India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

CALLing GEETIANS/MANEETIANS .. (Page 7)

vivacious_gurl IF-Sizzlerz
vivacious_gurl
vivacious_gurl

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Congratutions on completion of 200 episode and Wishing every cast and crew member of Geet HSP a Very Happy and  a Prosperous New Year.

Wishing all friends here at IF a Very Happy and a Prosperous new year

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

LVraazInfinitedreams

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Haila!! Perfecto!! Congrats for that double ton mate!! Time for the triple is coming soon - and let's do it in style and with panache.

A few words to whet your appetite:

"I would not think of quarreling with your interpretation nor offering any other, as I have found it always the best policy is to allow the film to speak for itself." ~ Stanley Kubrick

~~ I thought of refraining from bringing my thinking into your posts this winter; but seeing that you don't anyway read or revert on my random bakwas and that it is okay to write it despite you not reading it - I am posting my thoughts that I posted on your Geet FB wall -

~~ I just gotta say this "WHEN A FILM is DONE on the cutting board and comes into the public domain it becomes public property" and the makers should just let their baby[film/book/work of art/TV show/invention/and so on and so forth] go to face the music be it good, bad or ugly. It is no more within the makers purview to control popular opinion and ONE should not try to control it either.

~~ All good makers would want their work to fire the passions of people in different ways;  the NAVRAS - a work of art should inflame emotions, rage fires, make people love it, hate it, praise it, castigate it, consider it a work of art fit for the Louvre and it should also make some feel that it is fit for trash ~ IT SHOULD FUEL the EXTREMITIES of EMOTIONS and the EMOTIONS should not be ONE-DIMENSIONAL but MULTI-DIMENSIONAL - ask any great painter and they will tell you the same that they want the love and the hate, the horror and the disgust, the delight and the veneration all in equal measures.

~~ people should be free to voice whatever their opinion is as LOVE or HATE -  it is one and the same to the makers as both are EMOTIONS and GOOD MAKERS always aim to get ALL EXTREMITIES of EMOTIONS be it LOVE or HATE - to be able to GENERATE such EXTREMELY DIVERSE EMOTIONS from the same product is QUITE a SUPERLATIVE TASK and if the same PRODUCT can make one love it and the other hate it in equal measures, the MAKERS should BE PROUD of their work that has covered the wide spectrum of emotions and reactions

Edited by bDgT - 02 January 2011 at 1:49am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

LVraazArwen.SilentsoulInfinitedreams

lovetheserial IF-Dazzler
lovetheserial
lovetheserial

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:29am | IP Logged
Wow.  Fabulous 200 episodes.  Glorious and memorable days from Geets journey of a single indomitable woman to a romantic journey with the Maan in her life.  Congratulations GEET HSP.

Thank you L-Vraaz for the wisdom in the post you have send.  I definitely and totally agree with every word you have penned down.

Thank you Raaz.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LVraaz

ruslana Goldie
ruslana
ruslana

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged
congoParty

LVraaz

drdee142 IF-Rockerz
drdee142
drdee142

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Thanks so much for this post, it does make me feel better, I was not very happy with some of the things & tracks being shown lately, but after reading this we'll definitely try and be patient and try and grin & bear the AA scenes & some other illogical sequences.

Anything for more Maaneet and a great wedding that is primarily what we all are waiting for.Smile

LVraaz

lovetheserial IF-Dazzler
lovetheserial
lovetheserial

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Hey BdgT:SmileTongueClap Wish you a Happy New Year 2011.

~~ I just gotta say this "WHEN A FILM is DONE on the cutting board and comes into the public domain it becomes public property" and the makers should just let their baby[film/book/work of art/TV show/invention/and so on and so forth] go to face the music be it good, bad or ugly. It is no more within the makers purview to control popular opinion and ONE should not try to control it either.

