Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

real culture or fake?

mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
guys i was wondering if any of u watch indian shows that are on zee or sony and if u do then what do u think of the culture they show on it. i dont about india maybe they're really modern there but like i know that in pakistan we rn't that modern as they show in the tv shows in india. like my mom says that the culture they show in india such as when girls tell their parents that they wont get rid of a baby they have w/o getting married cause its not their childs fault and the child was from love isn't real. my mom says that cant possibly be india she says india is like pakistan and there is no way girls talk to their parents like that. what do u guys think. like is the culture they show really real?

Edited by mkzara - 21 December 2005 at 9:22pm

mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
thanx guys i feel really welcomed here by the outpour of response. i am so sure that u all responded to my topic but then like the computers must have malfunctioned and they must have all gotten lost. lol
amreen1409 IF-Dazzler
amreen1409
amreen1409

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:45pm | IP Logged
Well... since its pak. serial forum, it will be nice if we discuss about pakistan's culture.  And about this, I think media is not right in most of the things, and as we know that our media doesnt reflect our culture, it could be same thing in India as well.
mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by amreen1409

Well... since its pak. serial forum, it will be nice if we discuss about pakistan's culture. And about this, I think media is not right in most of the things, and as we know that our media doesnt reflect our culture, it could be same thing in India as well.

Point taken. i just view the paki and indian culture to be the same cause my mom insists they r the same and that the paki's have adopted a lot from india and the basic difference is the religion whcih changes some major things.
sameen Goldie
sameen
sameen

Posted: 21 December 2005 at 10:19pm | IP Logged
Well,i think indian drama are showing the wrong. Everyone respect their parents. That's what i think. Smile
Dashing Boy IF-Dazzler
Dashing Boy
Dashing Boy

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 3:25am | IP Logged
it's 100% fake!!!!!!!! none of the two medias reflecting our culture, they r just blindly trying to copy west.
sowmyaa IF-Dazzler
sowmyaa
sowmyaa

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 6:09am | IP Logged
India or Pakistan cannot be generalize as a whole. There are different class of people and different type of people. Majority of India is not like what they show on T.V. Kids don't talk back to their parents like they show on tv show, or as you said, unwed mothers dont give birth to babies everyday and stuff like that. But there are small group of people who in India or anyother country could be like what they show on tv. we've this saying in gujju -"kagda badhe kada" - crow are black everywhere. But ur mother is right it is not indian "culture" to talk back to parents or getting pregnant without being married. Even the way they dress and put make-up and stuff in their daily life on tv is not true for majority of indians.

There are my thoughts of what India I have lived and seen around me...some people may have different views then me.
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Posted: 22 December 2005 at 6:39am | IP Logged
agree with dashing boy,, Tongue Tongue

Go to top