Posted: 13 years ago

The girl in the picture is Katie Kirkpatrick, she is 21 . Next to her, her fianc, Nick, 23.
The picture was taken shortly before their wedding ceremony, held on January 11, 2005 in the US .
Katie has terminal cancer and spend hours a day receiving medication.
In the picture, Nick is waiting for her on one of the many sessions of chemo to end.

In spite of all the pain, organ failures, and morphine shots, Katie is going along with her wedding
of every detail. The dress had to be adjusted a few times due to her constant weight loss
and took care

An unusual accessory at the party was the oxygen tube that Katie used throughout the ceremony and reception as well.
The other couple in the picture are Nick's parents. Excited to see their son marrying his high school sweetheart.

Katie, in her wheelchair with the oxygen tube , listening to a song from her husband and friends

At the reception, katie had to take a few rests. The pain did not allow her to stand for long periods

Katie died five days after her wedding day. Watching a woman so ill and weak getting married and with a smile on her face makes us think….. Happiness is reachable, no matter how long it lasts .

We should stop making our lives complicated.

Life is short

Break the rules

forgive quickly

kiss passionately, love truly

laugh constantly

And never stop smiling

no matter how strange life is

Life is not always the party we expected to be

but as long as we are here, we should smile and be

grateful.

P.S- learn a lesson?? its not my own writing i got it as email, n i learn a great lesson then y not share wid u all, since u all my friendz=) please let ur other friends learn this lesson tell them to check out this topic n see what real life is😳<3

thank u so much for sharing it
its really very sweet n inspiring!

love
pooja
Hi Dear
Wow such a gr8 post!
And very true.
Thanks for sharing

LoveSurat.
@pooja: no prob share this story wid ur friends tell them to check this post if u can<3
@surat: hi dear thanks a lot dear, ur so right it is true<3

hey mehr this is truly an inspiring message loved it any1 can learn a gr8 lesson n thanx 4 the pm

luv
      --madiha--
awww this is very sweet, realli loved reading it :)
its very touchy thanks for sharing
Thanx for sharing it. It's so touching.

Awww.. Mehr Thaank u soo much for sharring it ! 🤗

wow this i svery touching and inspiring message