Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Would Jesus Wear Jeans to Church? (Page 5)

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Originally posted by Believe

Oh Geeezzzz ji, Mohd ji...Krish ji .............. inn log ko maaaf kardeee...aur muje bi D'ohBig smile
 Ghabrana mat Bhai. Christianity mein sab ko maaf miltaLOL-- Main kisi religion se maafi nahe maanga....Big smile

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Emptiness

Jesus these days has become a hit Bollywood composer

http://media.glamsham.com/download/picturegallery/events/anandalok-purashkar-finale-2009/anandalok-purashkar-finale-2009-09.jpg

aah yes, jesus spreading the word of recycling LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:11am | IP Logged

http://media.glamsham.com/download/picturegallery/events/anandalok-purashkar-finale-2009/anandalok-purashkar-finale-2009-09.jpg

I never knew there was more than one Jesus on Earth

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:13am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

jesus kills rafi songs? Shocked
xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

It's the Holy Ghost and the Holy Son together Shocked

Edited by xobile - 03 January 2011 at 9:14am
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xobile

Religious places and events hold a lot of meaning for certain people and it is important to try to uphold the sanctity of the environment merely out of respect for others' feelings. Some of those people might be hypocrites and only comply with the outward aspects of faith. But those that enter the environment with genuine beliefs deserve their dressing regulations to be followed. A library may have readers who aren't really there to read, but we still ought to maintain silence for those that are there to read. Similarly, covering the head in a gurdwara or going barefoot in a mandir are simple dressing regulations to which everyone should adhere. Modest dressing is a gray area and it is a call that everyone should be allowed to take for themselves: a girl turning up in a bikini at a mosque should expect raised eyebrows, just as she would for dressing like that to a friend's wedding reception.

I think there is a fine line between blatant disrespect towards a belief and having a questioning outlook towards certain beliefs. The problem that occurs is when a group of people determine based on their genuine beliefs that other people should be excluded from worship or are below religious standards. While turning up at a place of religious worship in a bikini is scandalous to one extreme - many religious groups are guilty of being judgmental to the extreme. There is a serious problem in faith when someone who is not necessarily disrespectful, but has a minor difference of perception has to feel excluded from faith or that their faith is not good enough. Irrational stringency in faith and these faith based dress codes is what pushes many youth or skeptics away from faith and some into the other extreme form of rebellion.
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:49pm | IP Logged

In Philippines they often use the name Jesus for themselves
eg Jesus Rodriguez Jr., or Alfonso Rey Jesus

But this would not be acceptable to the Christians in most places and labelled as blasphamey.
Shaily. Goldie
Shaily.
Shaily.

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 4:57pm | IP Logged
hmm.. good topic.  I've seen and heard many women gossip about ladies or teens that don't dress up whether it is if they want to or not... Now for me.. i love dressing up (and i think most girls do to..) in dresses or formally to go to mandir/church.  I believe that wearing anything available it good enough for God, but as for respect.... i think if you go to the mandir/church for the right reasons then God has no reason to overlook you just because of ur outlook.  But i do believe there is a streak of proudness and dignity that follows the people that do dress up so I concluding all that i think it doesn't matter what you wear or how you look, as long as you respect god and anyways who said khaki's are formal or not? God? i don't think soo.. because fashion changes like the seasons. next year this could be considered disrespectful. :l

Go to top