Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SaffyFlower thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Ok - am posting my review on major perfs until now,in this thread.Feels so good to know its mah thread,I can write all crap here😆

1)Perf last week

Hey guys,I have not written on this forum @all,but I was v taken aback by some of the criticism here.
First of all,this show is neither about professional dancers(not even sushant is a pro) nor about professional choreographers

But the focus of the choreo is to combine nritta as well as natya forms - whichever genre it be.So,the  concepts appreciated are the dance drama forms 

This is where Nishant-Anki r failing - Nishant is leveraging Anki's grace and beauty,but not using her for dramatics.She is a prof actress.Sushant and Rags scored 30 primarily bcoz they used their prof acting to the best use last week.

If 5 marks is for choreo,and 5 for the celebrity's aptitude and improvement in skill - then,mads,mal giving 9 to anki was correct - she gets the 5 ,nish the 4 - I cant believe nish put in a puppet show for 1 min - I mean,dance requisites organized movement and flow,stage coverage and expressions -puppet show was 👎🏼 Remo must have given nish 4 as well.Remo cut 1 more pt coz -
Anki shud have done a full back bend in one of the stepsbut she did a half back bend -either she cud'nt do a full one😲or nish dint put it in😡 - for a fairly gud dancer,full back bend,splits etc.r expected normally - Remo noticed it,am sure.She did not come up v well either from the 1/2 bb🤢
Her 26 seemed correct

Coming to Sushant-Shampa - the concept is not new,coz shobhana,PS,CV,M,Anu etc.have done Karan's story quite often - but it was well executed by SS for 21/2 min even without a prev classical bent of mind,the narrative was strong -biggest plus-
Sushant's expressions were fab,the dramaticism was v pro.Surprisingly,his thighs in V pose was superb ! Usually non-classical dancers tend to unconsciously move on their toes,to get the full V -he remained on his heels.Means,his CoG was on his navel,perfect😳His Mudras were bang on,I was so happy
He had the ghambir gait,his chest was open correctly,shoulder shakes were masculine,his lines were good,his elbows bent correctly and high enuf. He made 2 mistakes,IMHO😳his backfoot lift was not correct,but Shampa's was perfect.Also,he did only half sit-ups,not full sit-ups,while SHampa did the full ones  - but that one is tough for a guy of his size,also it was a fwd moving sit up,requires regular practice to come up with balanced grace when moving fwd - so,I am sure Madz must have noticed it,but as he is not a pro classical dancer,she gave him 10 still - well deserved.

My standing ovation to Shampa the most though - as a woman,she did the masculine role near perfect👏👏I mean,so much appreciation for Krushna doing a female role,but so lil appreciation for SHampa doing the masculine,felt bad for her😕

Anyway her leg lifts,V pose,Mudras,the walking was terrific,Indra sly expressions v good. Also,her sword fight was👍🏼Despite being a foot lower than him,her shoulders were firm and her arm strength superb👏Her expressions lacked variety and charm,unfortunately.Also her leap was not good during the sword fight,while Sushi's leap was v good.But as he did a frontal leap,it was easier on him while she was doing a reverse leap,more tuf.The steps in the choreo were v professional,a good round of applause for Tushar too👏
Overall,their's was the best art form representation

Salman-Yana,in my honest opinion,did not deserve the 30.
@Bonne - Kalaripattu is a part of the Natyashastra forms dear,PS incorporates it.We used to start our classes doing suryanamaskar with Kalari😳
Yana's sword fight was🤢And her eyes were masked😕how stupid,they shud have deducted a pt for that - she gave no expressions except in the last scene,and that sexy breath intake
Salman's choreo was clever,he knows wat impresses Remo.He gave gud stage coverage,variety of moves and the song suited the theme.But the act lacked flow,organized dance movement and expressive dramaticism 👎🏼30,no,no😡Kalari also requires low crouching movements with leg aligned to spine and arching back flexes,Yana was poor in both🥱If u watch Asoka movie,SRK learnt Kalari specifically for it,he fought like a pro in it.Also in Dil Se

Found Rags-Nirav the best dance performance 👍🏼 - entertaining,expressive,dramatic as well.It being a freestyle dapankuthu,gave Rags flexibility and, her expressions and energy levels were terrific⭐️The choreo was not very great,the original song had better steps but cant match the southie prof choreos on tv for sure.Perfect 30 for a tv show,sure👏

