**IMPORTANT Announcement - MUST READ**Reply on Pg1

Dancingdoll thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 13 years ago

Hi All,

This post has been long due and my apologies that i couldn't bring this on before. Blame it all on my Boss! *Innocent Muh* ๐Ÿ˜†

As we begin our Newyear, there are few aspects regarding our code of conduct in the forum, that we need to keep in mind. I am extremely saddened with the recent code of conduct by many members and inspite of repeated warnings, there hasnt been any improvements. Please ensure you keep the following aspects in mind before posting your views in the forum:

*No comparisions between Jodis or other shows*
Since the origination of the Rahul-Sam characters, we have seen a demarcation develop between the Rahul-Sam and Shaan-Khanak fan bases. While this is acceptable and absolutely natural, what is not permissible is the constant pot shots taken at each other. Please note that the new characters are here to stay for now, cameo or permanent. As a member, you are welcome to provide constructive feedback about the jodis, but you cannot attack a member on his opinion or bash an actor. You can ask for change in BG Music, Dialogues, improvement in Picturization, no abrupt endings to scene etc but comparision between jodis, characters, actors or shows will not be acceptable. The key to survival is to thrive in midst of varied opinions and not when everyone subscribes to yours. Any future snide comments will be dealt severely, be it in CV's thread or critics corner.It's not just the Development team's responsibility to keep the forum clean and maintain the harmony. As members of this forum, its an individual's moral responsibility to ensure harmonious interaction and maintain the sense of being ONE.

Reference from IF Rule book-
Bashing/Personal Attacks: Bashing and making personal attacks against any actor/actress/CVs/members is not allowed. Make sure members know the difference between bashing and criticism. A critic is one who discusses things in perspective, never loses objectivity and states things in a logical and constructive way. But a basher is one, who states the points a bit too heavily such that, it no longer looks like criticism but looks like a total attack. Everyone have their own point of view let's respect it. You have right to raise your opinion but one should see lines ain't crossed. Avoid making posts that are abusive, derogatory, insulting or sarcastic enough to affect the sentiment of another member. This is against IF COC and won't be tolerated.

Keep a control on your sarcasm. If the mods feel that your post is no longer critiquing, but is full of sarcasm/attacks... that will be held against you.

*Attacking Community, Nation or any particular group*
We have lately seen countless posts attacking community such as Indian Women, India and many fundamental groups or communities. Please understand that attacking a community is a common cause of an uproar and this doesn't fall under the IF Norm. Please be sensitive while expressing your views in the forum.

*Duplicate Posts*
I would request the members to once sneak around before posting their topic on the forum and verify that the subject of your topic does not already exist. We have been seeing reoccurence of Duplicate posts in abundance and this be not be tolerated in future.

*Topics posting Pictures*
I hope you all have done a thorough research of your forum. If not, Please take some time out and check the sticky posts. One of them is exclusively dedicated to Pictures. Please ensure that there are no topics opened posting pictures. All pictures will go in the Picture Gallery.

*Articles from competitors' site*
I would like to remind you that posting Tellychakkar articles are against IF Norms. You cannot post articles from any competitor's site. However, you can provide the summary of the information you might have gathered in your own words.

*Choose the "Report" Button*
With the increase in chaos in the forum, the best way to keep the forum clean is to click on the "Report" button of the post you find offensive and not following the IF Norms. Nabila, Veena and I really try to reach every corner of the forum but we are not omnipresent. Hence, we need your help in joining forces and keeping the forum clean of snide comments. Taking up situations in your hands can aggravate it. Development Team is much more equipped to handle any such uneasiness. We promise to investigate the post and if they fail in any counts of IF Rules, we would definitely take appropriate action.

*Comparision between RBO and other shows starring Karan T*
We are seeing a constant resurgence of fan bases of different shows starring Karan. The topics attack the RBO Characters/Actors or compare the two shows. We would strongly suggest that YOU DO NOT RESPOND to such posts and immediately hit the "REPORT" button. Not responding will help us clear the confusion of the real root causers of the chaos and also stop the chaos from aggravating. We at the Dev Team will be able to single out the post causing issues and take appropriate actions. 

I do understand that we all love RBO and get very attached to the characters but that does not give us rights to take shots at anyone's opinion or curb their right to express themselves, as long as its within IF Norms. Needless to say, any future deviations from IF Norms would result in an increase in Warning levels severely.

