HUGE CONFUSION - BBB Vs Anjaana Anjaani

Posted: 13 years ago

i am so confused.......and the thing is really silly..

if u check out the sites boxofficeindia.com and bollywoodhungama.com u can see the reports of both band baaja baarat and anjaana anjaani...

both of these movies share the same status ' Above Average'

BUT I DONT UNDERSTAND how come anjaana anjaani is being called a failure where band baaja baarat is a success. how come?? only boxofficeindia has said tht anjaana anjaani was a sucess otherwise every other article or news say tht it was a flop where BBB is a success how can it be possible if they both did above average theatrical business all over.

again.......IT HAS NOTHING to do with the content of these movies...

i just wanna know why there is such a big difference b/w the two.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I just checked Wikipedia and found that there is a huge difference in the films' budget.

Anjaana Anjaani was made on a budget of Indian Rupee ₹?43

Whereas Band Baaja Baaraat was made on a budget of just Indian Rupee ₹?10.
Originally posted by: Star_No_1

I just checked Wikipedia and found that there is a huge difference in the films' budget.

Anjaana Anjaani was made on a budget of Indian Rupee ₹?43

Whereas Band Baaja Baaraat was made on a budget of just Indian Rupee ₹?10.

yes but accordingly to theatrically anjaana anjaani also did well...but i dont know why it was considered a failureπŸ˜•
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
box office performance is measured in terms of the amount of profit that the film makes.

if BBB and AA made received similar BO revenues, and if BBB's budget is significantly smaller than AA, then BBB had the bigger profit
^^word...plus...BBB had better word of mouth and had a progressive trend at the BO ever since its opening, because the BO collections sustained over the 4-5 weeks.....AA made money with the opening collections, but it was rejected by the general audience and couldn't sustain its initial performance, so the collections deteriorated and hence its called a flop..
^^ so shouldnt TMK, Blue and all those movies be considered flop as well.  I am so confused 😳
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Good question... eraser....

Regarding TMK... its very subjective.... πŸ˜‰ 

If you ask the Kat fans... they will say it was a hit....

If you ask the neutral fans... they will say it was an average.....

If you ask the SRK fans they will say.... it was a flop....

I call it a flop (fell by more than 85% after the first weekend, people complained of migraines etc etc) but I'm not a SRK fan...what does that mean then? πŸ˜‰
-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
πŸ˜† so even for the non SRK fans its a flop then.... πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† 

and coming to migraines... heard that somebody in Mumbai is suing Farah Khan for brain damage....
general rejection = flop

general acceptance = hit

general orgasmic acceptance = blockbuster or all time blockbuster