Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

theprince thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
No One Killed Jessica First Day Business

No Killed Jessica managed to have an okay first day thanks to better collections in the evening. The all India first day collections were around 3 crore nett. A good jump on Saturday then the film can have a good weekend. The approx territory figures were as below.

Mumbai- 1.15 crore

Delhi/UP - 70 lakhs

East Punjab - 32 lakhs

West Bengal - 15 lakhs

CP Berar - 10 lakhs

CI - 8 lakhs

Rajasthan - 10 lakhs

Nizam - 14 lakhs

Mysore - 17 lakhs

Others - 10 lakhs

TOTAL - 3.01 crore

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
the critics like it the and users don't? now that's a first ðŸ˜†

aah I can't wait for 9:30 pm.
Mehak_Luvs_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
My review coming up soon!😃
Edited by Mehak_Luvs_Rani - 13 years ago
More twitter views :clap:

VineethaVR

Watched "No One Killed Jessica"..Heart-tugging, crisp & simple. No elaborate drama to act as spoilers. Nice one !

#    HimaankTripathi

After watching No One Killed Jessica...Anees Bazmee and Anil Kapoor should commit suicide. No problem was pathetic. Glad didn't watch it 8 minutes ago via web Retweeted by you

# aronraju

No one killed Jessica portraits reality....media shows its power!!

# iamHarshada

No one killed Jessica....Hattsoff...must watch..!

sujoy_g

if you haven't.. please see NO ONE KILLED JESSICA

imDhawal

4get #IPLAuction go and watch No One Killed Jessica...a must watch Movie..Thumbs Up.

saurabh16april

NO One Killed Jessica - Nice Efforts :)

08yash08

"No one killed Jessica"...a must watch movie!!!

rbradoo

@DanielRego considering ur record of watching shit bollywood. watch no one killed jessica, class epic movie this. respect.

hiteshkgupta

No One Killed Jessica is a FAB movie.

BHUPESH2

"no one killed jessica" true face of indian judiction......

giduthegreat

guys go and watch no one killed jessica its a must watch and it teriffic rani looks awsome its a great thriller go and watch.

ganeshjaju

Saw no one killed jessica...very well made...awesome direction n acting...don't miss it!

NitishaD

thought No one killed Jessica was amazing

K_pant

No one Killed Jessica. Strong story and powerful acting. Four stars.

ehussain

Just came back from 'No one killed Jessica' show.. Its long time I went to theater, almost 4 months! But, not a bad experience.. :)

ruts_147

No one killed Jessica... Must watch ! Very nice efforts by both the actresses .. Wid superb dialogues !!
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I seriously cant wait to watch this film
^When are you watching? :P

Credit:Caroline (Yea,for the dramatic effect  )

NOKJ was one of my most awaited movies,for 2 reasons.First being the obvious one that I am a die hard Rani fan and the other being that the promo's of the movie were freakingly amazing(to say the least..).Given the subject & intensity of the movie,I obviously had high expectations! So,were they met?

A big YES ! 😃

*****MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*******

It may not be a pathbreaking film but it suceeds in doing what its ought to do-shake your conscience! The movie starts off with Rani's voiceover depicting of what she thinks about Dilli(..Nobody is a nobody in Delhi,everybody is somebody!) And then cut to Sabrina Lall,who wakes up in the middle of the night to a phone call telling that her sister Jessica has been shot!
What follows up is Sabrina's journey to seek justice for her sister! (I would especially like to mention about her meetings with the witnesses,very interesting inded) and then how even after promising,each and every witness turns hostile and hence Justice is denied.
Now enters Meera Gaity,the fiesty & firecracker of a journalist who shot to fame with 2 big stories & had overlooked the Jessica Murder Case claiming it as an "open and shut case" since she believed with so many witnesses around,the criminal is bound to be f**ked up(her words,not mine ðŸ˜› ) But she is taken aback when she realises that Justice has been denied in the case & she feels so strongly for the case that she takes it up and through the medium of media,exposes the hostile witnesses and criminals in front of everyone! In the end,what happens-we all know :D

