Mishals big mistake.

ankita66 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
u guys I know that there's a lot of talk about mishal leaving LTL to pursue a career in bollywood , but I think he's forgetting that he's tried once before and he didn't really succeed , now lets look at why he's so popular at the moment ,
 Most importantly its his character that of Dutta Bau that everyone has fallen for , Mishal was really lucky to get this role and lets face it if another good looking talented guy was taken for the role (Iqbal khan) he would be just as popular . Mishal is making the biggest mistake of his life if he chooses to leave LTL caus bollywood is full of good looking talented guys , who are out of work and struggling i.e Vivek oberoi , Rajeev Khandelwal , Aftab shivdisani etc etc . We as fans really relate to him because of his character and unless he finds a role in bollywood similar to that of dutta patil , what new thing does he have to offer.  He's carved a niche for himself in Tellywood  and if he leaves it would be like apne hi pair main kolhare marna jaisa .  

When Vivek oberoi joined bollywood he debuted with Company where his portrayal of a gangster was an instant hit and we all know what happened after that even when he tried to do a similar charater in shoot out at lokhandwala he still couldn't resurrect his career. Even Pulkit Samrat left KSBKBT  to pursue bollywood do you guys know what happened to him? no neither do I .  People like Prachi desai have made it caus they have mentors like ekta kapoor who will give them a movie when they need it to help them  btw arn't Prachi and Tusshar kapoor constantly linked together. 

I hope someone explains to mishal that he has a good thing going and by leaving he's shooting himself in the foot , he may never get an opportunity like this ever again. if he wants to try his luck in films he can always take a break from the show to complete his shooting for the Movie . 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
he's not leaving LTL tho....he;s confirmed he isnt leaving nw... but wil b working harder 2 pursue a career in bollywood bt thts onli wen summut gd comes his way......so fingers crossed tht "tht something good" doesn't come until LTL is over...lol... m sure he wnt disappoint us!
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

@Sam: I agree that Mishal is popular because of "Dutta Bhao" at the moment, but the credit cannot be placed entirely on the character. 😳 The actor and his excellence in performing has just as much to do with his success as a well written role.

I'm not sure if Mishal has already tried his hands at movies, but if he has and if he didn't succeed then I'm sure there is always a next time. I personally don't know how the television or the movie industry works. But I do know that Mishal has a lot of talent and if he was given any other role - any thing else to do other than the character of Dutta Bhao - that he would do justice to that too. See the role is perfect for him because he's made it so with his portrayal of it. But I wouldn't typecast him just yet. The ability to own and personalize each character presented to him is indicative of a great actor. And I think Mishal has the ability to do that - should he choose to. So the fact that he hasn't made it in to the movie industry yet has nothing to do with his talent or lack of it there of.. At least in my opinion.

And I feel that if we wants to try his hands at something more, he should. Everything in life has a time and I'm sure LTL will run its course too. Instead of turning it into a drag fest, I would rather prefer that they end the show in a beautiful manner as all the loose ends tie themselves together. And if at that point, Mishal wants to go ahead and experiment with something else in his career, I don't think I'd hold it against him. He's an actor and ultimately most of them aspire to be seen on the big screen. So I can't hold that dream of his against him.πŸ˜†

If he doesn't make it, at least he'll know he tried. And I know for a fact that should he not make it into the film industry, that I wouldn't take that to be indicative of his lack of talent. But that's just me.. 😳

Aur yaar abhi toh kaafi time parha hai.. If and when he decides to leave, I'm sure there will be a worthwhile reason and a more concrete "offer" as opposed to just a whim to try something different. Mishal seems like a very put-together and sensible man - I totally trust his judgement as far as his career goes.. 😳
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
KavitaDR thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@fivr

I'm not sure if Mishal has already tried his hands at movies, but if he has and if he didn't succeed then I'm sure there is always a next time. I personally don't know how the television or the movie industry works. But I do know that Mishal has a lot of talent and if he was given any other role - any thing else to do other than the character of Dutta Bhao - that he would do justice to that too. See the role is perfect for him because he's made it so with his portrayal of it. But I wouldn't typecast him just yet. The ability to own and personalize each character presented to him is indicative of a great actor. And I think Mishal has the ability to do that - should he choose to. So the fact that he hasn't made it in to the movie industry yet has nothing to do with his talent or lack of it there of.. At least in my opinion.

And I feel that if we wants to try his hands at something more, he should. Everything in life has a time and I'm sure LTL will run its course too. Instead of turning it into a drag fest, I would rather prefer that they end the show in a beautiful manner as all the loose ends tie themselves together. And if at that point, Mishal wants to go ahead and experiment with something else in his career, I don't think I'd hold it against him. He's an actor and ultimately most of them aspire to be seen on the big screen. So I can't hold that dream of his against him.πŸ˜†

If he doesn't make it, at least he'll know he tried. And I know for a fact that should he not make it into the film industry, that I wouldn't take that to be indicative of his lack of talent. But that's just me.. 😳

Aur yaar abhi toh kaafi time parha hai.. If and when he decides to leave, I'm sure there will be a worthwhile reason and a more concrete "offer" as opposed to just a whim to try something different. Mishal seems like a very put-together and sensible man - I totally trust his judgement as far as his career goes.. 😳
[/QUOTE]

Dear Fivr,

Happy New Year to you.

