Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai

TB:YearGoneBy & Year Ahead - Channel Honchos Speak

_Divya_ IF-Stunnerz
_Divya_
_Divya_

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 4:32am | IP Logged

Year Gone By & Year Ahead - Channel Honchos Speak

Year Gone By & Year Ahead - Channel Honchos Speak

TellyBuzz gives you an exclusive conversation with the Channel Heads of few Hindi GECs, wherein they talk of the year gone by and the year ahead..

The Year 2010 has just gone by, and we are into the first day of the New Year. On this occasion, TellyBuzz managed to have a word with the Channel Heads of few Hindi GEC's and get their views on the gains that their channel has seen, channel strategies for the year 2011, the best show according to them in the year gone by and much moreā€¦

Vivek Bahl, Executive Creative Director, Star India:

Five Gains from the Year 2010 from the channel's perspective.
We have really broad based in our content and we brought in a variety of shows wherein at 7PM there is a complete family based and Saas Bahu drama, Saathiya, which is now doing extremely well.  At 7:30 there is yet another show which is a family oriented show that is loved by all. The shows at 8 and 8:30 are shows of high drama and with Gulaal at 9PM, we brought a completely different show with a rural backdrop. Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain at 9:30 has made the mark and is doing very well which the viewers enjoy even today. Tere Liye portrays a complete love story. After 10:30 there are shows which have bold concept and strong protagonists.  These were the fiction shows that hit the screens this year. With Master Chef, we have brought in a different concept of reality show that people never expected to be brought that too with Akshay Kumar, and regarding the dance and song reality shows also, there has been a variety. Even though the media has a second thought about this, Star Plus has the biggest variety shows in Television.  

From the strategic point of view, this year had been great as we have been doing Maha Episodes for which we received good response and for the same reason we started keeping it on Sundays too. We have been staying consistent in giving the viewers afternoon shows without repeating a show many a times. We have extended the slot to 11:30 also for the shows that really bold and tough in the outlook.

Another major gain that we received is the response after the major branding that we did with the new logo and the tagline 'Rishta Vahi Soch Nayi'. And in the coming year we will be doing shows keeping this as the main aspect.  

The Learning curves from the Year 2010. (Or the strategies that did not work for the channel)
Most of the ideas have worked well for us and luckily all the shows are doing well in the channel. But what we learnt in the couple of years is that we should not stick to one particular concept. For a particular time that was the mistake we did and we got caught up with shows of only one concept and feel good shows. We realized that we should come up with shows that have bold concepts as people also need difference.

Channel Strategies for the Year 2011. Explain.
I cannot divulge details about it but all I can say is we will be following the concept of Rishta Vahi Soch Nayi and there will be a lot of experimental and fresh shows this year some of whose promos are already on air. We are also planning to push in more time slots in the coming year.

The Best Show of 2010, according to you.
I know some people might not agree with me for this, for me the best show is Saathiya because at the end, all what matters is the audience response which is evident from the TRPs. And we never did big scale marketing for that show and we got poor response initially, but then today it stands to be the best show in television.

The shows to look forward to in Star Plus in the year 2011
There are shows whose promos have already been aired and also I can talk about my show which I am producing which is tentatively named 'Navya' which I am doing with Swastik Pictures.

Your message to viewers...
Please use the remote less and we will keep up the trust that you always had in us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Vanshika--.Shriya.-

-.Shriya.- IF-Sizzlerz
-.Shriya.-
-.Shriya.-

Posted: 01 January 2011 at 5:06am | IP Logged
thnx 4 sharing

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top