India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

SRK most popular Global star...Salman Indian star

kash4life IF-Rockerz
kash4life
kash4life

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
My friends were talking about Bollywood , and we noticed something, basically this year has seen Salman Khan emerge as being basically the top Khan in terms of box office. Ofcourse Salman has always been a huge star but I dont think anyone will deny that 2010 has been Salman's year.

I live in the UK and I personally feel that even though Aamir' 3 idiots and Salmans Dabanng were huge blockbusters, and MNIK was just a mere hit... SRK still today is the biggest 'star' out of them globally. Not the best or biggest actor but biggest star for sure.

We were saying how popularity in India, and popularity globally in UK, USA, Europe, South Asia are very different. In India right now, I believe that Salman is considered probably after this year the biggest star, but outside, I do beleive that SRK is still very much the most popular, or most recognisable bollwood face.

There have been many Concerts abroad, where stars have performed, and I remember I went to the Temptations concert in the UK  and the main reason I went but Im 100% sure most people went was because SRK was part of it. If there was another Khan performing instead, I dont think the receptiong would have been so huge. Recently in Bangladesh SRK and Rani went to perform and the response for tickets were HUGE(Im from Bang, family told me) and I can say probably with complete confidence that if any other star was said to have gone, the response would not have been anywhere near as big.

Basically what am trying to say is that we hear in shows like KWK, that people feel that Salman and Aamir are doing better in the last 2 years therefore are more popular, but I feel that this may be the case in India, but outside I feel that people attitude on the King Khan status has not changed.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothirgamayascinerdpria4eversheee.shona.Aamnakideewani

mz.jess IF-Sizzlerz
mz.jess
mz.jess

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
SRK is more globally recognized

hence, MINK was a huge success abroad

Not that Sallu isn't big here, but if you want to do the comparison, than srk wins

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothirgamayascinerdpria4everNuktaacheenKhanYouGoAwaypreetysadiaAamnakideewani

scinerd Goldie
scinerd
scinerd

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
srk is the king. the fact that in jokes people always highlight him just shows that he is the king. unfortunately it's lonley at the top. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

jyothirgamayapria4everAamnakideewani

aiyshababy Senior Member
aiyshababy
aiyshababy

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Aamir Khan actual star he is living in heart of mature peoples
Xiahtic-5 IF-Stunnerz
Xiahtic-5
Xiahtic-5

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Well i think all three Khans are popular not only in India bt all around the world and as per Salman even though Shahrukh has given more hits bt Salman is knwn as popular too all three khans have there owns sets of fans

One think which i noticed usually Boys are always after actress and girls drool are fans of Actors but as per Salman i can say he has both fan groups bcz of his body building all boys are interested in him wht does he do and stuff and well girls they are heads over heels for him

Edited by tzahra - 02 January 2011 at 5:18pm
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top