India-Forums

~Article Archives~No Comments (Page 3)

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged

Jai Kumar Nair to help Rajeev Surti in DID Doubles

Jai Kumar Nair to help Rajeev Surti in DID Doubles..

The talented Jai Kumar Nair has been roped in to help MentorRajeev Surti in Zee TV's DID Doubles..

Jai Kumar Nair who was recently seen partnering Renuka Shahane in Sony's Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa is back in action!! 

According to our source, "Jai will now help Mentor Rajeev Surti in Zee TV's show, DID Doubles. The channel actually approached Jai Kumar Nair to help Rajeev  in choreographing the dance performances in DID Doubles". 

When contacted, Jai Kumar Nair confirmed this piece of news and said, "Yes, I am helping Rajeev in choreographing dance performances in DID Doubles. I do not know Rajeev personally, but I have seen his performances and he is a superb choreographer. Actually the channel approached me to help him out. Now that I am done and over with Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, I have taken this task". 

In addition to the show, Jai is busy with his dance classes in Andheri. Talking about this, he states, "I have dance classes set up in Bandra as well as Santacruz. I am starting my classes in Andheri on 30th January. I have a good set of assistants who will help me with my dance classes. We have organized special dance sessions for Hip Hop, Contemporary and Jazz forms, but the students can opt to specialize in any form as per their need". 

We wish Jai all the very best for his stint in DID Doubles and also for his dancing classes.. 

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 4:52am | IP Logged

DID Doubles loses a talented Jodi in..

DID Doubles loses a talented Jodi in..

DID Doubles will have the tadka of Retro this weekend. Read to know who got out this week..

Retro flavour strikes Zee TV's DID Doubles this week, as the mentors will pay tribute to the greats starting from Raj Kapoor-Nargis and Rajesh Khanna-Mumtaz to Anil- Madhuri and Shah Rukh-Kajol!

Rajeev ki Rockers who got a double blow in the last two weeks got to breathe easy this week!! However, it was a bad day for the talents from Geeta ki Gang, Abhinav Gusain and Sangeeta Mandal who had to bite the dust.. 

According to our source, "Abhinav and Sangeeta were in the bottom along with Sourab and Vivek from Marzi ke Mastane. However, Abhinav and Sangeeta were the unfortunate ones to get out this week". 

This week was special as the enthusiastic masters took to the stage to perform on the ever green classics like 'O Haseena Zulfon Waali' and 'Yaahooo'. Geeta donned the role of the 'Dream Girl' Hema Malini, while Marzi was the ever green hero Dev Anand. Rajeev Surti became the wild and energetic Shammi Kapoor, and our dear hosts Jay Bhanushali and Shweta Salve spoke in the styles of Gabbar Singh, Dharmendra, Ranjeet, Pran and Shashikala.. 

Catch the Retro style this week, in Zee TV's DID Doubles.. 

.Tanya. IF-Stunnerz
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 17 February 2011 at 4:56am | IP Logged

DID Doubles sees the elimination of...

DID Doubles sees the elimination of...

Zee TV's DID Doubles sees its next elimination...

Zee TV's DID Doubles elimination has always been a shocker for the viewers and for the judges as well. And this time the lot has fallen for Rahul and Roza from Marzi Ke Mastane.

This is the first ever elimination for Marzi Pestonji as the previous eliminations have left Rajeev Surti with just one team and Geeta Kapoor with two in their kit.

This week Karan and Carling, from Rajeev ke Rockers took away the title of the Best Performance of the Day. They performed an act with four dummies where each of them was tied to two, which made the act look like a six people performance.

Along with it, Sneha and Surya from Marzi Ke Mastane showcased a carnival act which was unique as well.

Next week will see a Wild Card performance by the eliminated teams where they will get their ultimate chance to stage their best performance to have their re-entry in the show..

Catch the coming episodes of DID Doubles on Zee TV

Posted: 20 February 2011 at 4:31am | IP Logged

It's a bit early for us to become the face of the show- Marzi Pestonji

It's a bit early for us to become the face of the show- Marzi Pestonji

Marzi Pestonji in a candid chat with Tellybuzz about his maiden role as a judge in Zee TV's DID Doubles

Zee TV's successful reality show DID Doubles offered the viewers a completely different package with a new format and new judges.

Marzi Pestonji, who is a dance institution in himself made his maiden appearance on National television as one of the Mentors with the show..But do you know that Marzi had initially declined the offer?

Well, Marzi in an exclusive chat with Telly Buzz talks about his experience as a judge and why he said no in the beginning..

Read On!!!

