Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA - REVIEWS (Page 37)

Mehak_Luvs_Rani IF-Stunnerz
Mehak_Luvs_Rani
Mehak_Luvs_Rani

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 3:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CZ..

@mehak - I loved the climax, I really did. and yes, in retrospect, the 'walk' does add to the intensity of the film but it seemed a tad bit 'heroic'. It didn't particularly bother me but I would have been happier had it not been there =)

Okay,I respect that.Wink

For me,the movie rocked bombastingly in the second half! It was freakingly amazing!

KaJen.xoxo IF-Sizzlerz
KaJen.xoxo
KaJen.xoxo

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Just got a chance to catch up with Indian movies and got lucky i got to see NOKJ since we barely get movies here hehe. This has to be brilliant movie done by makers. you can see the effort put by whole crew in each scene. must been very tough for jessica's family to go through something beyond someone's imagination. but proud the fact Jessica the girl must be very brave and tough. Boy the performances done by each actor here is insane. Myra played by Jessica was amazing i would love to see her doing more movies in future she was really good. Vidya for once this is one movie where i really loved her performance her last scene was breathetaking. Rani boy she's back with bang i loved each of her scenes. true powerful performance she beat all the odds no wonder she was perfect as Meera. I truly admire her after this movie. even that creepy guy who shot jessica in the movie was very good he scared me when he was confessing LOL. overall great movie a must watch definately an eye opener for everyone. Best scene was candle light 'Justice for Jessica', that was true indian doing good by fighting for someone and winning over power. and may Jessica's soul rest in peace she will be missed dearly to her family and everyone:)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygagaanna143.shona.swan20sheeeMehak_Luvs_Rani

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
No One Killed Jessica Starts Slowly

Saturday 8th January 2011 09.00 IST

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

No One Killed Jessica started slowly at around 30-35% on first day. The film did improve collections in evening shows but jump was not huge. The film's fate will depend on how will it will do Saturday and Sunday. The reports are decent so it could have good weekend.

The other releases this week Impatient Vivek and Vikalp were very dull with little or no collections. Both films have no chance at the box office.

Tees Maar Khan dropped heavily in week two with around 10.50 crore nett business. The film has a two week total of 59.50 crore nett. The drop in week two was nearly 80%. SEMI HIT

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glitters

sinamika IF-Achieverz
sinamika
sinamika

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Saw the film It was a very good one Rani was awesome but Vidya steals the limelight she was the highlight for me  rani was too good too liked that she finally did something which shows her talent
the language espt he use of Eff word in every sentece was ummm really disturbing and that's my only complaint it wasa  bbit too much and made it really disturbing to watch with parents  as she was using it twice almost in every sentence 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

melancholicladygaga

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
ahhhhhhhhhhh i saw the movie! :)
Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged
*Possible Spoilers*
DO NOT READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FILM!

I came out of the theater completely touched and in tears. This film wasn't even about how well Rani did or how well Vidya did. It was about humanity. I would recommend everyone who cares for humanity and justice to watch this movie at least once if not more.

Characters:

Jessica - My first impression of Myra (I think that's the actress's name) wasn't a positive one. The way she came off at the premiere was a bit rude and bitchy. But this girl proved me wrong. I think she really resembled the real Jessica. She played her role so well that I wish she had a greater time on the screen. She was a lovely girl who shared a fantastic relationship with her sister. She portrayed her character extremely well.

Sabrina - Hats off to Vidya. She played her role very well. She was that simple ordinary next door girl. She is like the perfect sister to Jessica. Very sweet and loves her family. I think no one could have played the role as well as Vidya did. She was brilliant throughout the film.

Meera - My queen is back! Rani was BRILLIANT. I just loved when she came in the 2nd half and helped fight for justice. That was a really touching part in the film. She brought hopes alive for Sabrina. Her fight for justice really well portrayed. I loved how she did everything and anything in her hands to help the Lal family get justice and punish the murderer.