~~ All good makers would want their work to fire the passions of people in different ways;  the NAVRAS - a work of art should inflame emotions, rage fires, make people love it, hate it, praise it, castigate it, consider it a work of art fit for the Louvre and it should also make some feel that it is fit for trash ~ IT SHOULD FUEL the EXTREMITIES of EMOTIONS and the EMOTIONS should not be ONE-DIMENSIONAL but MULTI-DIMENSIONAL - ask any great painter and they will tell you the same that they want the love and the hate, the horror and the disgust, the delight and the veneration all in equal measures.

~~ people should be free to voice whatever their opinion is as LOVE or HATE -  it is one and the same to the makers as both are EMOTIONS and GOOD MAKERS always aim to get ALL EXTREMITIES of EMOTIONS be it LOVE or HATE - to be able to GENERATE such EXTREMELY DIVERSE EMOTIONS from the same product is QUITE a SUPERLATIVE TASK and if the same PRODUCT can make one love it and the other hate it in equal measures, the MAKERS should BE PROUD of their work that has covered the wide spectrum of emotions and reactions

Responding to the highlighted red:  Thanks for this very brief informative para which helps us understand the intricacies of post serial production and censors.  It certainly is an eye opener for me.  Yes, it becomes public property but to whom? To fans who either watch it and make it immortal or those who seemingly end up stoning the very real people who give their fullest in blood, sweat and tears only to be tackled raw by the outbursts, whims and fancies of viewers who have no clue abt the storyline or the real concepts behind certain episodes.  Raaz has given us an idea for the bloops and fillers very vividly.

Responding to the highlighted blue: BdgT I admire the lucid comparison you have made between a painting and tv serial/actors.  A painting has life thru the senses of the people who walk by and use their senses to imbibe the work of the creator.  I agree wholeheartedly that a painting juxtaposes in stills the life and work of history or contemporary times. The painter in a way is fired to do more and more as it comes from an imagination so fired by loneliness, betrayals, joy, and the aesthetic sense of the world we live in.  
But an actor is very alive, very trained, very skill-enhanced to meet the needs of 'sheets of paper' or the mind-set of particular people who have authored the roles.  There are limitations as well as emotions so transparently laid bare when the criticisms gather momentum to break or tear the actor down.  It does cause a deep trauma, imbeded within, that is cleverly covered by a pretense of 'i dont care attitude' or 'we are actors, we keep all emotions at bay'..  It does matter. 
Sound critiquing and appraising honestly the screen work is appreciated by all, and even generates an enthuse for CVs to pick up ideas for future tracks .  I know trps rise and fall according to the viewing of fans but scathing remarks on actors or on the storyline is judgementally poor and definitely not from any knowledge of human psyche, or knowledge of the reality behind closed doors off- screen.

Responding to the highlighted pink: I admire that you bring out the constitutional breath and life to relate to fair voicing.  Yes,we have the liberty and freedom.  I can imagine how much a creator of a serial could gain from reviewing loyal fan postings.  But in a final delivery, its not just the Director/producer/Cvs who are involved, but the final curtain call is on the actors.  They are the breath and life of fans.  They need to be encouraged and applauded tremendously for their superb acting if any and in the case of second line actors, we need to accept the general opinion of the producers and their team to dish out the best in them.  Raaz gave us a logical idea as to why the 2nd line actors and a parallel track wheeled forward. BdgT, actors cannot be products but every bit the flesh and blood we see on screen.

I do agree BdgT, that rough weather melts down and gives way to fair weather. And soon spring brings warmth and a lazy idealism.  I do hope Geet HSP breaks every barrier put forward to rise to the highest acclaimed tv serial for a long time.  Every actor, often cursed by fans in this serial have left an impact on us soon after they leave and never to come back. 

Maan and Geet are phenomenal stars and I wish for them to be on top of our hearts encore and listed favourites.  And one day as our own Gurmeet and Drashti run up stage to receive their trophies, I do wish the whole GEET GSP team would be there, even the small time actors who have contributed to its success.  

Cheers.Party  

LVraaz

bDgT IF-Dazzler
bDgT
bDgT

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 5:43am | IP Logged
@ lovetheserial: Interesting viewpoint brought by you to the table!! But you don't make a work only to satisfy the whims and fancies of fans. Any work that is made is also born in an idea.

