Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Hey guys many times we've seen books being made to movies and sometimes it goes well others not...

which movies were ur favorite redentions of a book and which were not?

one movie i thought was horribly done was 'bride and prejudice' ..[especially since pride n prejudice was my fav!] ..the pride and prejudice movie//american was o k a y made..i still feel the book held more feeling..

i havent read ps ilove you yet but i've seen the movie and didn't like it much as i liked notebook..what are others?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Candy-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Books to Movies" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
well i hv read twilight nd wtched twilight saga the first part as movie was tolerable but after tht i thnk the bok was heaven

harry potter books nd movies i never liked thm both

m now waiting for water for elephants by sara gruen to be turned into a movie whch stars robert pattinson

-Candy-

IF-Dazzler

-Candy-

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 5:47am | IP Logged
Ya ...actually the truth is a movie can never express an author's words !!! the book has a real charm a real attraction wich a movie cnt do...PS ilove you the movie is ok - ok bt book rocks <3 Evn twilight saga has been a disaster aftr being made into a movie....Den a walk 2 remember nd notebook were nice....dey werent bad bt i recommend the book mre...others are well gud... =)

aishwaryagayen

IF-Rockerz

aishwaryagayen

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:10am | IP Logged
they even change the stories accordingly in movies and i hate tht thng

amy22

IF-Rockerz

amy22

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
It's hard to do but the movie To Kill A Mockingbird was exactly like the novel. Incredibly well done and a treat to watch as well as read. Very humorous in its own way. Simply love it.

Dangerous Liaisons with John Malkovich and Nicole Pfeiffer is very well done, too. 

What I dun like as movie is Harry Potter, also Twilight wasn't up to my expectations really. And the adaptation of Gone with the Wind was also a disappointment.

x.sunayna.x

IF-Dazzler

x.sunayna.x

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
I agree with amy22 about to kill a mockingbird done as a movie ! Although it did miss a few small points Robert Mullagan managed to create an amazing black & white movie !

But there are very few books turned movies i liked.. I personally thought the first few HP movies were amazing - although they look slightly dated now, if you hadn't read the book I think they were quite enjoyable !

& the girl with the dragon tattoo - loved the movie without having read the book, but when i read the book .. they missed out half the story.. you can't really expect them to fit it all into a 2 hour movie though can you ?

Twilight is a definite NO though :)

meggs

meggs

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:11am | IP Logged
i havent seen a movie as yet which is better than its book...
bourne series(totally changed the story!!)
harry potter
twilight
pride and prejudice
count of monte cristo etc etc...

but i have to say some of the above movies were good enough tht i got the book they were based on
i first saw bourne identity and then read the whole series..
same was teh case with twilight and count of monte cristo.. after reading the book i did find the movie lacking though..

i think this is because.. so many emotiond written in the book are not expressed and spoken aloud in the movie

greatest disappointment as yet was... god father by mario puzo...

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Talking of Bride and Prejudice, it was nothing like the novel. A very poor attempt of movie making in the name of an 'adaptation'. Whereas the 1995 version, which was a TV series is my personal drool-over matter!!

My favorite redention is of the book 'New Moon'. I haven't read/watched Harry Potter, and I am inclined to start reading sometime soon. And about New Moon, it is one of my favorite movies. Though, I find the entire Twilight Saga to be quite an over-rated series. The movie clicked with me instantly - thats how I got into reading the series and sorta fell in love with Jacob. Erm! Everything from the supernatural element to Jacob and Bella's shipping to all the wrong that Jacob deciphers from Bella's love for him to how I was forced into detesing Bella hereon - my favorites! Big smile

Edited by -Kanky- - 15 January 2011 at 5:38am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top