Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

One Last Hope (SeHa/VarNi/MishTi ff) (Page 6)

monikaseth IF-Sizzlerz
monikaseth
monikaseth

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 12:15am | IP Logged
great update well going thank you for pm contii soon.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

apzy

ilyasesha Goldie
ilyasesha
ilyasesha

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
lovely part

apzy

felicitysmoak. IF-Stunnerz
felicitysmoak.
felicitysmoak.

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
awesome update
loved it loadz
cant wait 4 da next part
con soon
thanks 4 da pm

apzy

swetha10 IF-Sizzlerz
swetha10
swetha10

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
wow nice one.. continue soon

apzy

sg-muskaan IF-Dazzler
sg-muskaan
sg-muskaan

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
heyyyyyyyy Apzy  Hugnow im rite Embarrassed
it was nice part!
lovely  work gosh
luv
muskaan

apzy

apzy Goldie
apzy
apzy

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Thanks for all your nice comments guys but it really was a crappy part and don't I know it! So I figured that I should update the chapter I recently finished. A lot more is revealed so I hope you guys like it. I know the characters aren't exact copies of the dmg ones, I've altered them quite a  bit.

Drashti

So the bad news is, my engagement is tomorrow because my dad has cancer and wants to see me married before he dies. Funnily enough, I did have the option and my opinion in getting engaged did hold importance, it could ultimately ruin my life but I just decided to get engaged because I saw how much happiness it brought to my dad. I also told my fiance that all this is just a big 'act' so we are not actually taking things very seriously. He was doubtful at first but he reluctantly agreed after my pleading, he thought it would be his little study escape to Mumbai. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad.

The other bad news is straight-forward. My dad has cancer. Brain tumour, stage 3.

All my life, I have been trying so hard to get out of my little village, full of 'traditional' values such as women don't work and get married very early. Of course, I believe that these weren't always our traditions but knowing us humans, we like to twist things and get an ultimately different meaning out of everything. I believe strongly that twisting things is what made the cast system so restricted. I'm not entirely sure about some of the traditions but I'm sure I'm not too far off. So that was my family. Traditional. Not in a good way.

I absolutely love my parents, don't get me wrong and I would do anything for them but not give away my freedom (if I had any in that village). I wasn't the type of girl to do that; I needed freedom and a boundless life. Mumbai was the place I wanted to go, to fulfil all my wishes and dreams of being a career woman with a good income.

So, I left home. I said I wanted to go and I that's exactly what I would do, I made it very clear that I wasn't just going to sit in the kitchen and raise kids. I learnt martial arts from a young age, apparently there had been a few rapists around a few years ago so there was a perfect excuse to convince my family and a great incentive for me to try it. I had also managed to learn sword fighting and since my brother went there too.

Of course, if I managed to do all that being a girl, breaking out of my house although everyone knew about my plans, wasn't the hardest thing possible. I didn't tell anyone where I was going but I had kept a regular habit of checking on my family every fortnight by going to my village. Sometimes I didn't always manage but I tried my best. They did try to keep me there by doing all sorts of things, but they always failed.

My parents had realised that nothing was going to keep me from chasing my ambitions so ultimately, they decided to stop trying to shorten my visions and setting limits on my life, instead they let me go so that I received no resistance to my ideas.

Until the idea of my marriage. No one forced me to get married but guys kept coming round to 'see' me although they all knew I wasn't ready for marriage yet. So I kept postponing before I realised the terrible incident with my dad.

When my mum told me that dad had cancer, I just couldn't believe it. How could he have cancer? He was just fine a fortnight ago, so how could this have happened? Inevitably, I took 3 days off to care for my dad and well, get engaged. I promised him I would take him to Mumbai with me in a few weeks time because I knew he also had a secret passion of visiting new places and there would be better treatment. I realised he needed some time with relatives so I didn't drag him to Mumbai but I definitely consulted the doctors and took advice and some prescriptions.

I had been trying to be strong and everything but I did break down in tears. There was only so much Drashti Dhami could handle. And my dad getting cancer was definitely not on my 'can handle' list. Definitely not. I seemed to be stronger than everyone else, like a shoulder for them to cry on. Little did they know that I had already drowned in my tears inside.

