Debate Mansion

How do you handle it? (Page 3)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mindbender

Originally posted by tulipbaby53

Anyways, the purpose of my topic is: How do you debate with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about?

Don't debate with them if you 'think' that they are not worth it. Instead try to find out where they are coming from. It will be learning experience. You might learn that there is some emotional belief which is holding them from being rational or perhaps, they were right and your thinking was wrong.

In essence, what i want to press on is-- don't let off people as being stupid too soon. Often ,in my opinion, when people say something which you are not accustomed to hearing or feel irrational, instead of responding with an argument , if you just ask them to "Tell me more about it" , you'll benefit more.

But that all is idealistic. You can make fun of them at times and chuckle to yourself(for them not understanding) if you have some evil humour in you.LOL

Or perhaps if she were to put herself in their shoes she may see it betterLOL

But sometimes they may not be all wrong, but may have a small point.
So you can tell them "You do have a small point "LOL
rather than "You talk rubbish"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:53pm | IP Logged

Anyways, the purpose of my topic is: How do you debate with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about?

Don't debate with them if you 'think' that they are not worth it. Instead try to find out where they are coming from. It will be learning experience. You might learn that there is some emotional belief which is holding them from being rational or perhaps, they were right and your thinking was wrong.

In essence, what i want to press on is-- don't let off people as being stupid too soon. Often ,in my opinion, when people say something which you are not accustomed to hearing or feel irrational, instead of responding with an argument , if you just ask them to "Tell me more about it" , you'll benefit more.

But that all is idealistic. You can make fun of them at times and chuckle to yourself(for them not understanding) if you have some evil humour in you.LOL

interesting perspective! thanks for your reply as well!

yeah, sometimes i do find that i learn from people who give an out there kind of an argument. it is good to be objective and see where people are coming from with their opinions and ideas, but if you're talking facts and they are BSing, then it's harder to objective....
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

sometimes it's not worth getting in their shoes! LOL

i don't usually say anything more than, "hmm...could be..." LOL or "is that so?" Confused LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=tulipbaby53

[/QUOTE]

sometimes it's not worth getting in their shoes! LOL

i don't usually say anything more than, "hmm...could be..." LOL or "is that so?" Confused LOL
[/QUOTE]
Ah just joking. If you cannot fight them then join them.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tulipbaby53

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:00am | IP Logged
Looks like neend nahi aayi. try counting some sheep backwards.
gotta go for a meeting now.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:28am | IP Logged

LOL This is normal for me, but I will try sleeping because I have class tomorrow..err...later today! LOL
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged

LOL This is normal for me, but I will try sleeping because I have class tomorrow..err...later today! LOL
Ah I listened to Shael singing when I woke up in the middle of the night. Immediately went to dreamland again.
tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 04 January 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged

Ah I listened to Shael singing when I woke up in the middle of the night. Immediately went to dreamland again.

i woke up to my mom's yelling at around 7:00ish! LOL she wasn't yelling at me, but my brother, and she ended up waking me up too. Sleepy

Go to top