Laagi Tujhse Lagan

India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Dutta's Past Betrayals - A boon or curse?

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
Hey Guys,

When I caught up on Seema's entry scene, a question buried deep in my mind, resurged. This has been a question that had done rounds in my mind when my friend went thru' something similar that I anticipate Dutta might soon experience - Seema and his face off!

What I wanna know from all of you is how do you think Dutta should react to her comeback in his life and why? Let me explain the reason for this post.

After going through Liz's recent thread on Naku and all your replies, I put myself in Naku's shoes and realized life and its meaning becomes so simple and clear due to love. Its such an optimistic outlook that my mind diverted to Dutta. I think none of us have a doubt that Dutta loves Naku and NOT SEEMA.

Keeping this in mind, Do you think Dutta's reaction should be -

1. Indifference towards Seema:
Neither pain nor any mushiness because eventually he found love in its most pure form. If Seema had NOT betrayed him, he might never have found Naku's love eventually. He wouldnt have got the opportunity to bask in the intensity of REAL LOVE. Hence, Seema's betrayal becomes a boon and not a curse for him. A way to thank life because the end was beautiful...I am not realy referring to the initial reaction...thats bound to be shock and anger as many have stated...I am talking about the eventual feelings left after the initial reaction...

2. Infuriation and emotional outburst. Old memories burning his heart and haunting him:
He recollects Seema's betrayal and "feels the hurt" again. He re-lives his traumatic journey/memories with her.

3. Any other reaction...

If the answer is #2, do you think he is justified in his reaction, now that he has found Naku's love and experienced an internal bliss that he never had experienced before with anyone. As per his own confession and AS's assertion, Naku cannot be categorized with Seema and Sups, this implies, she went beyond all expectations and brought forth the true love that one would want to attain in life irrespective of any traumatic/blissful past.
If Naku was in his place, I feel she would be indebted to her bappa for all her experiences because somewhere every incident was a catalyst to her destination- Dutta....
Shouldnt Dutta also be grateful for turn of event that brought him close to Naku?

I am assuming here that he has accepted Naku's love...

Love,
DD

Edited by Dancingdoll - 03 January 2011 at 3:09am

The following 22 member(s) liked the above post:

merunshamnasasalifairy_naazshruti10augustJia1nightoffullmoonsikkaishasasha_1shally_mprettywomanmnx12--Saaki--Rose_Petalleft_forever-Carrie-Sophia21*dewdrop~pearl*ushankitvcSanely_Insanekabeeraspeakingmeghapartikhushix

-Carrie- IF-Rockerz
-Carrie-
-Carrie-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Superb Post!Clap Wow! What a start to a Monday!Smile D's ninja is back.Big smile

Well on to your post! We can straightaway rule out any mushiness.D is not made of that stuff.That's why he is hum sabka sweetheart DHeart He is all Nakusha's for the next seven births.

Ideally it should be indifference. He has met & experienced love in its purest form. As some say Nakusha has washed away all his wounds with her tears. He is healed but is reluctant to accept it.Because he has been carrying it for so long they had become his armour against further wounding.But unbeknownst to him he is completely cured of all his afflictions.So when he comes face to face with Seema he shouldn't feel anything other than what one normally feels when one sees someone from the past after a longtime.This indifference is what should finally jolt D out of his stubborn stance & make him see what he closes his eyes from & waits in front of him in the form of Nakusha.And this indifference would be the ultimate slap on Seema's face.Seema should immediately sense she is in front of one whose heart & soul belongs to someone else.That he is fiercely committed to another very lucky woman.That what a fool she has been of letting go such a precious gem out of her hands.I want her to experience that pain till her last breath.

But as one who feels too much for D I also wonder was it necessary for D to undergo such toturous & pain riddled experiences to find love.That he had to shed blood of fellow humans to experience something as pristine & soulful as love.And in the process tear apart his soul a million times.He himself admitted he has blood of innocents on his hands.Where hands are raised in prayers for him in Patilwadi there are those whose every teardrop has a curse for D like that crazy woman during D's earlier wedding.Those scars remain for which Seema was ultimately responsible.So I think D would be justified in any emotional outburst given as u say old memories & hauntings.
Hope I made sense.But of course u always indulge me even when I  rambleLOL

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasalinightoffullmoonsikkaisha*dewdrop~pearl*Dancingdollmeghaparti

*dewdrop~pearl* IF-Rockerz
*dewdrop~pearl*
*dewdrop~pearl*

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Though initially it was a curse to him, but eventually it will definitely be a boon Wink....as you mentioned, if Seema hadnt paved way for Nakku, Dutta would never have found true/soulful/selfless love in his life - love in its purest form! So its just a matter of time for Dutta to realise this. Right now he is in a zoomed-in situation LOL, but when he zooms out and sees the entire picture in totality, he will realise that all the pain that he had to endear initially had a bigger motive. That day he will realise that his short run pain was essential to pave way for his long run happiness.

Regarding Dutta's reaction on seeing Seema, well I think it would depend on the circumstance. If Seema has saved his life in some way, I think on realizing this he might just remain silent and show indifference. But if she appeared in front of him in any other circumstance, I think he will have an extreme anger/pain/bitterness expression and might just walk off from there, and later on keep getting alternate flashbacks of his latest encounter with her and her past betrayel…..and eventually he might climb on his jeep and crush his 'daroo ki baatli' with hands LOL……

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

nightoffullmoonsikkaisha-Carrie-meghapartiDancingdoll

kabeeraspeaking IF-Sizzlerz
kabeeraspeaking
kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Neither boon nor curse...it was life. Equal parts pain and experience. You take the best of it and move on and if you don't, it remains as baggage until you learn to extract the wisdom behind it and move forward. Dutta didn't learn, he declined. And now that he is in the pits of confusion and internal struggle, seeing that past from a different point-of-view will help ease his troubles, it'll open up his mind and show him what happened to her as a result and what happened to him...it'll give him a chance to reevaluate and become free...to attain the perfect closure he needs in order to shed his prejudices and give others whom he shunned because of those prejudices another chance.

