeraserMehak_Luvs_Rani

eraser IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:16pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pocahontas

Don't want to be disrespectful to other's views.. but i am just throwin in my pov out there... i loved director's idea of keeping the movie less dramatic.. and more real.. lets face it.. real life is not full of heavy drama and dhishum dhishum shown in bolly movies.. i thought it was refreshing that for a change.. a bolly movie was much more subltle.. and not very heavy.. i loved Vidya's acting.. i think her acting was very realistic.. and subdued..and she emoted very well through her eyes.. she wasn't shown as this over dramatic.. jhansi ki rani.. who was ready to fight the world.. her struggle was shown in a much real  and passive way.. from her running around to get the witnesses to give truthful statements to her own struggle at the end where she decides to give up.. coz as she say it.. she is 28.. has no life or a boy friend.. i personally think this movie was a step up from the melodrama and the over dramatics that we see usually in bolly movies.

I will like to second you here ( sorry for just butting in as you don't know me .LOL).....i totally agree with you on that. Real life is no long sweeping soggy melodrama either. Things go wrong , we lose a lot and from what we have seen of tragedy , we all learn to deal with pain and trauma - people shatter - like Sabrina and Jessica's parents must have. But you pick up your courage , gather your guts and do something about it. Sabrina Lall didn't sail through those 7 years of turmoil ( if i have the figure right) by being a crybaby or sobbing all over. The truth was in front of her and she fought for it by putting pain in the backburner and going proactive. Vidya's portrayal of Sabrina's grit and her coming to in sync with her sister's loss and dealing with it was just fine.

Isn't that what we all do? Deal with what has happened and get up and do something about it? There is a limit upto which you can cry and suffer. For Sabrina, it all boiled down to getting her sister's killer behind bars and i am doubtful if seeing her going raw on emotions would have convinced me that she was in psycho-emotional state to pull off what she did.

Yes I totally agree.. the most interesting thing was that no where in the movie did i feel that the director was trying to manipulate the viewers.. or trying very hard for everyone to think it the same way.. everything seemed very passive to me.. and honestly if i would have watched this movie 5 years ago.. i think i would have hated it.. but after enduring so much drama on tv, in movies and watching such heavy content i think i needed this sorta movie for a change.. where things were very straight forward and real..

Edited by ladygaga - 10 January 2011 at 10:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBlackJaguarMehak_Luvs_Rani

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

Havent watched the movie yet but if Vidya did give a subtle performance then I'm sure I'll love it. i'm exactly like how you described Vidya, I'm anything but dramatic and in rough times, I mostly have one expression on my face and the most I do is let some tears flow quietly. I'm looking forward to the movie now, thank you ladygaga Smile

I don't know if you will like the movie or not.. every viewer is different and everyone reacts to a movie in a different way.. read everyone's views and reviews and then decide if you wanna watch it.
clars IF-Rockerz
clars
clars

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

Guys,

There was a news piece in DNA (After Hours) - a daily ,  today that declares NOKJ a hit and the first heroine-oriented film that has broken the infamous January jinx. Now, film makers and trade analysts have more hope for films like Saat Khoon Maaf ( PC), Kahaani( Vidya Balan) etc.

Big smileBig smilePoco thanks so much ,apparently Rajkumar Gupta is besotted By Rani and is scripting his next movie titled"Rapchik romance"and asked if he would cast rani his answer was "why not'Big smileBig smile

am so glad for Rani and vidya they deserve all the sucessBig smileBig smile good going girlsSmile

Edited by clars - 10 January 2011 at 10:22pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

TheBlackJaguarMehak_Luvs_Rani

bolly007 Goldie

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

TheBlackJaguar

TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by clars

Guys,

There was a news piece in DNA (After Hours) - a daily ,  today that declares NOKJ a hit and the first heroine-oriented film that has broken the infamous January jinx. Now, film makers and trade analysts have more hope for films like Saat Khoon Maaf ( PC), Kahaani( Vidya Balan) etc.

Big smileBig smilePoco thanks so much ,apparently Rajkumar Gupta is besotted By Rani and is scripting his next movie titled"Rapchik romance"and asked if he would cast rani his answer was "why not'Big smileBig smile

am so glad for Rani and vidya they deserve all the sucessBig smileBig smile good going girlsSmile

Clariz! Hug.....long time, sweetz! How's life been? Embarrassed....I am happy that NOKJ is doing well. Rani, Vidya are actresses par excellence and it is great to see them carry a film on their shoulders. NOKJ , inspite of it's faults is a celebration of heroine-centric cinema and subjects that matter to us as a society. I hope Rani and Vidya continue to rule because they are what i call ACTRESSES  in this generation of Vanity Fair closets where costumes of heroines have more expressions than them. LOL

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

TheBlackJaguar
TheBlackJaguar

Posted: 10 January 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by bolly007

i dunno about others but i wud cry like maniacs if my sister dies, my furstration wud be at its heights!! and the threatening was not shown as well as it shud've been shown, also the muder sequence does not give u the goosebumps, even then media attacking or the media interviews does not give u the josh, the court sequences were not that brilliant either, I feel the movie had to be longer to have a better and inspiring screenplay!

If i look at your POV, i agree. But then, i guess we all have individual reactions and sensitivity quotients - or should i say the way we tackle pain and loss. I agree with you that the script falters in places but because the overall picture works, i let it pass. Maybe we just look at things and life in different ways , so our POVs are different. Smile

clars

Go to top