Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
guys when i started this topic i didn't mean to cause friction between anyone. ( i am taking physics so of course friction pops into my head) i really was interested in the cultures because of all these views i get from people all over. i just want to say to sania_hitler that i am muslim as well and asking about someone's culture or wanting to know about it doesn't mean that u can't actually have another one yourself. i mean my mom has said this that india and pakistan have a different culture because of different religions but taht doesn't mean that i cant respect someone else's culture. i also believe that it is the sign of an educated mind to hear someone's point of view without agreeing to it. i mean i might not agree with a lot of things that people say but that doesn't mean i dont respect their right to say it. and the thing about not being able to change each others point of views well that might be true but i believe that if u debate a little without anger/hate u end up lessening people's animosity because while they might not agree with u they start understanding u and ur beliefs and which helps a little.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "real culture or fake? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 4:16pm | IP Logged
zara! very well said. ClapClap

guys! lets not get carried away emotionally. this is a debate forum and we are bound to have difference of opinion. we should respect each member's outlook. 

Rindam

Rindam

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
zara, huni, it was a great topic that you started and I don't see that this debate really went too far spiralling dowward yet LOL . Your last point was very well made, Clap. I do see Sania_Hitler's point as well, there are several people in India as well that feel the advent of MTV and such are diluting or polluting Indian culture, I ask them to flip channels as well.

As a rule I try my level best not to debate on religion directly and you will never find me posting as such. My only request was to be a little more polite in referring to holy scriptures.

I'm sorry if I have offended anyone and have repeated this oft in every debate that I started or have been a part.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
mkzara well said Smile.
 Discussion on religon should either be avoided or handled with kid gloves.. I am sure Sania_Hitler did not realise her words were just not phrased well and could be interpreted wrongly . I am willing to bet she didn't mean to be disrespectfull .Smile

I think we all ought to remember talking about holy scriptures or the holy god one must use reverence and respect . In my opinion its better not to discuss it .Gut your topic was on the culture and social life and not religon ......but somewhere it went off track ! LOL

mkzara , hope you got some interesting info through the post you created . Smile And give my respect to your mom , whose taught you to respect other cultures. Approve

Edited by indygirl - 25 December 2005 at 8:22pm

anjali.nair

IF-Veteran Member

anjali.nair

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 8:28pm | IP Logged
i agree with rindam & indygirl. the discussion was about portrayl of culture in indian dramas but sania_hitler's remark was off the topic may be unintentionally.

mkzara! you seem a mature girl.

mkzara

Goldie

mkzara

Posted: 25 December 2005 at 10:16pm | IP Logged
awww. you guys r so sweet. i think i am mature too if only my mother would start believing that. Wink

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 12:28am | IP Logged
All Rite!
I read wht ever u ppl wrote ..........
    Though i Respect it........ and i hav always heard frm Elders that "be a good Listner......"
U all read wht i wrote........and u gav ur views ......it means u all r in a way to be a good listener........
I never meant to fight with u ppl or create a bad viornment.........But wht i felt sAd for is that u ppl R really not thinking Positively.........
I mentioned something which was written in Geeta by my facts.........
But i Later on i came to know that i was rong here....and i admit it......... Sorry 4 that......... wht i heard frm an Indian Padri.......I mentioned that over here.........but wht I fund here was that i was rong while mentioned it.....
   I really Admire and REspect wht ever u ppl said..........
   Coming across to Fake Culture........ As i agreed wid the point that wht ever they show iz really not real......And u all agreed wid this point too........
So whts the big deal???????? My dear
I appriciate ur views! And i come to knwo manythings frm ur replies..........
I respect the real Indian Culture(which is not shown in the dramas) And am in a way to learn more and more eevry day abut every and each religion...... For diz Reason i though that i shud mention that thing( Abt Parda(veil) In Geeta)
The real holy Indian books doesnt Exist in our todays world.......... So frm where i can find the reality......??????? ( am in a way to find that)
Next time I'll do care not to Post anything abt Religion.....
And wht more i come to know is that i really hurt u ppl by my Post........... Once again Am Sorry for that...........
Thats it...........

SuperDuper01

SuperDuper01

Posted: 26 December 2005 at 12:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bgdesai

Originally posted by Sania_Hitler

iz the main thing which is spolling our culture too and their own culture too......that is the basic reason y we r far away frm Reallity And Success..........but to wht use we watch that Stupid indian dramas..........

I don't have more to add apart from Indygirl and Rindam said. Both have said it all. Clap I could have never be able to explain the way they did. However, I would like to add to Sania_Hitler that to blame someone else for spoiling your culture and progress and success is not appropriate...be it country or individual one should be responsible for their own state. I personally believe that my views, my culture or my decisions in life should not be that weak that it gets affected by getting exposed to someone's else's culture or openion.

all rite fine! I agree with ur point that we shud b very strong, not to get affected by others culture.........
Actually the Thing is that..... am much dishearted by my own Pakistani citizens...........
hats y i wrote that thing...... I agreee that we r the ppl who change our selves.........
but am Happy now becoz Our Gov has banned the Zee channels......
   Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top