Am sorry if this was too analytical,but the leverage some contestants deserve and some don't shud be according to the theme,genre and their current skill.The choreo needs to evaluate their celeb for all the 3.Shampa picked wat was challenging for sushi I felt,and he did v well,no doubt.Rags did wat best suited her skill and best-ed it😆.Yana cud not rise up to the challenge but salman camouflages her cleverly.Nishant's choreo had complexity but lacked completeness of the dance form.Krushna was v v gud,but 10 from Remo,I mean,the choreo was not unique at all for a 10😕all others so,so.

2)Perf week bfor -

Nishant-Anki - very good perf.But the criticism by remo and malaika was correct.Marks seemed accurate.
Yana-Salman - was a rocking perf- salman is a terrific choreo definitelyClap
Rags-Nirav - was disappointed.Rags had similiar expression thruout the actConfused
Sushant - Shampa - the act was a bolt from the blue,so the surprise element gave them an edge I think.Concept was good for SS being non-professionalsEmbarrassedSushant scored with his expressions,drama baazi😆His dance steps were pretty average but he made no mistakes and carried it out with easeConfusedBut Shampa's role,and her steps were superbClap

3) Perf 1st week -
All perf were average and so were the choreos - sushita as well as Yana did wat they were best at and it looked quite ordinary,nothing exceptional.The flaw seemed to be that the choreographers were getting 'feelers' about their celebrity's skills,so were playing it safe.Marks seemed fine
Shekar perf was terrific coz Preethi did a great jobClapMahi and Savio were also v good.Jai was clever in the way he settled Renuka

Vote goes to Sushant on a cumulative basis
SaffyFlower thumbnail
Hey Soniyo😆doin timepass on forum as usual,when I shud be zzz-ing😕

lemme go to sleep,I gotto go to wrk,got used to mah vacation 2 much🥱
Nisha_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
g8 idea saffy 👍🏼
so i think dere will be one thread for monday's epi nd other for tues..mhmmmm

my vote goes to sushant 👏 ⭐️ 
he was fabbbb as Karna in Mrityunjay act so as shampa as 1pandav,Lord Indra,Krishna,Arjun..👏⭐️⭐️⭐️
Edited by Gene_Nisha - 13 years ago
..Sonii.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Heyy saffy I feel you are doing good , no 'b' seen here....😆
And i have my vacations for 10 more days 😛😛

OK we will meet after todays performance, keep ready your analytical POV 😉 go to sleep varna mummy ko bata dungi 😆 
Edited by ..Sonii.. - 13 years ago
bonnefille thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Hey saffy great to see you here.....

nice poll.....lil confusing though.

Supposed to analyse the already done performance....right??? choose the most liked....

I will go contestant by contestant.

Shekhar-Preeti: Preeti is a smart choreographer.....she does most of the dancing but never lets you feel that Shekhar is at the back foot. Their  first dance was more of her doing the works while Shekhar looked good just moving a step here and there. The kind of choreography continued till the bihari folk dance act where Shekhar outshone Preeti. I think it was his best performance coz he danced from his heart and well too. Techniques don't matter always.

Renukha-Jai- I think Jai was a strong choreographer and knew to play with the strengths of his partner. Renuka met with justice in spite of being the weakest contender.....she deserved Jai coz only a brilliant choreographer like him could make non-dancers like Renuka dance. Renuka's 'Udi main Udi' performance was nice....she came out of her cocoon looking graceful. 

Akhil- Sneha- A shame to the sportsman spirit. His attitude is more wrong than his dancing skills. He has never put enough effort but always expected the fruits of success. And ever complaining but not improving. I didn't like any of his dance nor his spirit. Didn't see much spark in Sneha either....but seemed sweet and hardworking. 

Ragini-Nirav- Turned out to be the biggest disappointment for me. I love Ragini from Sasural- her spunk, her acting, her screen presence are all top notch. But in Jhalak she has turned out to be quite a damper. Her dancing doesn't have the flow.....and in the second dance- expression wise i wasn't happy from her....saw lil limitations from her. Her best performance has to be the south indian dhamaka she did last week....true to her spirit she shone like the sun.....my only complain the dance performed wasn't folk, it was south indian film's dance routine. She's got potential.....but his choreographer isn't good enough. I would rate him lowest in the choreographers.    

