India-Forums

Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai
Sapna Babul Ka...Bidaai

Year Gone By & Year Ahead - Channel Honchos Speak

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 10:22am | IP Logged
Somthing which caught my attention with the telebuzz news.

TellyBuzz gives you an exclusive conversation with the Channel Heads of few Hindi GECs, wherein they talk of the year gone by and the year ahead..

Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, Star India:

Five Gains from the Year 2010 from the channel's perspective.
We have really broad based in our content and we brought in a variety of shows wherein at 7PM there is a complete family based and Saas Bahu drama, Saathiya, which is now doing extremely well.  At 7:30 there is yet another show which is a family oriented show that is loved by all. The shows at 8 and 8:30 are shows of high drama and with Gulaal at 9PM, we brought a completely different show with a rural backdrop. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain at 9:30 has made the mark and is doing very well which the viewers enjoy even today. Tere Liye portrays a complete love story. After 10:30 there are shows which have bold concept and strong protagonists.  These were the fiction shows that hit the screens this year. With Master Chef, we have brought in a different concept of reality show that people never expected to be brought that too with Akshay Kumar, and regarding the dance and song reality shows also, there has been a variety. Even though the media has a second thought about this, Star Plus has the biggest variety shows in Television.  

From the strategic point of view, this year had been great as we have been doing Maha Episodes for which we received good response and for the same reason we started keeping it on Sundays too. We have been staying consistent in giving the viewers afternoon shows without repeating a show many a times. We have extended the slot to 11:30 also for the shows that really bold and tough in the outlook.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@bold They pulled out Bidaaii to give room to Gulaal, and to have viewers see about water finding and rural back ground at prime time ..

I totally feel it was a wrong move, no wonder 9 pm slot has gotten hit for Star !!

if they wanted to focus on 7:30 slots also for dramas they could have pushed Gulaal at 7:30 and left 9 pm slot of Bidaaii and given them an extension of  about 6 months.

More over now Agle janam Muhey Bitiyaa hi Kijioo as 3 months extension , With Rajan Rajput  walking into Swayamvar season 3 .

How unfair they have been with a show like Bidaaii and especially viewers did'nt get to see a complete story of Anmol and Ragini !! Thumbs Down

And the biggest thing is to pull out its number one  TRP show !!Shocked

I am sure they will never make such an unfair decision with any of its show what they did to Bidaaii especially post leap gave such intense flavors and good actors giving significant contribution !!!

Edited by shanti05 - 01 January 2011 at 11:53am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_sanizortvmyloverekha02Winchesterbros

Winchesterbros IF-Sizzlerz
Winchesterbros
Winchesterbros

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
Sach mai dii, ye log be na, they do all kinds of nonsense and stop a show with so much good trps and have the guts to say ki they are trying out new showsOuch End result humai humari angini khona pada.

ruslan Groupbie
ruslan
ruslan

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
sucks that they didnt even mention bidaai in this article Cry even though it finished number one. 
rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 12:38pm | IP Logged
Well, time to move on , I guess. But my remote has no desire to see Starplus. I never used to see Starplus shows as they had more Saas Bahu drama . I saw Bidaai post leap because of Apu. Now I rather regret Apu's decision to take up this show.  Anyways hope to see some other show on some other channel bets the no. 1 show on starplus. Looks like Starplus is not mighty pleased with the names of the shows not mentioned . Wonder now which show is ending on a high as all its shows are doing well according to starplus . So to accomodate new shows they have to axe shows on a high point .

My only desire to see Apurva come back soon with a new soap.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_sshanti05

shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Rekha I tell you they will never be able to accomodate the shows they have listed ...

They will be shifted to afternoon slots or now the shows which are running have to be axed.
The ones with low TRPs they will axe but they will never do teh step motherly treatement they did to Biodaaii which gave such good TRP's and ended at a high note in spite of the changes in the post leap and its success in that .

And teh most amazing thing is other shows  are getting extension coz actors what to go do swayamvar in other shows. So the flexibility is there in other channnels only star was hell bent upon  axing Bidaaii their  show which was topping the  charts across all the channels even with tough compition like BB and KBC !

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rekha02

rekha02 IF-Rockerz
rekha02
rekha02

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
I just read two interesting articles , Colors wants to give tough competition at 9:00 to 10:00 pm slot by two new shows.

Seems like Sab Tv and reality shows are to watch out this new year and with the cricket season approaching, anything can happen.

link to the articles.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/y2k10/sailesh-kapoor_yearender.php

http://www.indiantelevision.com/special/y2k10/tv_deccade_spl_report.php

Edited by rekha03 - 01 January 2011 at 1:02pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

poo_s

-SalShah4eva- IF-Achieverz
-SalShah4eva-
-SalShah4eva-

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 1:13pm | IP Logged
why 7:30
this slot is already hit..
they cant give coz..SGP comes at that time..
shanti05 IF-Stunnerz
shanti05
shanti05

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Well i didn't actually mean 7 :30 pm slot
But the decision to pull out Bidaaii and give Gulaal their time slot according to my observation was not good.

If they wanted be in the race with their shows and keep viewers glued during prime time with good urban shows they shouldn't have had a show like gulaal pushed in there.

here in US  Bidaaii used to come at 5:30 pm and repeat at 10:00 pm which is  kinda primietime since between 8 to 11 seems more like prime time for us so I would'nt want to watch a show  which would be more for a  way earlier time slot or may be even later in teh night

Go to top