Of the two reactions you mentioned, I wouldn't expect him to react in the first manner, especially keeping in mind his personality traits and how huge a milestone Seema is in his life. So the second option I'll say...and if he reacts in that manner, it in no way reflects on how much he values Nakku's love or whether he has been able to experience bliss with her or not. This issue he has is about what transpired between Seema and him from the most basic human perspective...she betrayed him, forget as a lover, but as a person...she took a hit on his self-respect and ability as one individual to another...it's not about love between them, not anymore at least...it's more like a dead and rotten relationship of pain and the misconceptions that have grown from it. He is fully entitled to 're-live' that trauma again because that is what one would feel instinctively in such a case...upon being scratched, scabs do bleed again...and this wouldn't insult Nakku or what she is to him in any way, because what they share is on a whole other plane of things. 

Dutta will understand the first perspective (of contentment with destiny and the past as a result of cherishing the present) with time, just as he has done with all other things so far. He reacts and then he thinks, so both the things will happen eventually...he will experience the pain and he will also learn to come to terms with whatever happened...

Edited by make-believe - 02 January 2011 at 11:09pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

shamnasasalinightoffullmoonkomal_w25prettywomanrama_2010sub_rosaRose_PetalMelodiousDreams*dewdrop~pearl*DancingdollAyeChavannimeghapartikhushix

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
@Zuby:

On the 1st para - Exactly my point....Even if he displays anger for the type of "human", Seema is, would be OK....Generally when we hear that people betraying others, we do tend to develop a natural dislikeness but I feel he shouldnt "feel" anything....Anger out of virtues/humanity is different from outburst resulting from "feelings".....

On 2nd para -
Well, As I said in my post, the experience/journey that Naku took Dutta through was something every heart would yearn for, irrespective of the past....the only difference being, Dutta clinged on to it more fiercely and inadvertently because he was wounded and Naku's form of love was his cure...He appreciated what he was gifted with intensely because he had seen the other side of the coin.....That I believe made this love story more intense.....Wouldu have felt eternal if Dutta was a happy go lucky guy who found true love in Naku? His pain made the e-LS cherishable!!!!

Edited by Dancingdoll - 02 January 2011 at 11:45pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

prettywoman*dewdrop~pearl*-Carrie-

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
@DDP (dewdrop_pearl):

(BTW, What shld I call you? Tongue)

So, u think that until he sess the bigger picture, he would feel the pain and hence the anger resulting from it when he faces Seema?
If he has to see the bigger picture to be indifferent, then isnt he using his brains rather than heart??? Shouldnt his "Indifferent" reaction be natural, stemming from the fact that he is in "REAL LOVE" with someone else....Someone who has raised the bar of love to an extent that it wouldnt be humanly possible for anyone to reach there? Someone who took made him live each and every moment in true love....My point is, shouldnt the indifference be natural reaction?
An "Aha" moment or eye opener for Dutta....A surprise for him that although Seema is in front of him and yet, he can care less.....??

Edited by Dancingdoll - 02 January 2011 at 11:40pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nightoffullmoon-Carrie-

Rose_Petal IF-Dazzler
Rose_Petal
Rose_Petal

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
@make-believe

I agree with you so much!

I was finding it hard to write exactly what I wanted to say...just couldn't get the words right.D'oh......but now after your post, I don't have to write anything else! Smile You've written almost everything I was trying to to put down in words. Approve

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

kabeeraspeaking

Dancingdoll IF-Sizzlerz
Dancingdoll
Dancingdoll

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by make-believe

Of the two reactions you mentioned, I wouldn't expect him to react in the first manner, especially keeping in mind his personality traits and how huge a milestone Seema is in his life. So the second option I'll say...and if he reacts in that manner, it in no way reflects on how much he values Nakku's love or whether he has been able to experience bliss with her or not. This issue he has is about what transpired between Seema and him from the most basic human perspective...she betrayed him, forget as a lover, but as a person...she took a hit on his self-respect and ability as one individual to another...it's not about love between them, not anymore at least...it's more like a dead and rotten relationship of pain and the misconceptions that have grown from it. He is fully entitled to 're-live' that trauma again because that is what one would feel instinctively in such a case...upon being scratched, scabs do bleed again...and this wouldn't insult Nakku or what she is to him in any way, because what they share is on a whole other plane of things. 

MB, You actually bring forth an interesting point that I thought might be mutually exclusive (Black Bold and Red Bold) ....As I was telling Zuby, As a human, I would agree that he is entitled to display anger, hatred for the human that Seema represents....and hence, I would totally agree with the Black Bold point....
but when you say, "re-live" the trauma, are u including some kind of feelings or emotions, something that surges from his past emotions that he shared with Seema? An intense pain?....Because being angry with a human being because they are betrayers can be different from "pain" beccause pain would imply u r still connected to that human being in some way, that he/she still holds the power to affect u.....Wouldnt Naku's love be the reason to break that connection inadvertently?

My friend actually went thru an exact reaction that u have stated and I was confused because I found both the aspects mutually exclusive if u have true love in your kitty now....

Edited by Dancingdoll - 02 January 2011 at 11:39pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

nightoffullmoon-Carrie-kabeeraspeaking

Go to top