*****SPOILERS END******

As I said its not a pathbreaking movie or a classic but its for sure(IMO) an OUTSTANDING movie or in Meera's words "Fking explosive" ðŸ˜³ Its a sensitive issue,no doubt but the way Rajkumar Gupta has handled it is commendable! Even though you know what is going to happen next and you can predict every second of it,there is still something which keeps you hooked onto your seats and intrigue you at every step! The impact of the movie is as such that you feel as if the whole thing is happening in front of you-LIVE! The film has a message and it puts it forth clearly & wonderfully ðŸ˜ƒ The courtroom scenes are especially fantastic & bits and pieces of humour would crop up when you least expect them :lol: That's why it keeps you hooked throughout! I found the 1t half a little slow but it picked up really well in the second half.Even though I wish the end was a little more impactful,its still a VERY VERY well made film! The screenplay is brilliant as well.

Another MAJOR highlight of the movie is Amit Trivedi's music which is just AWESOME! "Dilli" being the first and best one! (Oh and did I mention how freaking awesome were the opening credits? ðŸ˜³ ) Dua(Absolutely beautiful song) was so BEAUTIFULLY picturised and the whole scene was Amazing! Aitbaar & Yeh Pal are nice as well.Only I wished full Aali Re was there and not just 2-3 lines in the background  That was a downer.

And now coming to the performances...

The whole of supporting cast was truly amazing! Neil,who played the prime witness was very natural.The police inspector was amazing.The guy who played Maneesh(the murderer) was the perfect choice for the role-he totally looked like a spoilt brat of a politican's son.Gaurav,who played Rani's boss acted really well and is really good looking :P I liked him in the car scene with him and Rani.Myra,as Jessica was such a pleasant surprise-she was REALLY good and she's pretty 😳
Others were amazing as well.

Vidya as Sabrina was really very good.There are moments when she'll make you cry or feel for her.She totally got under the skin of her character.You can totally sympathise with her.But there were some moments when I felt that she's being a little dull and repetitive.And it was a complete downer that the scene on terrace when she is screaming was muted out  But nonetheless she was really very good as Sabrina and I guess she added on her own elements into the character,which ofcourse was good! I especially liked her in the scene at hospital when she rushes there after finding about Jessica! A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.

****SPOILER*******
But one thing which bugged me,why the heck was she wearing glasses while taking a shower? 😆
*****END OF SPOILER****

[b]...and now to the Queen Bee,Rani Mukerji! Holyness,she was a total firebrand in the movie! Totally explosive and dynamic.Even though she had less screen space compared to the two,she completely stole the show for me! She rocked and how.She was the PERFECT choice for the role of a bold,fiesty and a firecracker of a journalist.She totally lit up the screen every time she appeared.And the plane scene is just EPIC,everyone in the theatre was cracking up :rotfl: She had some of the best dialogues in the movie and her character was truly entertaining!Her fun-loving,totally extrovert and very "in yo face" kind of attitude was TERRIFIC.The scene where she does a headstand and goes on-air in 90 seconds is AMAZING especially with the "dhoom dhoom dhadaaka re" playing in the background.And she is at so much ease while mouthing the abuses! ðŸ¤£ Completely flawless & well you can't expect anything less from a powerhouse like her 😃

But I really wish there were more scenes of Rani-Vidya together! Two extremely talented and powerhouse performers-its a rare thing!

All in all,The movie is what you call,a powerhouse movie! It truly shows the true face of our judicial system! And as an Indian(and a Delhi'ite),I am really proud of this movie(and really really happy that justice was served).This may sound really cliched but I really wish I was a part of this struggle  The movie shakes up your conscience and makes you think.
And the realisation that what you are seeing on-screen is something that happened in reality is just too terrifying!
Absolutely,a must-watch! 😃

U-No-Poo thumbnail
watched it, will give review in a while. 
OMG Neetz!
I am really excited for your review 😆
How much time are you gonna take? I don't wanna sleep before reading your review! LOL
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mehak_Luvs_Rani

OMG Neetz!
I am really excited for your review 😆
How much time are you gonna take? I don't wanna sleep before reading your review! LOL

another 10 mins? lol okay, I won't make you torture your eyelids for too long ðŸ˜†