Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

What was so special about Sridevi's appeal?

WhipCreamPantie IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusRekha_jipria4evermittijalebi-Mmmmm-eraser.khoobsurat.prerna4rishav

U-No-Poo IF-Sizzlerz
U-No-Poo
U-No-Poo

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:45pm | IP Logged
I love both madhuri and sridevi, they're both awesome in their own way. sridevi had spunk and spark, she was human personification of energy and vibe. some of her films figure in my all time favs specially chaalbaaz and laadla. 

madhuri was poetry in motion. she was feminine, elegant and had a screen presence stronger than all heroes put together. you could have amitabh and govinda dancing along with her in the same frame and yet you would only look at her. I loved some of her off beat films like mritryudand and anjaam. her little cameo in lajja was very powerful too.

personally I prefer madhuri over sridevi but only by a tiny margin. they both rock Big smile

p.s - I haven't seen lamhe so I can't really comment on the actual topic. hah.

Edited by CZ.. - 02 January 2011 at 12:49pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Rekha_jismarie-Mmmmm-eraserWhipCreamPantieprerna4rishav

Terenaina IF-Stunnerz
Terenaina
Terenaina

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
well I don't like overrated actress or actors. If I came to IF first and saw sridevi's movie than I would've never been a fan of hers. Thank God, I saw Sridevi's movies first...lol  I'm a huge fan of dancers and I loved her dancing songs. She's really a good actress also. I thought she was too good in the snake movie, she moved her body like a snake...lol became a huge fan of hers after that movie

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_cAbbyvivpria4ever

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Sridevi was an amazing dancer who had a lot of energy..her comic timing was pretty good..and like CZ said she had a lot of spunk. The only thing that was very annoying about her was her squeaky high voice, but if you got past that, then it was a pleasure to watch her onscreen.

Madhuri toh is a totally different story! Madhuri is more from my time..I grew up watching her and I totally adore her. She was a brilliant dancer, a good actress..I can go on and on..LOL

I never really considered Sridevi and Madhuri to be competitors to be honest. Madhuri ruled the late 80's and 90's. Sridevi ruled the 80's. I consider them to be like Rani and Kareena..Kareena's at the peak now. Rani's peak was 2000ish-2005.

Edited by chocolover89 - 02 January 2011 at 12:54pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyruschatpati900Abbyvivirene_cLamia17pria4everkoolchick-Mmmmm-prerna4rishav

-iktaara- IF-Dazzler
-iktaara-
-iktaara-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
I watched  chalbaaz and I am a fan of hers! Watch how she transform from this timid girl to bindaas chick...Girl is magic on the screen and has amazing screen presence. I loved her sadma, chandni, lamhe and many others...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

irene_c-Mmmmm-Kiran.prerna4rishav

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

again a nice topic for discussion erotic.... Smile

Coming to the topic... Why just Lamhe.... most of teh movies of those times if watched now we will find it tacky... the other day I was watching Maine pyar kiya... and i fast forwarded it... could not sit thru it... and it was my most fav movie once upon a time...

I think there are very few movies that can stand the test of time and be evergreen to watch....

Coming to Sridevi and Madhuri... they were never competitors... Sri's peak was in the mid to late 80's and Madhuri's was in the early to mid 90's....

Both were amazing actresses... since i grew up watching Madhuri... I prefer her...but definitely Sridevi had a massive fan following in those times... and unlike today those were the times when there was just a monopoly of one actress at a certain time with absolutely no competion... so definitely madhuri and Sridevi benifitted because of that too..

Edited by maddy1973 - 02 January 2011 at 1:18pm

pria4everWhipCreamPantieprerna4rishav

-iktaara- IF-Dazzler
-iktaara-
-iktaara-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
It's strange how I like neither of them when I was growing up..I was a big fan of Juhi Chawla and continued to remain so...

But I watched Madhuri in Devdas and Mrityudand and she blew me away...She was absolute poetry in Devdas. She played Chandramukhi to the perfection and can feel the pain she was going through. Mitryudand is another powerful movie of hers where the dance queen steps back and her acting was on display..This is clearly the reason why I love Prakash jha's storytelling...

chatpati900Beyond_the_Veilprerna4rishav

mj_applehead Goldie
mj_applehead
mj_applehead

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
 love lamhe and sridevi's performance in it but the way she speaks hindi is really annoying.kinda took away the charm from some of her performances but her expressions are spot on.loved sri's telugu films always though.she's such a delight.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ShadowKisses

Go to top