Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ibelieveinpink thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Easy...she had the girl next door appeal, but she was still sensual! her expressions were brilliant! And at her time, she was one of the only leading actresses to be so versatile...she did comedy, romance, drama, and such a beautiful dancer!! I loved her comedy in the movie roop ki rani and her chinese avatar!!!
LifeOLicious thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Kyaktsar

It's strange how I like neither of them when I was growing up..I was a big fan of Juhi Chawla and continued to remain so...

Me too! πŸ˜†  Juhi was fabulousss....and so pretty and so cute. You wanted to hug her even in her most atrocious roles! πŸ˜†

I like Madhuri later in her career....Pukar, Mrityudand, Devdas....I am not a fan of her performances in her early career (barring Prahaar & Parinda)....just loved her songs and dances.

I liked Sridevi always....not a fan but liked her....she had a lot of spunk I agree....I think that is what was so much fun about watching her. She was also very versatile....she played it all....eye-candy roles, comedy, drama, romance, negative....and she did them all very well. Her voice was ya not that great but it never bothered me.
Edited by LifeOLicious - 13 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She was a brilliant actress and her dancing was brilliant. I am not a massive fan though
MissIffiy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I have not seen many of her films I saw the film with salman & the film where srk dies & the film with Rishi thats about it she has that screen presence & charm 
Originally posted by: maddy1973

again a nice topic for discussion erotic.... 😊

Coming to the topic... Why just Lamhe.... most of teh movies of those times if watched now we will find it tacky... the other day I was watching Maine pyar kiya... and i fast forwarded it... could not sit thru it... and it was my most fav movie once upon a time...

I think there are very few movies that can stand the test of time and be evergreen to watch....

Coming to Sridevi and Madhuri... they were never competitors... Sri's peak was in the mid to late 80's and Madhuri's was in the early to mid 90's....

Both were amazing actresses... since i grew up watching Madhuri... I prefer her...but definitely Sridevi had a massive fan following in those times... and unlike today those were the times when there was just a monopoly of one actress at a certain time with absolutely no competion... so definitely madhuri and Sridevi benifitted because of that too..

Thanks for enjoying this topic!  πŸ˜›  Well, there were many other actresses like Dimple Kapadia, Raveena Tandon, Juhi Chawla, Naghma, Divya Bharti, etc. that came during the late 80's/early 90's.   However, none of these actresses affected the superstardom of Madhuri and Sridevi by any means whatsoever.  Yes, you are right about the monopoly of one heroine ruling for several years.  Sridevi/Madhuri ruled for years, not just one year here and one year there like today's actresses.  Madhuri and Sridevi were very consistent and hardly had any bad performances, except past their prime.  Anyway, I miss Madhuri and she is going to make a comeback soon I hope!
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sridevi's appeal is undeniable.
But she was hit or miss throughout her career.
I'd compare her to the present with Aishwarya Rai.
An undoubtedly applauded star - but also a quite patchy film career.

Sridevi's voice and mannersisms are what make her "special".
Lamhe is one of her best roles.

When it comes to the inevitable Madhuri comparison - I'd pick Mads for sure.
Micky_elle thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Sridevi could act and thats what matters.

madhuri was gorgeous and sensual and a good actress, but Sridevi was more versatile for me. She was awesome in Sadma, chaalbaaz, nagina, chandini etc. Although madhuri came in a lot later to the industry, many people did compare Madhuri to Sridevi mainly because madhuri was a good dancer like Sri and also had good expressions like Sridevi. But madhuri was more known for her dancing skills than her acting. sridevi proved herself both as an actress and a good dancer. she was known as the female amitabh bachchan mainly because she could do justice to any role given whether comedy, drama, romance or intense!!

petticoat thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
ALright for South, she literally grew up infront of the cameras

She has been facing cameras for a pretty long time
I think this was when she was 5
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHxTSYxy7zI[/YOUTUBE]

again, she has amazing screen presence. Her accent might put a few people off but I think there can be no sensual song better than kaate nahin kat theπŸ˜† SHe had an excellent comic timing! COuld play a selfish wife awesomly well! SHe is versatile! Inspite of the roles handed out to her, her performances stick out really well! Oh and I really think she gossiped less than most of the current crop of actresses

.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I agree Maduri is better. Haven't seen anything great sridevi did. Most of the film I have seen her in she either went OTT with her acting or she was just good not that great performance. She is def overrated. But she is good looking though. She has beautiful eyes. Beautiful hair. I think she is sexy too.
ladygaga thumbnail
Sri devi's spontaneity and energy was amazing... and voice modulation and body langauge and gestures.. were a sight to see. Specially in comedies like chaalbaaz.. damn you could just look at her.. forever.. she was always in commotion.. her energy is very hard to describe in words..and she did all that without going OTT.. with the added touch of innocence..I have watched a lot of her movies.. with Anil kapoor.. Mr india, .. judai where she sells anil kapoor for 1 crores to urmila was hilarious..Sadmaa is a clasic.. Lamhe is one of the most magical movies ever.. i specially loved how she played the role of the daughter..her chemistry with Anil kapoor and Kamal hassan was the best.