Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA - REVIEWS (Page 38)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged

MY REVIEW (NO ONE KILLED JESSICA)

LOVED IT SIMPLY LOVED IT. I am in love with Raj kumar Gupta. First of all I am a really really big fan of his movie Aamir and I loved NOKJ also. I think the best thing about his movie Aamir was its unpredictability, its twists and turns, when Rajeev khandelwal's character goes into the most interesting areas of Mumbai.. after coming from overseas.. and the way his character goes from one place to another.. its just so raw and unpredictable. Unpredictability is a thing which cannot exist in the case of NOKJ, as everyone knows what happened in the case and what was the outcome, but the tale yet again told by gupta is gripping.. yet very simplistic.. and wonderfully supported by the awesome background score. I am actually shocked by some of the reviewers calling this movie overdramatic or melodramatic.. all I can say is where?? Where is the drama??.. this is a tale told with sensitivity and caution and there is very little drama compared to a lot of Hindi movies.. its told acc to me in a subtle and straight forward way.. without any strings attached.

Spoilers

I loved the opening credits of the movie also.. just like Raja sen.. The graphics, Delhi's backdrop, Rani M's husky voice narrating the beginning of the story. I loved the way they showed the timeline of major events happening around the case' Kargil war, plane hijacking'. Meera's (played by rani M).. character starts in Kargil where she is covering the war and when she comes back from there.. that is the first time she hears about Jessica's case.. and thinks that its an open and shut case.. as there are 300 eye witnesses and the accused will be easily nabbed.. therefore, she shows little interest in covering this story. Story starts on Sabrina's front with her getting a phone call.. saying Jessica is hurt..and its ironic that she says.. Jessica keeps getting hurt just take her to the doc.. and when the voice on the phone says.. she is shot.. then Sabrina rushes to the hospital.. and they show the flashback of Jessica getting shot.. And then basically Sabrina's struggle starts from there on.. the basic point of struggle is the witnesses which are just not willing to testify.. out of 300 people in the party' only seven claim to have seen something.. the rest say that they left the party at 12 o clock' Then basically the cat and mouse game starts between Sabrina and the witnesses.. with them getting influenced one after another from Manish's family.. and Sabrina trying to convince them to tell the truth in the court' In court.. I thought that scene was amazing.. when the lawyer defending manish asks the witness.. if she remembers what manish wore that night.. and she recalls it correctly..then to confuse her.. he asks her do you remember what you wore that night.. and she is silent for a while.. and the lawyer.. kinda has a cynical laugh.. but then she recalls what she was wearing.. and then in a pissed off way she  says she is also willing to recall what undergarments she was wearing too.. if he wants to know.. The prime witness and many other witnesses.. back out from their statements and the case is dismissed and manish gets away scott free'

End of spoilers..

The first half of the movie had great impact.. and Vidya acted wonderfully in it' I thought it was shown in a sensitive and mature way.. and a very realistic way also.. there wasn't much melodrama contrary to the claims of many reviewers.. Vidya basically carried the first half on her shoulders.. she conveyed beautifully through her eyes.. and was very subtle, mature and convincing.. There was no mirch masala in the movie.. in the first half.. I thought Gupta showed everything in a very non-bollywoodish way.. it was very straight forward yet gripping..

SPOILERS

Second half is basically about Rani reading the headline in Times of India.. saying "no one killed Jessica"' She then jumps on to her boss's car.. and demands him to let her cover this story.. Then they do a sting operation.. on one of the witnesses.. and then things start falling into place.. she gets a tape of manish's confession.. then she gets mass interest of people in this story.. to get the supreme court to hear the case'

End of spoilers

Loved the second half also' it was all about action.. Rani was the man.. she totally nailed the character..and was spot on.. without going overboard.. I thought she didn't have that much to work with in the character.. but she did not look lost anywhere' she was fresh.. enthused.. I loved her character.. the swearing seemed pretty normal to me.. I mean if you work in such a stressful environment you are bound to have frustration.. and people take it out by swearing.. and I thought it was nothing much'...everyone loves a hero..in a story.. and a movie is always incomplete without a hero..and she was the man.. but still I thought it was shown in a realistic way..with the right amount of punch.

Overall the movie is very real and mature.. its not like a typical heavy duty political movie like raajneeti.. nor is it a charming movie lead by an inspirational story teller like aamir or any of the khans.. it's a simple story.. heard and known by everyone told in an equally simple.. way!!.. strongly supported by very straight forward direction by gupta.. and mesmerising background score.. with awesome acting.. It is nothing extraordinary.. yet I found it endearing.  

3.5/5

Edited by ladygaga - 09 January 2011 at 2:30am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143melancholicOzymandiassheeefriends_rockDexterkichokriU-No-Poo.shona.TheBlackJaguarMehak_Luvs_Rani

BheegiBasanti IF-Sizzlerz
BheegiBasanti
BheegiBasanti

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Got to say...I am loving reading your guy's views far more than the so-called critics!
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 2:44am | IP Logged
oh and I forgot to add and it did fulfill it's intended purpose - inspiring the audience. I had gone to watch the film with my parents and both of them agreed that one should never hesitate to do the right thing. you never know, it might just bring about a revolution (=

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anna143Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Mehak_Luvs_Rani IF-Stunnerz
Mehak_Luvs_Rani
Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:11am | IP Logged
Fab reviews!!!!!!!
U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 4:30am | IP Logged
what is the BO report like?
bolly007 Goldie

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

clarsBeyond_the_Veil

Neetu_PB_lover IF-Dazzler

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

glitterssheee.shona.Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Mehak_Luvs_Rani IF-Stunnerz
Mehak_Luvs_Rani
Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

what is the BO report like?

On Friday it was pretty decent with morning shows being around 40-45% but this was also because its freezing weather in some areas! LOL
But the movie picked up alot in the afternoon and evening/night shows.
And it is definately expected to pick up more from Saturday's.

^This is Friday's reportTongue

And anyways,the film has already recovered its costs from satellite rights,whatever it is going to make will be just profits-so its not a flop at any costBig smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersclarssheeeTerenainawida

Go to top