Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: ladygaga

Sri devi's spontaneity and energy was amazing... and voice modulation and body langauge and gestures.. were a sight to see. Specially in comedies like chaalbaaz.. damn you could just look at her.. forever.. she was always in commotion.. her energy is very hard to describe in words..and she did all that without going OTT.. with the added touch of innocence..I have watched a lot of her movies.. with Anil kapoor.. Mr india, .. judai where she sells anil kapoor for 1 crores to urmila was hilarious..Sadmaa is a clasic.. Lamhe is one of the most magical movies ever.. i specially loved how she played the role of the daughter..her chemistry with Anil kapoor and Kamal hassan was the best.

Gosh ya her role in judaai was hilarious..πŸ˜† and even in Mr. India although it was all about Anil, I can never forget her expression, when the football hits her head..it was priceless!! although I love Madhuri I do not think she could pull off a role like a mad girl in sadma..even tho some of her movies were OTT, she surely did total justice to her role!!
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Can someone explain what is "comic timing" - it's a very Bollywood thing to say, but what does it mean exactly?
acc to good ol wikipedia

Comic timing is use of rhythm and tempo to enhance comedy and humour. The pacing of the delivery of a joke has a strong impact on its comic effect; the same is also true of more physical comedy such asslapstick.
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I see. Thanks for the explanation.

Now thinking about it, I think Sridevi has one of the best comic-timings. Govinda too. Raveena had it as well.

rinni thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Sridevi is easily one of the most versatile actresses we ever had. She could play just any role and make it special by her magic. The variety of role she played from eye candy, drama to comedy centered to pure vampish. She was excellent and completely at comfort with every role. She was always the character she played. How many times I have laughed and cried with her in her movies...I dont remember. She was so energetic in her dances even being untrained and her true Indian looks and figure are surely to die for. 

Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Sridevi par itni saari threads... sab theek toh hai na ???? 

Sridevi n Madhuri dixit hi ghoom raha hai mere dimaag mein... πŸ€£
rinni thumbnail

Originally posted by: goneforever

πŸ˜•  I know Sridevi was a top actress of her times, but I fail to see the magic in her acting and appeal.  I watched parts of Lamhe today (a classic movie from 20 years ago) and it looks very tacky when you watch it now.  I did not find her acting that great.  If Madhuri Dixit had been in that role, it would have been so much better.  Anyway, what's done is done.  Sridevi had a lot of hits and great performances.  But, the main question is, did you find her sexy and appealing?  Her voice is a major turn-off for me.  πŸ˜†  Madhuri Dixit and Sridevi were major competitors during the late 80's/early 90's.  Personally for me, I always loved Madhuri more and she was much better in terms of her sex appeal, smile, acting, and everything else.  Sridevi faded out simply because Madhuri had the magic which everyone loved at that time.

I don't really want to turn this into a Madhuri vs. Sridevi comparison topic.  However, I would like to know.  What was so special about Sridevi's appeal?  Her acting, choice of roles, voice?  What did you like about her?

πŸ₯±

To the topic starter,

Lamhe is unimaginable without Sridevi. I dont think you or anyone else can question a director like Yash Chopra's judgment who had this story conceived in his mind for 10 yrs and put it to shape only after working with Sridevi in Chandni and he said that only Sridevi could do it.

Omar. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I found her hot in the early 90's 
Gujar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
For me it was her portrayal the overall conveyance of finer emotion, so sagacious in choice & experiment. Her pliability governed by choice of role was what stood out for me
_rose thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Her dance as far I can remember... πŸ˜ƒ