The rest of the cast - I think everyone did their role brilliantly!

Overall Reaction:
I think this movie somewhat brought about a STRONG and POWERFUL message. I loved how the media helped to get justice. It really frustrated me and disgusted me when the witnesses lied and didn't tell the truth. DISGUSTING. Thumbs Down Especially the close friends of Jessica? How could you let a murderer get away with committing such a sin? That really disgusted me. Poor Sabrina tried all she could to get justice for her sister, but she couldn't do it. That's where the media stepped in and helped. If it weren't for the help of the media, justice would have been denied. And I can't bear to see a murderer lose and free from his crime. It's disgusting how money can make people lie and play with someone's life. I'd rather take a bullet than have justice denied especially for a friend. And I'm not just saying that, I mean it. This movie brought across some good points!

I felt Rani had less screen time and it was more about Vidya's character. But at the same time Rani emerged as the 'Hero' of this film. She took on a part that male actors usually do in Bollywood movies. Vidya's character demanded more in the script because it was the fight for her sister's justice. But I think Rani turned out to be the real 'hero' of the film. She really helped and put in all she had to fight for justice, and at the end succeeded.

What made this movie a treat to see was not because of Rani or even Vidya for that matter. It was the fact that is was based on a true story and this incident really happened. I really hope that through this movie it opens up people's eyes and teaches them that just for money and bribery you shouldn't deny justice. I think it was stupid in the first place to shoot someone merely because they didn't give you a drink. Really upsetting the way it all happened.

Before this movie I wasn't really aware of the Jessica Lal murder case. After seeing this movie I was disgusted by the people in our world. I'm glad the murderer is serving lifetime imprisonment.

Rani & Vidya both were very very amazing in this film. I hope that people can recognize all the efforts that both these actresses (and the rest of the crew for that matter) have put into this film. Even though the movie became quite predictable it was def a worthwhile movie to see. I hope that this movie wins deserving awards. It gave across a meaningful message and I hope the audience is able to look deep inside the film. Its not about Rani or Vidya. Its about the fight for justice.

Its sad to see that things like this happen in our world. Its disheartening to learn that people like this exist in our world. And when justice has been denied, that is even worse.

I really hope that everyone takes out the time to watch it once. It deserves a round of applause!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

glittersladygaga.shona.Mehak_Luvs_Rani

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 08 January 2011 at 11:54pm | IP Logged
Jessica Lall's murder case has always really intrigued me. Everybody knew Manu Sharma did it, yet he walked scot free for 7 years. Thumbs Down

Since I've heard about the movie, I've been very interested and the promos have made it one of my most awaited movies of the year. Sadly, I guess my expectations were too high because I was kinda disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good movie in comparison to other crap that comes out of BW but it just didn't live upto my expectations.

The opening credits are amazing! There are a few scenes that left a lump in my throat! But the editing could have been better..the movie could have been shorter and thus would have been more impactful.

Songs are AWESOME! Highlight of the movie actually atleast for me! Wished Dilli played more! LOL

Rani and Vidya have done a very good job in the movie. The actor who played the inspector was wonderful! Myra as Jessica is also very good..she's very vivacious and perfect as Jessica!

All in all, the movie has a message that deserves to be told and heard and I really do hope it works at the BO!

ladygaga

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 09 January 2011 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Watched it. I didn't like it. Was a time pass film that's all. The film doesn't hold your interest, I really wanted the film to finish fast because I was getting sleepy...that's not a good sign.

Performance: Vidya was okay. There was something lacking from her performance. She def didn't do full justice to her role. But there is like one or two scenes that is she impressive at, but she is not consistent.  Rani was good but nothing award worthy. She is consistent throughout the film and performed better than Vidya IMO.

Music is okay nothing great and nothing bad either.

I will give it 4/10. Very disappointed. :(

perfectlyflawed

Go to top