How were you approached for the show?
I was approached by chance because Shiamak Davar was supposed to judge the show. But his dates could not match up with the requirements of the channel, and this is when Shiamak roped me in and gave this idea to the channel.  

What made you take up the role of a judge?
When the offer came to me initially and when Shiamak  asked me to do it, I immediately said no. I thought that I could not be friendly before camera, even though I have done many stage shows and have been to lot of award functions. Being a judge and to stay in front of television did not come easily to me, and I felt it was really not my cup of tea. But then Shiamak insisted me to do it as he had the confidence in me. And today I realize I would have missed a great opportunity if I had not taken it. I am thoroughly enjoying being here.

Did you ever think that you would be a judge on national TV?
Never, because I never believed I could do a job like this on TV where so many people are watching you. Performing on stage with a group is different from judging because people look for the comments you make and spectators are counting on you.

How has the experience been judging with Geeta Kapoor and Rajeev Surti?
The experience has been very nice till date with them. We think differently, and come from different school of thoughts, and working together makes it more interesting. Rajeev is a very nice boy and Geeta is really helpful. Since Geeta has been in the show for a long time she knows what concept works in the show and whenever we discuss the theme and concept she is very helpful.

What do you think is the challenge being a judge of such a show?
To keep up the work and living up to the expectations of people are challenging. As each episode proceeds, people expect more and better performances from us and I am actually fighting to make my performances better each time and I am nervous all the time when my students get on stage.

If you have to mention one drawback of the show what would that be?
I do not have anything to point out on the drawback of the show. The show is popular and the ratings are so good that people want to be a part of the show. Every aspect of the show is good and the talents that we have pooled in are great. If I have to point out a drawback, it is the only judge Marzi (laughs).

You are specialized in Shiamak's Contemporary style of dance; do you think that it will be tough when you have to choreograph the other styles?
Not at all, because I have learnt and performed all kinds of dance styles and as a judge, I am expected to know the other styles as well. Shiamak Style Contemporary is just a style that I am specialized in and have been doing for eighteen years.  

How sporty are you towards the comments of Mitun Da?
Oh, I am very sporty to all the comments and I am a Parsi. I believe that if you are making fun of others, then you need to take it with the same spirit when you happen to be on the receiving end...

Any memorable moments from the show?
There are a lot of memorable moments from the show and I loved the performance that Amit and Falon did on Tadap Tadap ,and when Pritvi did the Robot dance..

When compared to the other judges what is your weakness and strength?
My strength is the ability of visualization of the props. The weakness is that there is a lack of time to concentrate on all teams. Now I have to compete with the best teams of Rajeev and Geeta.

How do you feel about the strategy of elimination? Did you feel any elimination has been unjust?
Very honestly I feel that they are very just because even I had a wrong impression about the reality shows and the voting system. But I can proudly say that this show is very genuine and all have been honest eliminations.

How do you take this show in your personal career?
This is a major step in my career and the journey has been really beautiful and I really feel at home now. But at the same time there is very little time for myself but I make it a point to see that I watch one movie whenever I get home. My most favourite is Amar Akbar Antony and I still watch it whenever there is nothing good on TV.      

This is your first time in television; what were your expectations?
There was no big expectation because I had made up my mind that it is just dance dance and dance and I am here to choreograph.

You saw your first elimination recently, did you expect it? How did you feel?
Actually I had expected it and that's why I earlier said that the show is completely genuine and eliminations are fair.

When there are differences between the judges, how do you sort it out?
It is a healthy competition between us and even though we have opinions of our own we do not literally fight over issues. We stick to our views and respect each others' opinions.

If given a chance, will you accept if called for the next season?
I have not decided yet, it all depends on the situation.

Terence and Remo have been the faces of DID along with Geeta, do you think that you have succeeded in making a mark in the show?
It is really too early for us to become the face because they have been in the show for two years. I think we will definitely require some more time to be the face of the show. 

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Posted: 24 February 2011 at 4:20am | IP Logged

DID Doubles announces its 'Super 8'...

DID Doubles announces its 'Super 8'...

The battle gets intense with the formation of the Super 8 in Zee TV's popular reality show..

Zee TV's DID Doubles now gears up for an intriguing battle with the formation of the 'Super 8'… With this the journey of the eight talented dancing Jodis, to get to the coveted 'Sunehri Taqdeer Ki Topi' kick-starts. And what makes the going more interesting is that chances of winning the ultimate crown now rests equally with the judges and the viewers, as voting lines will be made open from this Saturday, 26th February. 

While last week saw the elimination of the youngest Jodi Rahul and Roza, this week promises to bring the smiles back on two of the eliminated Jodis' faces.. 

