"Anjali's sensuality lies in the way she

*~Sapna~* IF-Rockerz
*~Sapna~*
*~Sapna~*

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
"Anjali's sensuality lies in the way she carries herself!"
- Kareena Kapoor

By IndiaFM News Bureau, February 14th, 2005 - 0930 hrs IST

If glamour had a synonym, it would have to be Kareena Kapoor. Seated at Tian is a salwar suited Kareena who dazzles brighter than most flashbulbs gathered there. The actress who had a marathon run with 6 releases in 2004 will kickstart the year with the Dharmesh Darshan biggie, Bewafaa.

In an interview with IndiaFM, the talented Kapoor talks about her role Anjali, where she has dumped shiny singlets for some chiffon saris, is a mother to two and is caught on the crossroads between her duties and forbidden love…

6 releases, 2 hits and some promising projects lined up. How do you like it so far?
It's been great! The entire experience has been extremely fulfilling. I feel glad that I am able to please my fans. At the end of it, that is what we are here to do, isn't it?

Kareena Kapoor reversed the hit to popularity ratio. How does it feel that inspite of no blockbusters you have the best banners backing you?
It just hammers my belief that true talent never ever fades out. Be it Refugee, K3G, Asoka or Chameli I have been as diverse you can possibly get. And I am lucky that my fans have stuck by me through thick and thin.

Bewafaa is being billed as you big ticket. Do such expectations bog you or build you for the best?
Expectations definitely scare you. And with me it's been more so. People have been like 'Okay, now lets see what she can do next…' To a point its fine, as it eggs you to give better. But when you have to constantly live up to it, it begins to tire you.

Your character Anjali is caught in a struggle of what she 'must' do and what she 'wants' to do. How was it to portray that complexity?
I love portraying complex characters. Simple roles are easy to shed but it's the complex ones that stay with me. I take it upon as a challenge and look forward to portraying it as convincingly as possible.

What is the choice you would have made in real life?
I am more of the good girl. So I would have played by the rules and done what is expected of me.

You are an impulsive person. Don't tell me that you wouldn't have heeded your heart's cry…
Well yes, I am quite impulsive. I believe my heart always thinks right. So there…I would be listening to my heart yet doing the right thing!

Dharmesh's actresses are dressed with drama & glamour. Do you identify with his onscreen women or realistic characters like Chameli, Mira in Yuva & Aliya in Dev is more like you?
I want to play every woman possible! All kinds of roles are welcome.

Your bare back scene has created a lot of hot current. What kind of sensuality does Anjali have?
Anjali's sensuality lies in her thoughts, the way she carries herself. Her smile, her laugh, her tears, there is an element of sensuality running all along.

What explains the chemistry between you and Akshay?
I think it has to do with the fact that I have known him for donkey's years. So there is a comfort level and trust between the two of us. Besides, he is an extremely nice human being. I like that about him.

Which is your pick among the music?
'Mera dil jis dil pe fida hain…' is picturized on Akshay & me. That is my personal favorite.

Your best performance of 2004 has to be…
Undoubtedly Yuva!

What has got Kareena where she is today: ambition, talent or hunger for great cinema?
Hmm…Belief in myself has got me this far.

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 14 February 2005 at 6:22pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing!!
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top