A work that is in the public domain will equally be ripped as well as praised. There will be brickbats along with the bouquets. If anyone expects that there will only be bouquets then that is a fallacy.

My answer to your below statement, you cannot be that discerning as for one how can you be sure that it is not empty praise that you are getting when you are being praised sky high and maybe genuine feedback when someone is trying to shred some scene or some expression? Just for argument sake, let's say you are right, how does it effect a product that is already in the past?? Can you go back and change those 22 minutes you've already aired?

Having said that, let me also add, the maker or the actor once is convinced of the product they have delivered and is satisfied with it, need not set store so much on what critics say or on whimsical fans..

Once the product is out of your hands as an actor or as a visionary, it is no more yours to have and hold. The logical thing to understand is that YES it will garner negative as well as positive feedback. Both come together. Today Guru Dutt's Kagaz Ke Phool is a classic but in its heyday, it was the cause for Dutt saab's depression and ultimate demise. It has brilliant cinematography by the exceptional V K Murthy sir and today Kagaz Ke Phool is revered the world over.

Regarding parallel tracks, if you have followed any of my previous comments anywhere on the GEET/4 Lions boards on FB or IF, you can see that I was one of the first few who spoke of parallel tracks way back in July 2010 and later when their lead actor fell ill with Malaria, and in fact look forward to the whole Indian Cricket team or the Indian Olympic Team in terms of numbers to make their entry.

Actors need to be praised or appraised honestly of their work; there is no need to baby anyone up. It is a job just like writing computer code is a job. And for a job well done, we get paid and appreciated, for a job that is poorly done, we take the brickbats be it an Engineer who builds bridges and endangers lives if it is poorly built or an actor who comes on to your living room screens.

I don't think mature fans will ever give praise or criticism that is undeserving and this is the point I have been trying to make that one needs to be discerning as to what to take from the fans and what not to take and show a deaf ear to or blind eye to.

Any work will be judged on the work alone.

I understand where Raaz is coming from.

Regarding TRPs let me add, there are so many loopholes in the system that this is not the place for this topic.

Regarding that last statement of cursed actors, I have to digress here,  the guy who played Brij was not cursed, the guy who played Yash was not cursed, the gal who played Meera was not cursed, the gal who played NT was not cursed, the guy who played Dev has his own fan following, the supporting cast such as Adi, Pinky, Tasha, Sasha, Manisha, Romeo, even Nakewl have their own fan following. So what exactly, you are talking about I am clueless. And if you are implying the negative feedback on Annie then let me say this, that is because of how the story was etched out and how the character was introduced and it has nothing to do with CURSING AN ACTOR.

Apropos, since we are on the subject, lemme add, there is nothing to be defensive about, and nor is my post offensive just in case people are reading too much into it. At the end of the day, there will be loyal fans like me who might crib a day or two but stick on and have stuck on for 200 episodes and applauded their good work.

The gist of my first post, if anyone has got it ONLY had to do with the fact that ALL WORK will be looked up or looked down depending on who is doing the looking down or looking up. Once it is over and done with, there will be different opinions and reactions coming in, and it all might not be to our liking, the art is in taking the important feedback and move on.

Edit:

I would also like to add that as one of the very great directors said "when a work can make people feel love, hate, anger, frustration, sadness, disgust, faith, serenity in different people at different times then I would consider it a job well done as I have been able to touch all the emotions and given each one what their desire or what they wanted or THEIR FIX  from that product. "[I forgot who exactly said that I am too lazy to search on Uncle Google LOL]

Your statement:

"the very real people who give their fullest in blood, sweat and tears only to be tackled raw by the outbursts, whims and fancies of viewers who have no clue abt the storyline or the real concepts behind certain episodes."

EDIT:

To the GEET DEV Team

Kuch toh log kahenge
Logon ka kaam hain kehna
So don't mind
All IZ WELL

Edited by bDgT - 02 January 2011 at 7:04am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

LVraazlovetheserialSilentsoul

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.