Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

aishwaria

IF-Dazzler

aishwaria

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 11:18pm | IP Logged
  • Harry Potter 3, 5 and 6 were a disaster. Deathly Hallows part 1 is better though.
  • The shopaholic movie was terrible as well. Nothing like the book, the story was completely twisted and changed.
  • I read the book, 'Devil wears Prada' after watching the movie. The book was WAY better and even more entertaining.
In the movies I guess they try to put in more spice and drama which at times makes the movie unrealistic. Whatever the case maybe, the books are always better than the movies. The feelings and emotions of the protagonists are never portrayed properly in a movie.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Books to Movies (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-mango-

IF-Dazzler

-mango-

Posted: 05 February 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
I read My Sister's Keeper, super super sad story... compared to the movie, I found the movie much better as it had a better ending than the book for sure! Embarrassed

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 13 February 2011 at 10:43am | IP Logged
I usually don't mind movie adaptations of books as even though they're different, they're enjoyable in their own way. However, Inkheart was such a beautiful book and the movie utterly trashed it... I didn't even finish watching it, it was nothing like the book! Also, I liked the movie of My Sister's Keeper but I thought that they should have kept the original ending as I saw no reason for the change :/

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cool_yv

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 12:22am | IP Logged
I'm quite surprised no one has mentioned The Lord Of The Rings yet. Am I the only geek who has read and watched and loved it tremendously?

The movies were changed to fit time and what not, but it was mostly to the book, and the details were so wonderfully kept and done - Peter Jackson was brilliant in directing it.

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 2:59am | IP Logged
^^ Unfortunately, those are still on my to-read list... :P

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 16 February 2011 at 5:58am | IP Logged
^^ you haven't read them yet? I read all three before the third movie came out. After I watched the first (on DVD because when I wanted to watch it in the theatre everyone said it wasn't good - then we watched it with our cousins at home and fell in love so marathoned the first two) and I immediately borrowed the books from my friend. They are so good!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 4:04am | IP Logged
^^ I really want to and I probably will soon... they're just pretty thick and I want to do them justice :)

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 19 February 2011 at 10:43pm | IP Logged
Harry Potter- well I am a HUGE fan of the books....and for my sanity I always view the movies as movies only...because when I compare my head hurts....but I was utterly disappointed with the 4th one.....7th one however was really good...and I loved the Sorcerers Stone and Chamber of Secrets because they only left out minor details unlike the 4th....how can you forget Bill and Bagman?? and why the hell introduce Barty Crouch JR in the beginning.....THAT was JKR's brilliance right there...keeping it completely surprise till the end!

Twilight- Eclipse was my fave (and by fave I mean most tolerable) book of the series and I thought the movie did the same....I really dont want to see BD but I know my friends will drag me....compared to NM and Twilight Eclipse is the best one

Percy Jackson- I am a HUGE fan of the book series....I love Greek mythology so I saw the movie first, it was ok....but the book was so much more better (but they were a very easy read since this series is geared towards middle school kids)

Pretty Little Liars (its a show) I just started reading the first book and I must say that this is one of the rare times where the media adaptation is better than the literay one.....I find the show much more entertaining and fast paced compared to the book....and also I love how in the show the main characters are not total biatches like they portray in the book

Post Reply New Post

Go to top