India-Forums

Mithunda Appreciation Thread

DesiGirl_ IF-Rockerz
DesiGirl_
DesiGirl_

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 4:03pm | IP Logged

Mithunda Chakraborty has been the Grand Master of all three season of Dance India Dance.

Mithun Chakraborty, turned and twisted in Disco Dancer and is on top of his game, not just in movies but in hospitality. He is known to be a sports fan and an expert at martial arts.

Basics on Mithun
He was born as Gouranga Chakraborty on 16th June 1947 in Kolkata, West Bengal. He studies at the Scottish Church College and earned a degree in BSc. He also attended the Film and Television Institute of India in Pune. Mithunda, as he is fondly known, was a Naxalite. Owing to his brother's untimely death, he went back to his family.

He married the actress Yogitha Bali and they have three sons and one daughter. His son Mimoh has taken up after his father by entering the film industry. He was rumoured to have married actress Sridevi who left him when she found out he hadn't divorced his first wife, leading to an annulment.

He owns the Monarch Group in the hospitality sector. He also helped start the Bengal Football Academy and was part owner of the Royal Bengal Tigers of the IPL. He started the Ooty Factory Films that produce low budget B grade movies. He also acted in Bengali and Bhojpuri movies.

Mithun Chakraborthy's Movies
His first movie was Mrigaya (1976) that won him the National Film Award for Best Actor. Suraksha (1979) saw him as Gunmaster, followed by Taraana (1979) and Boney Kapoor's Hum Paanch, which was an adaptation of the epic Mahabharata. 

His movie Disco Dancer (1982) made him a dancing sensation as the struggling Anil alias Jimmy. He kept up his dancer avatar with Dance Dance (1987). He won the Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award for Agneepath (1990) with Amitabh Bacchan. He was Amavas in Jallad (1995) winning the Filmfare Best Villain Award.

He won the National Film Award for Best Actor for his performances as Shibnath, a freedom fighter in Buddhadeb Dasgupta's Tahader Katha (1992) and the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for Vivekananda (1994).

He came back into movies but not as a lead. In Lucky: No Time for Love (2005) he was Colonel Pindi Das Kapoor. In Chingari (2006), he played Bhuvan Panda, a worshipper of Kali. Guru in 2007 was another hit, while My Name Is Anthony Gonsalves (2008) and Heroes (2008) did okay.

His upcoming releases are Chandni Chowk to China with Akshay Kumar, Veer with Salman Khan, a comedy C Kkompany, Luck with Sanjay Dutt and Madhur Bhandharkar's Jail.

CREDIT: http://www.chakpak.com/celebrity/mithun-chakraborty/biography/11380

Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 01 January 2011 at 11:10am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Yuvian_foreverDips_Arhi--jassi---X-NeeNee-X-debayonAngel-likeDevilThatOneGuytulipbaby53

DesiGirl_ IF-Rockerz
DesiGirl_
DesiGirl_

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 4:06pm | IP Logged

Appreciators

Sweetu.Baby
Shipzrox
Dharmeshsir
Tulipbaby53
Shipz_Salman
Debayon
-X-NeeNee-X-

Press like this post to be added  
PM Me if you liked post, but have not been added

Edited by Sweetu.Baby - 28 January 2011 at 10:25am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Yuvian_foreverDips_Arhi--jassi---X-NeeNee-X-ThatOneGuyChits1

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 7:41am | IP Logged
Varsha Di..Chits..Anjali..where are you guys?

This thread was made just for you guys!Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-X-NeeNee-X-Angel-likeDevil

tulipbaby53 IF-Stunnerz
tulipbaby53
tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 03 January 2011 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Please add me to the list! Big smile I like Mitunda! Embarrassed

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-X-NeeNee-X-

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
I like him...please add me too Sweetu!

-X-NeeNee-X-

-X-NeeNee-X- IF-Dazzler
-X-NeeNee-X-
-X-NeeNee-X-

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Add me too pleasee!

DesiGirl_

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Sweetu it's funny how the list of appreciators is like 7 and your total count is still on 3ROFL When are you taking your regents again?ROFL
DesiGirl_ IF-Rockerz
DesiGirl_
DesiGirl_

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 10:26am | IP Logged
OMG thanks for pointing that out ROFL

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index