Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

Her tryst with reality (Mona)

blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 12:54pm | IP Logged
Her tryst with reality
Srabanti Chakrabarti

She is one of the best success stories of the small screen, having taken the entire nation by storm in her first show. She was an actress who lived her role on and off-screen to the hilt.

reality show queen Mona SinghMona Singh achieved iconic status for her role in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Not seen in many daily soaps, she tasted success once again after winning the first season of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. Later she hosted the same show as well as another reality show, Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega. And now, she is back on television, hosting Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 4.

"Working on Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin for three years has taught me a lot as an actress," says Mona while talking about the days when she had to be dressed as Jassi for all her public appearances. But, despite her success after Jassi..., Mona wasn't seen on television.

Why so? Explains the actress, "I guess Jassi made me greedy. After the show ended, I started looking for more performance-oriented roles. Sadly, there aren't such roles for actresses on television." The only other daily soap Mona worked on after Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was Radha Ki Betiyan, where she was paired opposite Apoorva Agnihotri. But the audiences still fondly remember her has Jassi.

During her brief hiatus from the small screen, Mona tried her luck in the Hindi film industry. She signed a film with Bobby Pushkarna (producer of Page 3), but that project was shelved. Later, she bagged a role in Raj Kumar Hirani's 3 Idiots as Kareena Kapoor's elder sister.

But before she started working in Hindi films, Mona also worked in a few reality shows as no good roles were coming her way. She won the first season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa along with her choreographer Toby. Here is was actress who can act and dance! Was she always enamoured by dancing? Says Mona, "I love dancing but I never dreamt that I will win a dance reality show one day!"

After Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Mona participated in a few other reality shows — Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena and Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano and won both! India had a new reality show queen. But her association with reality shows was not limited to participation.
Mona started hosting shows as well. She managed to host two consecutive seasons of Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega with Vishal Malhotra and won accolades for her work. "Only after hosting this show, I realised that our country is a storehouse of such impressive talent," says Mona. But why did Mona Singh move to hosting? "Hosting reality shows gives me a lot of pleasure. It is an art. Connecting with your audience and maintaining a rapport and co-ordination with your co-host is a challenge," explains the actress.

So what next for Mona Singh? "I am taking my film career more seriously. I have two projects lined up with Vinay Pathak. I play the lead role in both the movies. The first film is titled Laxman Rekha, which is a comedy film, while Utt Patang is a comic-thriller," she explains.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/125438/her-tryst-reality.html

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

naj7poo_scoolpratznycsweetie

poo_s IF-Dazzler
poo_s
poo_s

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blyton

Her tryst with reality
Srabanti Chakrabarti

She is one of the best success stories of the small screen, having taken the entire nation by storm in her first show. She was an actress who lived her role on and off-screen to the hilt.

reality show queen Mona SinghMona Singh achieved iconic status for her role in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin. Not seen in many daily soaps, she tasted success once again after winning the first season of the dance reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa. Later she hosted the same show as well as another reality show, Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega. And now, she is back on television, hosting Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa season 4.

"Working on Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin for three years has taught me a lot as an actress,"EmbarrassedEmbarrassed says Mona while talking about the days when she had to be dressed as Jassi for all her public appearances. But, despite her success after Jassi..., Mona wasn't seen on television.

Why so? Explains the actress, "I guess Jassi made me greedy. After the show ended, I started looking for more performance-oriented roles. Sadly, there aren't such roles for actresses on television." The only other daily soap Mona worked on after Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was Radha Ki Betiyan, where she was paired opposite Apoorva Agnihotri. But the audiences still fondly remember her has Jassi. (now I wonder would have she agreed to do this cameo if it wasnt opposite WinkLOL)

During her brief hiatus from the small screen, Mona tried her luck in the Hindi film industry. She signed a film with Bobby Pushkarna (producer of Page 3), but that project was shelved. Later, she bagged a role in Raj Kumar Hirani's 3 Idiots as Kareena Kapoor's elder sister.

But before she started working in Hindi films, Mona also worked in a few reality shows as no good roles were coming her way. She won the first season of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa along with her choreographer Toby. Here is was actress who can act and dance! Was she always enamoured by dancing? Says Mona, "I love dancing but I never dreamt that I will win a dance reality show one day!"

After Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Mona participated in a few other reality shows ' Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena and Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano and won both! India had a new reality show queen. ClapBig smileBut her association with reality shows was not limited to participation.
Mona started hosting shows as well. She managed to host two consecutive seasons of Entertainment Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega with Vishal Malhotra and won accolades for her work. "Only after hosting this show, I realised that our country is a storehouse of such impressive talent," says Mona. But why did Mona Singh move to hosting? "Hosting reality shows gives me a lot of pleasure. It is an art. Connecting with your audience and maintaining a rapport and co-ordination with your co-host is a challenge," explains the actress.

So what next for Mona Singh? "I am taking my film career more seriously. I have two projects lined up with Vinay Pathak. I play the lead role in both the movies. The first film is titled Laxman Rekha, which is a comedy film, while Utt Patang is a comic-thriller," she explains.( waiting for this 2 films to release Tongue)

thanks blyton for this article Smile
blyton IF-Rockerz
blyton
blyton

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by poo_s

Her tryst with reality
Srabanti Chakrabarti

"Working on Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin for three years has taught me a lot as an actress,"EmbarrassedEmbarrassed says Mona while talking about the days when she had to be dressed as Jassi for all her public appearances. But, despite her success after Jassi..., Mona wasn't seen on television.

Why so? Explains the actress, "I guess Jassi made me greedy. After the show ended, I started looking for more performance-oriented roles. Sadly, there aren't such roles for actresses on television." The only other daily soap Mona worked on after Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin was Radha Ki Betiyan, where she was paired opposite Apoorva Agnihotri. But the audiences still fondly remember her has Jassi. (now I wonder would have she agreed to do this cameo if it wasnt opposite WinkLOL)

After Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Mona participated in a few other reality shows ' Ek Khiladi Ek Haseena and Arre Deewano Mujhe Pehchano and won both! India had a new reality show queen. ClapBig smileBut her association with reality shows was not limited to participation.

So what next for Mona Singh? "I am taking my film career more seriously. I have two projects lined up with Vinay Pathak. I play the lead role in both the movies. The first film is titled Laxman Rekha, which is a comedy film, while Utt Patang is a comic-thriller," she explains.( waiting for this 2 films to release Tongue)

Now don't be naughty, Poo...of course it's a mere coincidence that she had the same lead actor in both her serials! Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_s

nycsweetie IF-Sizzlerz
nycsweetie
nycsweetie

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
thx for sharing
poo_s IF-Dazzler
poo_s
poo_s

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 7:09pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by poo_s

Her tryst with reality
Srabanti Chakrabarti

Now don't be naughty, Poo...of course it's a mere coincidence that she had the same lead actor in both her serials! Wink
now dont think otherwise Angry..I m innocent Evil Smile

blyton

.shona. IF-Sizzlerz
.shona.
.shona.

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 9:20pm | IP Logged
mona has an amazing personality...looking forward to her movies! =D

blyton

Sanu4u IF-Rockerz
Sanu4u