Our source states, "In the Wild Card round, Vikram and Niharika, the most talented Jodi of Master Rajeev Surtistaged a fabulous comeback. Omkar and Akshata from Pune who had been waiting for their turn as standby contestants, entered the Top 8 and joined Geeta Maa's team". 

The Super 8 will now include Amit-Falon, Surya-Sneha and Saurabh-Vivek from Master Marzi Pestonji's team, Marzi Ke Mastaane, Cornell-Sonali ,Vivek-Prithvi and Omkar-Akshata from Master Geeta Kapur's team – Geeta Ki Gang and Karan-Carling and Vikram -  Niharika from Master Rajeev Surti's team- Rajeev Ke Rockers.

Gear up folks, for the ultimate battle between the talented eight of DID Doubles.. 

Posted: 02 March 2011 at 2:56am | IP Logged

Shiamak Davar's surprise visit on DID Doubles..

Shiamak Davar's surprise visit on DID Doubles..

It was indeed a moment to remember when the Guru Shiamak Davarpaid a surprise visit on the sets of Zee TV's DID Doubles to bring a smile on his Shishya Marzi's face...

Mithun Da, the Grand Master of Zee TV's popular reality show DID Doubles has always managed to unearth surprises on the show, and the trend follows with Dada throwing a pleasant surprise on mentor Marzi Pestonjithis time around!! 

Our source from the sets tells us that this weekend's episode will see a special guest in the Dancing Guru,Shiamak Davar who happens to be 'God' for Marzi.. 

According to our source, "The creative team and Mithun Da came up with an idea to bring a cheer in the face of Marzi. The lights were put off all of a sudden, and Shiamak was brought into the studio without anyone's knowledge. When the spot lights were restored, there were two people standing on stage. As Marzi who was on stage, turned the other side to get off the stage he saw Shiamak sharing the stage with him. Marzi was speechless when Shiamak dedicated a complete act on his protg and danced on the number 'I'm Alive' by Celine Dion". 

As the episode unfolded, the Guru and Shishya came up with a stupendous performance on the title track of Dhoom 2, which left the viewers wanting for more!! 

Catch the reactions of Marzi and Shiamak on DID Doubles this weekend…

Reporter and Author: Srividya Rajesh

Posted: 03 March 2011 at 4:12am | IP Logged

DID Doubles sees its first elimination from Top Eight

DID Doubles sees its first elimination from Top Eight

Zee TV's DID Doubles sees its first elimination after the opening of voting lines.

One can expect the 'unexpected' in Zee TV's DID Doubles, what with the voting lines getting opened to the public from last week!! 

The first of the eliminations after the formation of 'Super 8' will be aired this weekend. And the name comes as a complete shocker!! 

The talented Jodi of Omkar and Akshata from Geeta Ki Gang who got in just last week thro' the Wild Card round made an unfortunate exit. 

Our source states, "Nobody could believe what they were seeing, when it was announced that Omkar and Akshata were in the bottom along with Amit and Falon from Marzi Ke Mastane. Ultimately, it was Omkar and Akshata who had to leave". 

Saurabh and Vivek from Marzi Ke Mastaane won the highest number of votes followed by Karan and Carling from Rajeev Ke Rockers.

The stage will also see a pleasant surprise with the unexpected visit of Dance MaestroShiamak Davar. Vikram and Niharika from Rajeev Ke Rockers staged the best performance of the day.

Reporter: Ranjini Nair
Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Posted: 10 March 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
The other side of JAY BHANUSHALI!

You know him as the ever-grinning, cute and silly host of Dance India Dance! Funny, foolish, frivolous, yes! But is Jay Bhanushali a guy you can bank on for rock-solid support in times of trouble? Errr … not really you'd think! Right? Well, we have reports to the contrary.

Sportingly carrying out all the little stunts that Grandmaster Mithun Da commands him to do, Jay has fast become Dada's permanent scapegoat! But there's a whole aspect to Jay's personality that we all miss!     

This week, Niharika fainted after her fabulous folk act... and Jay was the first one to rush to her rescue! Lifting her in his arms, Jay took her out for some fresh breath. And no, this isn't because he loves playing chivalrous around damsels in distress. He was equally forthcoming with his help when Prithvi had fallen unconscious at the previous shoot.

Geeta Ma said, "With all the jokes and the potshots at Jay's expense, his serious side gets muffled. But his promptness in helping out in these 2 incidents shows that Jay has his heart and mind in the right place and he has a lot more to him than the clowning around he's famous for."

Dada looked lovingly at Jay, turned towards Geeta and said, "This is the reason he is my STAR, my Sampoorn Vikas."

Tune into Lux DID Doubles this Saturday 9:30 PM only on Zee TV.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index