All the memories had come flooding (I didn't mean to get so watery: tears, flooding, drowned but I have a very good excuse) back and I made a scrapbook out of all the photo albums there were available. I collected many photos and stuck them onto separate pages, describing what I could remember of those moments. Yes, it did take a long time but it wasn't like sleep came very easily at night, so I decided to do that. I would take it to my father who would sit with me and laugh at the photos, I nearly smiled at that thought.

Getting engaged was like basically half an hour, or well, it felt like that. I had made a compromise that it would just be at home and nothing fancy or anything. It was a bit of a mini engagement but all the important rituals did take place.

Through all the absurdity in my life, I thought, 'how funny would it be when I would turn up and say that 'Yeh mera mangethar hai.' I took another look at my fiance, I did know his name. It was Rajesh. He did look like husband material and not village-like at all. He had studied in the U.K. so obviously he wouldn't be all 'gao ka gora'. Actually the film was called 'gao ki gori' but surely I could still use it for the opposite gender too?

Here I am thinking about college when my dad is going to go to surgery in a few seconds. I mentally chastised myself for being so shallow and uncaring. Then I realised that I should enjoy life and appreciate the little details, I mean I was already depressed enough already, I didn't need to convince myself to stay away from the little happiness's of life. Thinking about college wasn't uncaring I concluded. Since when did I become so philosophical?

The doctor came out and said a few caring words. I smiled sadly at my dad while I handed my dear dad's life to the steady hands of the surgeons from the trembling hands of my own. I thought of how much I had hurt him sometimes because of my actions. When I ran away, when I refused to listen to my parents, when everyone had laughed at my family. All these times I had hurt him so much. I tried to push away my guilt thinking that my life would have been so different and boring if I hadn't done that.

I hoped for the best and sat down with Rajesh, maybe we could have a conversation regardless of the situation.

'Sorry Drashti, kash humari engagement koi acche circumstances me hoti. It's not fair on you.'

I had a silly urge to laugh mockingly and say that our engagement would have never happened in 'normal circumstances'. But it was just highly inappropriate and all I would achieve is making him feel bad. After all, he was just trying to help me here. Stress was really coming down on me and I had to stop feeling so irritable.

'It's not fair. Mere papa ek bahut acche aadmi the, unhe yeh sab kyun?' I stopped to regain control, I would not start sobbing madly and pierce the silence with my hysteria. Although the atmosphere here was far from tranquil, it was so thick with tension it was suffocating me, but it still would not be helpful if I created some drama. Be strong, be strong. I repeated to myself in my head, to help me keep sane. I fought hard not to give in to the grief and madness that was slowly eating away my insides and remained very still.

"I don't know Drashti. Life is hard and unfair." He sighed thoughtfully. I wondered if he had lost someone he loved. I wondered why he was here to marry and if he actually wanted to. He had studied in the U.K. and his parents were probably well off and maybe not so traditional. Traditional, the word was enough to make me think of my dad again.

I stayed there for a very long time, I knew that this was probably a surgery that my dad would survive but I still didn't like the fact that there was a chance. I also hated the fact that I was just sitting here, hopelessly and helplessly. I couldn't do anything to help, I just couldn't do anything. Feeling extremely frustrated now, I went to get a glass of water.

I tried to calm myself again but I felt a tear leaking out of the edge of my tired eyes. I immediately wiped it away and hurried outside. I managed to hide somewhere and cried my heart out. Starting off with crying, I went to noisy sobs and then to hysteria. My knees gave way and I let the salty stream of water run down my face without making any effort to wipe it away. I don't know till how long I was there but I had really needed a refuge. A place where I could let all my emotions explode.

After my therapeutic crying session, I realised that there was hope and hope was really everything for my dad.  

Edited by apzy - 06 April 2011 at 3:14pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sg-muskaanbmtdluver

monikaseth IF-Sizzlerz
monikaseth
monikaseth

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 7:42am | IP Logged
wow good one thank you for pm

apzy

ilyasesha Goldie
ilyasesha