I keep hearing about your tins but never really has the chance to read one as I joined the Forum quite late in the year... do send me a link whenever you get a minute...Would love to read it. So much of the forum lingo is so foreign to me as I have never really delved into short forms😳

To come back to Mishal, I join you in echoing the same thoughts. I feel that it would be totally selfish of his fans (at least the forum's) to try and dissuade him from pursuing a career in cinema. Shilpita mentioned somewhere that the current Bollywood scene is so rife with some form of groupism that it might be difficult for MR to prove his mettle. But as you say, he seems to be a sensible person with enough intelligence  to make the right choices. I have, personally, written in one of my post that he could give countless of the struggling and even the established male actors a run for their money if he makes it as he has got so much talent.

LTL, despite its flimsy storyline, actually, owes its success to Mishal as he has breathed so much life in this character making it larget than life. I would say go for it Mishal, you have got it all, the looks, the talent, the steely determination and more importantly the star aura that the other actors mentioned by Sam may have yet lacking in intensity.

We would want to see him grow and given proper recognition and no one has the right to hold his dreams against him, least of all the fans who do not stop to shout their adulationon the "roof tops" of the forum...We have even managed to annoy the great Pranjal Saxena who is supposed to have referred to him as our favourite man!πŸ˜†
Edited by KavitaDR - 13 years ago
ImmaculateDream thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
hm.... Tv has always been a stepping stone for Actor..and MR is no exception as well.. He always wanted to try his Luck in bollywood.. and If things would have gone fine a couple of years back he would have made his debut with Anurag basu by now...  

I remember he was always very enthusiastic abt getting into bollywood... thats why he disappeared completely post "love story"  .. 

one thing im sure of... what ever he will chose it wont be ordinary and i will be looking forward to it...  :-)  he is ON for the offers.. but nothing of That sort has came his way i think... 

coming back to LTL..  we better stop worrying now..... as  i had  already shared  that the Guy has been immensely touched and moved by all the love  showered by his fans .. Thats why he cared to rubbish of all the rumors abt him leaving the show. .... he will not leave the show till it comes to its end.. Cant say abt the Channel though ..but even they are aware! Everyone right from the channel , PH and Audience KNOWS its MR who is the Life of the Show.. whether they like it or not.. so they cant afford to do anything stupid regarding that .. 

so instead of worrying .. enjoy the show ...:-)

-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@Kavita: I am so embarassed! My TINs really aren't that big a deal.. 😳 Woh toh everyone in the forum is so encouraging and loving that they've made them sound better than they are. But I'll PM you the link to one of them, if you want.

LOL! @Pranjal Saxena being annoyed. *sigh* I guess having a talented actor in your midst comes with a great price.. 🀣🀣
Edited by -Fivr- - 13 years ago
Pyari_Zahra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

I don't think there is much for me to add, as the guys above me have said everything really. But I just want to agree with Fivr's point that it is not all due to the characterisation that has made Dutta Bhao popular- Mishal has breathed life into the role, without Mishal Raheja there would be no Dutta Shriram Patil, and I don't think any other actor would have been able to do it complete justice as Mishal has. Surely Iqbal Khan, no offence to his fans, after watching that wedding sequence in SBS about Sangini (which was pretty similar to LTL's wedding sequence) I don't think he would have been able to do as much great a job playing Dutta as MR has- MR has been the perfect fit from day one, which is why we have adored the character so much. And I don't think MR is a one trick pony, he would easily be able to get into the skin of any character he chooses to play.

But anyway, yes, this is one of the fears I have when seeing actors that I love watching try their hand at cinema- yet I don't know, it's difficult to describe with MR, because he certainly is in a different league, and surely talent should matter above everything else? Now this is just an example, look at Ranveer Singh, from BBB- he got a break, na? The producers saw that sparkle, that talent in him and cast him for the film- I'm just hoping that Mishal has the same luck. Like Kavita said, why feel disappointed over his decision, when it has been his dream, a dream that he has longed to fulfil- surely as fans we should support rather than put him down. We should have faith and expect him to take the right decisions, because he is a very smart individual indeed.

Love Zahra x
.scorpio10 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hi Guys

Y worry abt tommo , think abt today .... nd njoy

If MR has to leave to fulfill his dream ... he got every right to do so .

Common ppl , everyone has a dream in life nd we all work towards it  .. why single one person out , what kind of appreciation is this ( sorry if I offended someone ..holding  my ears. But it is my POV  ) ..

All , I want to say ,MR it is ur dream ....leave no stone unturned or loop holes ...if u r ready to take plunge and  the right opportunity comes ur way  ..Grap it .

I agree  LTL gave u a boost.... a plat form and it would not  be the same with not  u .. But that it is not end of the world  and ppl will still like and appreciate ur work if u r  good

Also it is best to go after ur dream than regret it later than u never tried... becoz u never know what in store for u

Edited by scorpio10 - 13 years ago
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

All the people who have responded have said it all. If Dutta's role has been well written...credit also goes to MR for doing justice to it. Not every actor can do justice to a well written role. And anyways he is not quitting the show on a whim. I am sure IF he leaves before the show goes off air there will be enough reason for him to do so. After seeing his work I feel he has it in him to make it in movies vs other examples given by the topic starter. Also lets not forget Bollywood's Badshah started his career from TV.

Coming to films its tough to break into movies without belonging to a filmi family but its not impossible. So I wish him all the best and I hope he makes sensible career choices.
ramathi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@Sam1984 - I completely agree with your views becoz i too felt the same.For me its Datta patil which hooked me onto this serial and MR is popular becoz of this role.No doubt he is a great actor but whatever success he has got he owes it to Datta patil character and I somehow feel he wont fit Bollywood as he fits television industry and he will be doing a serious mistake if he leaves LTL midway to persue movie ambition(It some how reminds me of Amar upadhyay who left kyunki at its peak for bollywood and we know what happened to his movies)