Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
😛
Originally posted by: pooja_l

ok so how is the film doing B.O wise, is it a hit??

OH...YES....it is.....😛 many news channels yesterday flocking appreciation for the movie...some channels called it hit and some saying 'that jessica got justice again'.👏

still i know tht boxofficeindia will not call it 'hit' but i am happy tht generally it is a hit....last time anjaana anjaani too did well but was called a flop by all...but the case is not repearted with NOKJ 😛
pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
^^^ oh i m so happy a female oriented movie doing well at B.O standards too, happy for Rani and Vidya, power house of performace giving hit movies, wow, thnx a ton for the info
Originally posted by: bolly007

let us put it that way, they were not any quality sequences showing her going against the system, i did not find any amazing sequences in which i find struggle or fight or i dunno sumthing was missing, the screenplay was very uninspiring

thats ur opinion and we let it be......and no one can copy and paste it on someone's mind.

and whats the big issues and complaints...it was already obvious when the theatrcial trailer of the film came out and the movie is closed to that.....people expecting something else from the film shall be dissapointed and its only their fault. The majority loved the film...dats all

Edited by tweety_lovely - 13 years ago
Originally posted by: tweety_lovely

thats ur opinion and we let it be......and no one can copy and paste it on someone's mind.

and whats the big issues and complaints...it was already obvious when the theatrcial trailer of the film came out and the movie is closed to that.....people expecting something else from the film shall be dissapointed and its only their fault. The majority loved the film...dats all

let my opinion be, u dun like when sumone argues wid u, so y do u do that to other people??? i feel that the movie's screenplay is not that good, and i imagine even the real life events of it more dramatic, the impact was missing, the case got reopened but the josh was not clear, i did not feel the movie, i did not feel the tragedy or the power of the people or the struggle of the sisster, i thought the movie was well-made but i could not feel it!!! and u cannot change my opinion!
Mehak_Luvs_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
taran_adarsh

'NOKJ': Week 1 should be approx Rs 20 cr + nett, which means UTV should have a share of Rs 10.5 cr to Rs 11 cr from India alone. V good!

'NOKJ': Its a multiplex film & has performed best at plexes. 75% of total revenue is generated from plexes these days [on a film like this].

'NOKJ': Major revenue has come from multiplexes of urban centres - Delhi [despite cold wave], Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore specifically.
-Mink- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Taran Adarsh
'No One Killed Jessica': Fri to Sun Rs 13.40 cr, Mon Rs 2.10 cr, Tue Rs 1.9 cr. Total: Rs 17.40 cr nett. Super-strong on weekdays!
chatpati900 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Just watched the movie today. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a BAD movie. But I couldn't help feeling the movie could be better. Vidya and Rani acted very well, the music was awesome and the subject of the movie was gripping. But I feel the screenplay was the problem. What could have been a taut script ended up dragging, especially in the second half. There were times when I was just waiting for the next thing to happen. I feel like more attention should have been paid to Meera's character and what her character went through.

I'd recommend this movie simply for the superlative performances.
Mehak_Luvs_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: DisneyDudette

Taran Adarsh
'No One Killed Jessica': Fri to Sun Rs 13.40 cr, Mon Rs 2.10 cr, Tue Rs 1.9 cr. Total: Rs 17.40 cr nett. Super-strong on weekdays!

OH EM GEE.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYY😳
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Business Talk With Taran Adarsh  
The jinx lies shattered!

January 12, 2011 - 08:03 IST

The jinx is broken. For some inexplicable reason, the first release of every year hasn't worked at the box-office. It's strange, but even film-makers were wary of releasing their films in the first week. Film people - most of them - are a superstitious lot and the last thing they would ever want is a 'wrong' release date. But the weekend numbers of NO ONE KILLED JESSICA, the first release of 2011, should change the mindset.

Besides the jinx factor, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA had two more factors going against it - the cold wave, especially in North India and the general perception that women-centric/heroine-oriented films don't work at the box-office. Also, a tiny section of the industry feels that English titles have their limitations. Besides, another section of the industry feels that films inspired by real-life episodes/biopics are a strict no-no since they lack entertainment value. How weird can people get? Hopefully, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA should silence these naysayers, who refuse to change with the changing times.

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA gathered momentum with each passing day and is maintaing well on weekdays at plexes of metros.

'N.O.K.J.' ECONOMICS

Now let's look at the economics of NO ONE KILLED JESSICA. The cost of production is approx. Rs. 9 cr, while UTV spent an additional Rs. 5 cr on P & A, which means the final cost of the film works out to approx. Rs. 14 cr. Fortunately for UTV, they have recovered the entire investment from the sale of Satellite and Music Rights of the film, besides selling Mumbai and Delhi-U.P. territories for a handsome price. The revenue generated from India theatrical + Overseas + Home Video should only add to the profits for UTV.

Now let's dissect the business of NO ONE KILLED JESSICA. The major revenue of the film has come in from multiplexes, especially from urban centres. Centres like Delhi [despite the cold wave], Mumbai, Pune, Kolkata, Bangalore specifically have performed the best and have contributed a large chunk of the revenue. Sure, NO ONE KILLED JESSICA is a multiplex film and has therefore performed the best at plexes, but let's not forget that 75% of the total revenue is generated from plexes these days [on a film like this]. I expect the Week 1 to end at approx. Rs. 20 cr + nett, which means UTV should have a share of approx. Rs. 10.5 cr to Rs. 11 cr at the end of Week 1 from India alone. Good, good!

sakura_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: chatpati900

Just watched the movie today. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a BAD movie. But I couldn't help feeling the movie could be better. Vidya and Rani acted very well, the music was awesome and the subject of the movie was gripping. But I feel the screenplay was the problem. What could have been a taut script ended up dragging, especially in the second half. There were times when I was just waiting for the next thing to happen. I feel like more attention should have been paid to Meera's character and what her character went through.

I'd recommend this movie simply for the superlative performances.

Yeah even I felt the movie could've been a lot lot more better and more hard hitting. I was a bit disappointed. That said, it aint a bad movie but not mind blowing either as I had expected or hoped it would be. It lacked that PUNCH!!

I loved some parts but some scenes made you cringe-- For instance, the defendant's mom saying meri monu ko blah blah was ridiculous. Sabrina's mom acting was a bit OTT.

P.S. Love ur AVI. McFayden was hot as Mr. Darcy but it's Colin Firth for me ;)
Edited by sakura_ - 13 years ago