Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Would Jesus Wear Jeans to Church? (Page 4)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Originally posted by Summer3

[QUOTE=Summer3]

If someone post Lord Krishna's and Phd.Mohammed's like this pic....pata nahe kya hoga .........???LOL

I think all followers are bound to be hypocrites becos they are divided persons, split persons. And whatsoever thy show is only on the surface, and whatsoever they really are is hidden behind. And there is a constant conflict between these two, they live two kinds of lives. Avoid this....Smile
I think Jeans is decent enough whosoever wears it.
It many a be a bit informal but it is accepted in US.
But Temple Dieties or Church figures should be respectfully attired.

Dont try here..US and in ur place its oke...but here try kiya tho poore IF band ho jayegaa...!!!ConfusedOuch

Yep there are some othodox believers and stickler for rules who believe in a no nonsense approach. Even if God appears before them, they will think He is a fake.LOL

Sub fake hey tho kya kareinBig smileFor eg: If God appears not like Jesus Christ but like Krishna, not on the cross but with a flute and girlfriends dancing around him, the Christian will close his eyes.... he will say, "This is not my cup of tea." Girlfriends? Can you think of Jesus with girlfriends? ....The cross and girlfriends cant go together...... Jesus hanging on the cross and girlfriends dancing around?... It won't fit, it will be very bizarre..... He was waiting for Christ to appear, and instead of Christ this guy, Krishna, appears.... he seems to be debauched. And the flute?....the world is suffering and people are hungry and they need bread  and this man is playing on the flute? He seems to be utterly uncompassionate, he seems to be indulgent..... the Christian cannot believe in Krishna... if God appears as Krishna, then the Christian will say, "This is not God."...n the same will be the case with the Hindu who was waiting for Krishna... if Christ appears, that will not be his idea of God  so sad, such a long face, so gloomy, with such suffering on his face....Christians say Jesus never laughed.... I don't think they are right, and I don't think they are representing the real Christ, but that's what they have managed to propagate.... the Hindu cannot accept the revelation.... he must think this is some kind of nightmare..... Jesus will not appeal to him.

I just wanna say the believer cannot even trust his own experience.... even if truth is revealed, he will reject it, unless it fits with him.... He is more important than truth itself:... truth has an obligation to fit with him. He is the criterion, he is the decisive factor. This kind of man can never know truth....he is already prejudiced, poisoned.Smile

Generally Gods and Saints look and behave differently on the outside only.
Their teachings of truth and goodness remanins unchanged. But to understand someone of that height we should have the capacity and the capability to understand and guage; unfortunately we are too busy looking for gold.

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 2:40am | IP Logged

I am sure when Jesus visited India and Tibet he wore whatever was locally worn then.

if he came back to India he would wear a che guevara t shirt and a livestrong band.

Edited by old-black-joe - 03 January 2011 at 2:39am
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 3:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by old-black-joe

I am sure when Jesus visited India and Tibet he wore whatever was locally worn then.

if he came back to India he would wear a che guevara t shirt and a livestrong band.
Well he will have to disguise himself, if not, the crowds would give no peace.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorhindu4lyf

BelleFemme IF-Rockerz

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 5:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Summer3

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Oh Geeezzzz ji, Mohd ji...Krish ji .............. inn log ko maaaf kardeee...aur muje bi D'ohBig smile

Edited by Believe - 03 January 2011 at 6:46am

Summer3

xobile IF-Rockerz
xobile
xobile

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

The question caught my attention at the mall yesterday. Although related to God and religion, this topic is not intended much to be about God and religion - more so about faith and appearance. This question was on the poster advertising a church. It is one of those questions that instantly sparks curiosity. So I went up and read the entire poster. Here is what it said.

Outward appearances often don't reflect what's going on in someone's heart and life. This is an age old problem, even as Jesus walked the earth. Many dressed the religious part but were rotten on the inside. Jesus called these people "hypocrites" (Matthew 23:27-28). Maybe you think Christianity and church are scams because you've experienced this hypocrisy. I apologize on behalf of Christians. In addition, maybe you feel as if your appearance or past excludes you from God's love.

But please, don't give up on God just yet! I want to invite you to check out epikos church and hear what Jesus taught, lived for, and died for. I invite you to be part of a church where we recognize that all of us are dependent on the grace and hope offered through Jesus Christ.
So come as you are, No need to dress up or hide your tattoos'

The poster was for Epikos Church: http://epikos.org/index.php

No matter what religion you are, most likely you have had to follow a "dress code" for religious events or religious places. You have also probably seen whispers, gossip, murmurs, frowns and nasty looks being cast upon people who do not follow this "dress code". One school of thought is that this is a religious place/event. It is something that commands respect and reverence. People ought to dress with dignity and modesty to reflect that. It is a fair school of thought that has its own merit.

However, I think stringent application of such "dress codes" and looking down on people who look/dress differently actually alienates good people from faith. Its not a veil over the head or a short skirt that represents faith or lack of, its whats within. Its whether one is well dressed or sports spiky hair and tattoos, but how one conducts themselves that is important. Faith has no "dress code" and is reflected in actions - not clothes.

So what do other people feel about the expectations of stringent dress codes related to faith and worship. Is it right or does it defeat the purpose of faith?

Religious places and events hold a lot of meaning for certain people and it is important to try to uphold the sanctity of the environment merely out of respect for others' feelings. Some of those people might be hypocrites and only comply with the outward aspects of faith. But those that enter the environment with genuine beliefs deserve their dressing regulations to be followed. A library may have readers who aren't really there to read, but we still ought to maintain silence for those that are there to read. Similarly, covering the head in a gurdwara or going barefoot in a mandir are simple dressing regulations to which everyone should adhere. Modest dressing is a gray area and it is a call that everyone should be allowed to take for themselves: a girl turning up in a bikini at a mosque should expect raised eyebrows, just as she would for dressing like that to a friend's wedding reception.

Summer3

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged

Oh Geeezzzz ji, Mohd ji...Krish ji .............. inn log ko maaaf kardeee...aur muje bi D'ohBig smile
 Ghabrana mat Bhai. Christianity mein sab ko maaf miltaLOL
CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top