Having said that, I do not want to see any more instances or complaints of members being driven away from the forum with teary eyes, after being attacked by other fan bases or snide comments. We have been friends since a long time and lets re-live our friendship once again. Don't close your doors to new members, extend your family and show them your warmth. This forum is for all and everyone has a right to express their opinion. Learn to put on other's shoes.

Please read the responses to some of your queries below.

Thanks,
RBO Dev Team

Edited by Dancingdoll - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tofeeees thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

DD!๐Ÿค— your post is one of the best things i've seen ALL day! Thank you SO much! ๐Ÿค— Love you loads! i read it araam araam say taking in each word lol๐Ÿ˜† keeping aside the seriousness of the post, did you know you are a brilliant writer?!๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ i'm suddenly missing your updates like before :( and i'm starting to also dislike your boss! Hope you;re feeling better DD Loads of hugs!

Edited by tofeeees - 13 years ago
The_May_Rose thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Hello ND....Hope you are feeling better๐Ÿค—....Really missed you aroung the forum๐Ÿ˜Š.....
Dancingdoll thumbnail

Additional Point to ponder -

*Comparision between RBO and other shows starring Karan T*
We are seeing a constant resurgence of fan bases of different shows starring Karan. The topics attack the RBO Characters/Actors or compare the two shows. We would strongly suggest that YOU DO NOT RESPOND to such posts and immediately hit the "REPORT" button. Not responding will help us clear the confusion of the real root causers of the chaos and also stop the chaos from aggravating. We at the Dev Team will be able to single out the post causing issues and take appropriate actions. 
OlicityFan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
got it DD!!.....will TRY and follow the rules.... ;)
wyh  r u not updating anymore??. ;(...though others r doin a fab job!
Dancingdoll thumbnail
Some members had few concerns. Please find my reply to your concerns -

First and Foremost, I would like to clear one resurging confusion here - The rules cited by Development team is NOT restricted to a particular thread. It applies universally and no thread or member gets any right to deviate from them, be it Critics corner. Development Team constantly posts warnings on other threads too.

Also, Critics Corner thread was created just as a means to converge all the "constructive criticism" in one corner. It did not attain special rights to deviate from the IF Rules. The rules remain the same,
- Be constructive while providing criticism
- Do not compare actors, characters or shows
- No Derogatory or profane language
- No communities or groups will be attacked.
- Be sensitive to other members and tone down your aggression.
A critic corner was not a means to deviate from these rules but to clean the forum of the multitude of criticism mushrooming in various threads. This was a customized decision personal to the RBO Forum and has nothing to do with bending IF Rules. One can open topics on criticism as long as the topics are distinct but the Mods and members decided to converge it into one thread and hence, this thread.

Also, as I have stated above, the Development Team tries reaching every corner of the forum but we are not omnipresent. If you see any bashing or comparision, then hit "Report" Button but please do not take the matters in your hands or try retaliating by bashing in a Tit for Tat mode. Bashing is never an answer to Bashing.

The Personal attack will be dealt with appropriately. Reiterating, please hit the "Report" button when such instances are seen. Also, It is at times important to see if we are initiating aggression or replying to an aggression which resulted in the personal attack. After all, a condusive atmosphere is a collaborative effort.

Unfortunately, I do understand that critics corner is looked as a chunk radiating negative vibes but as long as we keep our tone and aggression in control, we should be OK in interacting on any thread, including the Critics corner. If you are sensitive in expressing your displeasure, your post is within IF norms and the content of your post pertains to the subject of the topic, noone can stop you from expressing your feelings. Any such curb to freedom can be brought to the Development team's notice.

Last but not the least, we at Development team DO NOT stop members from pointing out flaws in characters or track. We DO NOT stop members from requesting the prominence of any pair in the show because that is their opinion and its a forum for all. Irrespective of our personal feelings on a matter, a Development team rises high and views the content solely against the IF Norms. We do not judge the content against our personal opinions. What we do expect from our responsible crowd/members is to be constructive, sensitive and tone down their aggression. We expect them to revise their lingo in public forum and not take potshots. There is a difference between Bashing and constructive feedback.

Thanks,
RBO Dev Team
-Deepali- thumbnail
Thanks dd for your post and suggestion ๐Ÿ˜†we will follow them๐Ÿ˜†
thank you DANCINGDOLL....we have some hopes from you...

tilll next time if we see bashing of rasam unneccesary we will hit the report button...and we do hope that prominent action shall be taken..

_sana.Magic_ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thnx DD[nikki].............
adeelahuju thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
nice post.. we would definietly try to follow all the rules..

thanks..