Why the channels cut some scenes from the movie?

Posted: 13 years ago

when I'm watching a movie I already watched on the hindi channel like for example zee channel, they cut scenes from the original movie

Today I was watching hum dil de chuke and they cut few scenes here and there. They cut the scene where salman was talking to helen in garden place. And they cut the way dholi baaje started. They cut the scene where salman is calling out to aish and she's running to him in the title song. And also few scenes as well.  I'm disappointed in the channels because they do that with some of the movies. I don't know why they do it

I was just wondering what can people do to tell zee or the other hindi channels to not do it
Edited by Terenaina - 13 years ago
sometimes they edit the climax because of the time limit they have if the film is too long they cut the unnecessary drag here n there 
Yeah it's basically so that they can fit a movie within a slotted time frame without conflicting with the other shows that are scheduled to be broadcast.

And if they're the international version of Zee tv, it's also done so they can maximize the amount of advertisements they can show (good thing I have DVR)😆
they have too many commericals...lol they should cut the ads, not the movie  (I have DVR also btw...hehe)

even sony tv sony max cut the action sequences i hate it..

they cut the whole karan arjun killing scene een koyla scene where ssrk runs behind the train amrish puri were standing on
Originally posted by Sallufanno1

even sony tv sony max cut the action sequences i hate it..

they cut the whole karan arjun killing scene een koyla scene where ssrk runs behind the train amrish puri were standing on
omg those are important scenes.... this is a real issue. I think channels should keep the scenes in their. If they want to cut anything from the movie atleast cut some songs or Cut their own commericals that keep repeating the same thing again and again
Edited by Terenaina - 13 years ago
You know what they should have cut out....the racy Emraan-Malika scene in Murder....I watched a few months back and they didn't cut it out...yeah it was on in the afternoon, but imagine if my parents were they....super AWKWARD!!!
@terenaina i know.. its was like what.. what
my brothers were watchign karan arjun they said damn. we want to see the whole death scene of karan arjun
lol

^^lol...they do cut some adult stuff out yaar sweet coca....i was watching shabd the other day and they cut out the supposedly intimate sequences between sanjay and ash......technically films with an adult certificate (i.e bold muvies) cannot be telecast before 10pm....its a rule so tht parents and families dunt get embarassed while watching tv with their kids....but i guess the channels are bending the rulez.....

hate it when channels cut scenes to fit into the time slot...its also kinda biased.....the other day hum saath saath hai was on and they didnt even cut 1 bloddy scene in the muvie when the entire muvie could have been condensed to 30 mins.....but when something like johnny gaddar cums where every scene is imp....they cut stuff out!!! arrrggh!!!
Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
Originally posted by sweet coco

You know what they should have cut out....the racy Emraan-Malika scene in Murder....I watched a few months back and they didn't cut it out...yeah it was on in the afternoon, but imagine if my parents were they....super AWKWARD!!!
That scene is what made the movie famous so I'm sure they will not cut it out😆