India-Forums

Laagi Tujhse Lagan
Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Mishals big mistake. (Page 2)

MrsKhan IF-Addictz
MrsKhan
MrsKhan

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged

All the people who have responded have said it all. If Dutta's role has been well written...credit also goes to MR for doing justice to it. Not every actor can do justice to a well written role. And anyways he is not quitting the show on a whim. I am sure IF he leaves before the show goes off air there will be enough reason for him to do so. After seeing his work I feel he has it in him to make it in movies vs other examples given by the topic starter. Also lets not forget Bollywood's Badshah started his career from TV.

Coming to films its tough to break into movies without belonging to a filmi family but its not impossible. So I wish him all the best and I hope he makes sensible career choices.

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

Keva-Fivr-Fishfishsub_rosadivy609rama_2010Jyoekadduu*dewdrop~pearl*shonapinkykhushix

artikb IF-Rockerz
artikb
artikb

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
@Sam1984 - I completely agree with your views becoz i too felt the same.For me its Datta patil which hooked me onto this serial and MR is popular becoz of this role.No doubt he is a great actor but whatever success he has got he owes it to Datta patil character and I somehow feel he wont fit Bollywood as he fits television industry and he will be doing a serious mistake if he leaves LTL midway to persue movie ambition(It some how reminds me of Amar upadhyay who left kyunki at its peak for bollywood and we know what happened to his movies)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kadduuspandana11

Fishfish IF-Dazzler
Fishfish
Fishfish

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:10pm | IP Logged
Dear Sam,

Everybody has already said whatever I wanted to say but will like to add something which the great AB himself has said...'In this film industry it is 99% luck and 1% hard work"....knowing AB and his humility I can only say he was being too polite for we know even at this age how dedicated and hard working he is...but then it is true, an actors life depends greatly on luck. There are no shortage of talent in Bollywood but less talented actors sometime with better luck get more recognition than it is due to them e.g John Abhraham...

I was reading somewhere Mishal is open to do any type of good films in anywhere in India.  Bollywood is not the only film Industry in India though it is the biggest, in Bengali Industry I am hearing many names who did regular TV at one time and now doing full time Bengali films and getting appreciated also...e.g Indraneil Sengupta....Yes he has a bengali name but I hear he hardly speaks the language, Rahul Bose...more comfortable with his Hindi/ English  than Bengali but is a regular feature, doing great job and getting awarded too....

Mishal is an exceptionally good actor, Iqbal Khan well I will reserve my comments on him and I hope MR really has the luck to pursue his dreams because talent he has....

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Kevadivy609kadduu*dewdrop~pearl*

cameroon16 IF-Dazzler
cameroon16
cameroon16

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 9:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sam1984

u guys I know that there's a lot of talk about mishal leaving LTL to pursue a career in bollywood , but I think he's forgetting that he's tried once before and he didn't really succeed , now lets look at why he's so popular at the moment ,
 Most importantly its his character that of Dutta Bau that everyone has fallen for , Mishal was really lucky to get this role and lets face it if another good looking talented guy was taken for the role (Iqbal khan) he would be just as popular . Mishal is making the biggest mistake of his life if he chooses to leave LTL caus bollywood is full of good looking talented guys , who are out of work and struggling i.e Vivek oberoi , Rajeev Khandelwal , Aftab shivdisani etc etc . We as fans really relate to him because of his character and unless he finds a role in bollywood similar to that of dutta patil , what new thing does he have to offer.  He's carved a niche for himself in Tellywood  and if he leaves it would be like apne hi pair main kolhare marna jaisa .  

When Vivek oberoi joined bollywood he debuted with Company where his portrayal of a gangster was an instant hit and we all know what happened after that even when he tried to do a similar charater in shoot out at lokhandwala he still couldn't resurrect his career. Even Pulkit Samrat left KSBKBT  to pursue bollywood do you guys know what happened to him? no neither do I .  People like Prachi desai have made it caus they have mentors like ekta kapoor who will give them a movie when they need it to help them  btw arn't Prachi and Tusshar kapoor constantly linked together. 

I hope someone explains to mishal that he has a good thing going and by leaving he's shooting himself in the foot , he may never get an opportunity like this ever again. if he wants to try his luck in films he can always take a break from the show to complete his shooting for the Movie . 

Completely agree

Bollywood is way too competitive
Already there are superstars  like shahid kapur, imran khan, ranbir kapoor, ranvir singh (latest entry)......
90% of the people who pursue bollywood after working in tellywood are not successful
AMANJP Newbie
AMANJP
AMANJP

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
There is always a very fine balance between building on your success, continuing with what made you successful and taking a risk / making a change. I feel Mishal can afford to continue with LTL till about Q2/3, when the show will have run out of steam (how long can they delay a logical conclusion), and then pursue bollywood where success is dependent on patronage /luck more than hard work or talent. Loom at AB jr-no looks, no talent, no charisma and still gets offersAngry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

FishfishMrsKhan

.scorpio10 IF-Rockerz
.scorpio10
.scorpio10

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AMANJP

There is always a very fine balance between building on your success, continuing with what made you successful and taking a risk / making a change. I feel Mishal can afford to continue with LTL till about Q2/3, when the show will have run out of steam (how long can they delay a logical conclusion), and then pursue bollywood where success is dependent on patronage /luck more than hard work or talent. Loom at AB jr-no looks, no talent, no charisma and still gets offersAngry

I agree ..in Bollywood ..most of time it based who hand u have on ur shoulder ...sometimes u r lucky becoz u got the ights stars ( SRK AngryAngryAngrysorry he again is someone  I do not like nd I have no answer y ) ...
Btw AB darling got the surname...pa and ma hands on him ....that the lighteyed is all over him ..But he not as bad as Vivek oberoi ...the poor guy leave me yawning

Edited by scorpio10 - 02 January 2011 at 1:37am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fishfish

skavitha08 IF-Dazzler
skavitha08
skavitha08

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:36am | IP Logged
i don know why but mish seems to be very sensible to me .....though i have always tried to figure out wht kind of person he is through articles n newspapers but still i feel he knows what he is doing n what he has to do to achieve what he aspires to....

so like fivr me too trust him with his decisions.....he should go ahead with what he feel like doing.....

all the best to him .......

Happy new year to all

LTL roCKS 

TaSHa rock

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mussy.jamshed

mussy.jamshed IF-Dazzler
mussy.jamshed
mussy.jamshed

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:53am | IP Logged
It's not fair if we attribute Mishal's success to this role of Dutta shriram Patil. No doubt, This character is very well sketched and written. But it's Mishal who has  Brilliantly portrayed it with great justice, hard work and intensity. He is quite exceptional as an actor. I have absolutely no doubt that Mishal will be Star in Bollywood too.. apart from Amitabh Bachchan , SRK also started off with Television. now we all know He is superstar in bollywood. I don't believe anyone can stop you from achieving your dreams. be it camping, lobbying or groupism any where.  TV or Cinema is such a medium, where no matter how much you promote yourself, at the end of the day its viewers who give their verdict by watching your work. I am sure Mishal will not leave LTL so soon, for me LTL is left with 5months life at maximum. He is very intelligent guy, and he will take right decision..

LTL is the only Indian serial I m watching. I did not like SP or other channel serials at all. I feel this is once in a lifetime kinda thing. I have all the prayers for Mishal to succeed in Bollywood, but I want him to stay in LTL for at least 4-5 months.Wink

I somehow feel Mishal Raheja has got in him what it takes ........He is good looking & exceptionally Talented. I will pray for his success in Bollywood too :)

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

KavitaDRKevadivy609kadduuFishfish-Carrie-

Go to top