Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

NO ONE KILLED JESSICA - REVIEWS (Page 23)

TallyHo IF-Rockerz
TallyHo
TallyHo

Posted: 06 January 2011 at 9:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by eraser

Can anyone tell me if I can watch the movie with my parents? They always complain about me never going to the movies with them (they always watch crappy bwood movies) so I thought NOKJ would be worth watching at the theatres. My parents are pretty open minded but I don't think I can watch sex scenes with them. 

Tallyho, you seem to have watched the movie, can you let me know if possible? Thanks Smile
No uncomfortable scenes.... except maybe one....which ends quickly...so no issues...watch it with the parents Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen.shona.eraserMehak_Luvs_Ranipetticoat

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:07am | IP Logged
I want to watch this film now!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lighthearted IF-Rockerz
Lighthearted
Lighthearted

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:19am | IP Logged
good film

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehak_Luvs_Rani

theprince IF-Rockerz
theprince
theprince

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:24am | IP Logged
No One Killed Jessica Opens Below The Mark

Boxofficeindia.Com Trade Network

No Killed Jessica opened to pretty poor collections of around 30% this morning. The up market multiplexes chains like PVR and Inox were better with around 40-45% collectons but most multiplexes were in 25-30% range. Single screens were even lower.

The afternoon shows showed a 10% improvement from morning shows and the film may improve further as the day progresses.

The film had good music but its very rare that heroine orientated subjects open well.  The film will have to rely on word on of mouth. No One Killed Jessica was carrying very good pre-release reports and now it remains to see how the paying public takes to the film.

Edited by theprince - 07 January 2011 at 3:26am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:37am | IP Logged
Movie Review: No One Killed Jessica 
 (Social)
Anupama Chopra, Consulting Editor, Films, NDTV
Friday, January 07, 2011
Share this on Rediff.com SocialTwist Tell-a-FriendPrint A+   A-
Movie Review: No One Killed Jessica
Cast: Rani Mukherjee, Vidya Balan, Myra Karn
Music: Amit Trivedi
Director: Rajkumar Gupta
Producer: Ronnie Screwvala

Pics:Stars at No One Killed Jessica Premiere

No One Killed Jessica is a dramatisation of the Jessica Lall murder in 1999 and the tumultuous events that followed including the botched up court case, the verdict, which allowed prime accused Manu Sharma to walk free and the ensuing public outcry, which eventually forced a retrial and a sentence of life imprisonment.

The Jessica Lall murder was a watershed event and Gupta uses this rich material to create a film that is in places, powerful and moving. But it's also loud, simplistic and somewhat schizophrenic in tone. It's almost as though the director couldn't decide on the right pitch and decided to marry understated realism with bombastic drama.

The first is personified by Vidya Balan, who plays Sabrina, Jessica's beleaguered sister who fights in vain, against the might of Manu Sharma, a powerful politician's son. Unlike her glamorous, party-girl sister, Sabrina is painfully plain and sober. Wearing drab clothes and spectacles, Vidya is a portrait of anguish and strength. 

The other stand-out actor is Rajesh Sharma, who plays the cop on Jessica's case. In one brutal scene, he tells Sabrina about the bribe he has taken. When she looks shocked, he simply says: Sab koi khata hai, kaun si duniya mein reheti hain aap?

With a relentlessly moving camera, Gupta ably captures the layers of power and how ruthlessly and swiftly the powerless are silenced. Unfortunately however, he is unable to bring the same nuanced focus to the media, who played a pivotal role in resurrecting the Jessica Lall case.

For me, the fatal, false note in No One Killed Jessica is Meera, the fictionalised tough-talking reporter played by Rani Mukherjee. Meera is a strong, independent woman who, at least in this version, single-handedly prods the establishment into reviewing the case. So she smokes, swears and has sex.

The character is written superficially and Rani's portrayal of her is equally banal. It's all about externals. She argues a lot and proudly labels herself a bitch but her hair stays perfectly in place and in the end, she even gets to do a super-hero-like slow motion walk.

Gupta begins No One Killed Jessica with the disclaimer that it is a hybrid of fact and fiction but in places the fictions rankle. 

The film shows that NDTV conducted critical sting operations, including one on an actor who became a hostile witness in court. This was actually done by the newsmagazine Tehelka. This uneasy mix of truth and creative license; subtle notes and heavy-handedness make for an uneven film that in places seems stretched unnecessarily.

That said, No One Killed Jessica is several notches ahead of the tripe we've been subjected to in theatres lately. 

I'm going with three stars.

I don't like what she said about Rani Confused I guess I'll have to find out for myself when I watch the film.

Edited by CZ.. - 07 January 2011 at 3:37am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

NuktaacheenxTimaxclars-Mmmmm-Mehak_Luvs_Raniruky786

clars IF-Rockerz
clars
clars

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged
ok i saw the Movie and i give its thumbs up Thumbs Upfirst of all i was not very well versed with the case so the movie took me through the entire case and i feel really bad for what sabrina had to go through that girl lost her sister and later on her mother and she had to fight really hard to see her sister being given justice i really salute her spirit for being so resilient .

the second hald could have been edited a bit but the overall impact was 2 good .

as for the performances i cant pick one although i am a biased rani fan i will say that vidya stole the show ,she portrayed sabrina so brilliantly that in many scenes she brings tear to your eyes a standing ovation esp in these 2 scenes 1] where she asks vikram how jessica was short and 2] at the end when meera tells her she won ,vidya is definately getting an award[best actress]  for this movie

2]Rani was brilliant as well ,her role is a bit short though and it only shines thrgh in the second half ,but she is the catalyst who kinda gets this whole case reopened ,i loved her in those scenes with her boss and their realtionship is so damn funny where both actually give gaalis to each other ,she even shines thrgh in that sting opearation,Rani is definately back with a Bang .

3] the model who played jessica was 2 good ,luked really beautiful and acted well watch iher in that scene where she beats those 2 goons for eve teasing .

among the others that police cop played his part so well and so did manu sharma and his gang of buddies ,even Rani's juinior was brilliant

btw that guy who rani makes out in the film i think he was Karan mehra [tv actor]

all in all a movie that actually shows how corrution is so rampant and that if the people all raise their voices justice will be given .ill say watch this movie

oh and lastly although there was no hero i dunno if many will agree but Rani's boss was certainly a looker and acted really well

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

xTimaxeraserswan20Mehak_Luvs_Raniruky786

ruky786 IF-Stunnerz
ruky786
ruky786

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged
really wow!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to watch it great review
Salma2 IF-Dazzler
Salma2
Salma2

Posted: 07 January 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
I feel sad with that BOX OFFICE NUMBERS. How come good movies which have superb performances doesn't work while dumb comedies work. Not good for bollywood.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mehak_Luvs_Raniruky786

Go to top