Mithunda Appreciation Thread

DesiGirl_ thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Mithunda Chakraborty has been the Grand Master of all three season of Dance India Dance.

Mithun Chakraborty, turned and twisted in Disco Dancer and is on top of his game, not just in movies but in hospitality. He is known to be a sports fan and an expert at martial arts.

Basics on Mithun
He was born as Gouranga Chakraborty on 16th June 1947 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He studies at the Scottish Church College and earned a degree in BSc. He also attended the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune. Mithunda, as he is fondly known, was a Naxalite. Owing to his brother's untimely death, he went back to his family.

He married the actress Yogitha Bali and they have three sons and one daughter. His son Mimoh has taken up after his father by entering the film industry. He was rumoured to have married actress Sridevi who left him when she found out he hadn't divorced his first wife, leading to an annulment.

He owns the Monarch Group in the hospitality sector. He also helped start the Bengal Football Academy and was part owner of the Royal Bengal Tigers of the IPL. He started the Ooty Factory Films that produce low budget B grade movies. He also acted in Bengali and Bhojpuri movies.

Mithun Chakraborthy's Movies
His first movie was Mrigaya (1976) that won him the National Film Award for Best Actor. Suraksha (1979) saw him as Gunmaster, followed by Taraana (1979) and Boney Kapoor's Hum Paanch, which was an adaptation of the epic Mahabharata. 

His movie Disco Dancer (1982) made him a dancing sensation as the struggling Anil alias Jimmy. He kept up his dancer avatar with Dance Dance (1987). He won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Agneepath (1990) with Amitabh Bacchan. He was Amavas in Jallad (1995) winning the Filmfare Best Villain Award.

He won the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performances as Shibnath, a freedom fighter in Buddhadeb Dasgupta's Tahader Katha (1992) and the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for Vivekananda (1994).

He came back into movies but not as a lead. In Lucky: No Time for Love (2005) he was Colonel Pindi Das Kapoor. In Chingari (2006), he played Bhuvan Panda, a worshipper of Kali. Guru in 2007 was another hit, while My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves (2008) and Heroes (2008) did okay.

His upcoming releases are Chandni Chowk to China with Akshay Kumar, Veer with Salman Khan, a comedy C Kkompany, Luck with Sanjay Dutt and Madhur Bhandharkar's Jail.

CREDIT: http://www.chakpak.com/celebrity/mithun-chakraborty/biography/11380

Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DesiGirl_ thumbnail

Appreciators

Sweetu.Baby
Shipzrox
Dharmeshsir
Tulipbaby53
Shipz_Salman
Debayon
-X-NeeNee-X-

Press like this post to be added  
PM Me if you liked post, but have not been added
Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Varsha Di..Chits..Anjali..where are you guys?

This thread was made just for you guys!😛
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Please add me to the list! 😃 I like Mitunda! ðŸ˜³
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I like him...please add me too Sweetu!
debayon thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sweetu it's funny how the list of appreciators is like 7 and your total count is still on 3🤣 When are you taking your regents again?🤣
DesiGirl_ thumbnail
OMG thanks for pointing that out 🤣
Chits1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Varsha Di..Chits..Anjali..where are you guys?

This thread was made just for you guys!😛

hey...mein hoon yahan 😃..add me too..I love mithun dada 😃..kya baat kya baat
--jassi-- thumbnail
add mee!
even though, i'm not a fan...lol
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I am here for my most favorite dear beloved Mithun Duh....Awwwwww so glad to see him back 😉  and now I get two MDs...as He talks to himself now and than 😆

Double the fun

H4L, Ang, DC, SAS, Chits and Nishi  our Mithun Duh is da best right 😛