Daya-Vrushali: The flying man dances too! I kind of was not surprised when i saw him dancing and being light on feet in spite of him being heavy.....he was always agile and flying in CID. Have seem him through childhood...he's always been the man. I think he is doing really well.....i would like vrushali to push him lil more into dancing coz he has the potential. His best act was the suspense act in film dance episode.....he was in his own skin and looked good being in it. Daya's posture is very good for international dances.

Chang- Marischa: I love Chang. He is got potential and got good choreographer. He may not look the toughest competitor.....but he's got the spirit to be one. Best performance would be his last 'Naga dance'.....he did it without any reservations.....he's opening dheere dheere!!

Salman-Yana: I warming up to Salman as a choreographer....he's really good. But sometimes i feel he overpowers yana and as a choreographer he should bring her to fore. Salman is brilliant at giving finishing....he makes the performance impacting. Favourite act will be the 'romantic dreamy dance' they did. i didn't like their last act that much....it was impacting and aggressive but mostly jumping on each other...storyline was pretty interesting. I am still doubtful if Kalarippayattu can be put into the branch of folk dance even if its a dance form. The thing is jdj should stick to the form zone they have been given- folk means folk. 

Anushka-Puneet: didn't see much. first performance had the spunk.

Mahi-Savio: Mahi's body movements are completely of a non-dancer....she has way too much looseness in body. She's got best choreographer and behind all that masti khor personality of mahi's....she seems hardworking. She's yet to give her best. I liked her introduction dance best.

Krushna-Robin- He's the fun element of JDJ. Didn't like his last performance that mch.....too many expressions. He did exactly wat he was trying not to do....make weird expressions being a woman. Still it was great fun. Sci-fi act has to my their fav. 

Ankita-Nishant- Anki's got a lot of potential but not being tapped by her choreographer. Nishant is overlooking Anki's strengths. He is just choreographing dance steps for her but not understanding her enough as a dance partner. He should really measure the pros and cons of Ankita as performer and choreograph accordingly. He's young and that is why doesn't know the tricks.....but have found him to extremely hard working and wanting to show his best. So I still feel Nishant's got the potential to tap Anki's potential. Best act would be Rajasthani folk.......anki nearly did a brilliant job.

Sushant and Shampa: It is Sushant's acting skills shining more than his dancing skills. The Bekhuda-Raunde wasn't completely a clean act....but it stood out because of its theatre film effect. The Mrityunjay again was a brilliant story telling....he was brilliant with body language....even the half sit ups wasn't a sore point in spite it could be done in full. I agree with Malliaka that Sushant has brilliant body language....i feel Sushant moulds his body according to character....and I have seen his acts from the beginning of his career. He had got the youthful spunk in Preet and he brings the required looseness and under-confidence to fore of a poor uneducated mechanic. Preet and Manav are such contrasting personalities...yet he never made you feel that the character could be anyone else. The body language is being moulded here too according to each performance. I can't choose b/w horror act and mrityunjay act....both acts were absolutely brilliant. But have to add SHAMPA IS THE STAR!!!

So winner for me Sushant's both acts of horror and mrityunjay. 

Edited by bonnefille - 13 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
hiya saffy....
i looooooooooved yana's performance for ahem ahem obvious reasons
SaffyFlower thumbnail
Watz the verdict for today folks??

Did they all 'deserve' wat they got??

Looks like Ragini aint in gud mood...how was her perf?
-desigirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
how come ppl have voted for yaana without watchin it .. isnt she gonna act on tuesday .lol . anyways my vote goes for her too  beforeeven watchin it hehe
-desigirl- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NaDzGirl

hiya saffy....

i looooooooooved yana's performance for ahem ahem obvious reasons

lol im confused now ... how have u all seen yaanas act .. its still monday
SaffyFlower thumbnail
Hey ekta_salman - this thread is to vote for the whole of december's performances

We will do a thread tommorrow to vote specifically for this week - wud be unfair to vote for this week until all contestants are seen,right?