India-Forums

~Article Archives~No Comments (Page 2)

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Jay Bhanushali Is No More Single

Speculations on who will host "Dance India Dance Doubles" along with Jay Bhanushali have been put to rest. The beautiful and extremely talented Shveta Salve has been roped in to be the co-host of DID Doubles.

Shveta says, 'I am very exited to be a part of this iconic show because this is the only show which is for the aam junta, who gets a larger than life platform to showcase their talent. I have worked with all 3 judges in the past and know their individual strengths and I am looking forward to learn not only from the 3 mentors but also from the contestants, who I believe are far more talented than I can ever be. Dance has always been a part of my life... I am also a trained classical singer but I chose dance over any art form. Getting to host a dance reality show is a different high altogether as I know how contestants feel onstage before and after their performance because I have been a contestant once and can relate to their feelings."

Shveta had started her career with Zee TV's Hip Hip Hurray, which was a mega success after which there was no looking back for her. A host of acting and modeling assignments followed which made Shveta Salve a name to reckon with in the entertainment industry. She has acted in serials like Lipstick, Saarrkar and Left Right Left and made her Hindi film debut with Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi. Shveta has recently launched her beachwear line - Bare Bums. On being asked how she has managed to juggle varied career options with finesse she replied, 'I love being the jack of all trades rather than being the master of one'. Shveta Salve is all set to sizzle the silver screen once again and this time she will don the hat of a hostess. The million dollar question is - with Shveta by Jay's side will Mahi turn green?

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Munching on Wada Pavs as they dance!

Some guys are naturals ... They don't have to try hard ... They just entertain the crowds by being exactly who they are! A case in point being the original "cool dudes" of Delhi - Dilin & Manik from Master Rajeev Surti's team on Lux DID Doubles. At the shoot of the latest episode of Zee TV's dance reality show, the duo had the crowd eating out of their hands when then they paid a spirited tribute to the essence of India's two most buzzing metros - Mumbai and Delhi.

Starting their act with a jig to the title track of the film Delhi 6, the boys made a switch to the evergreen Bambaiyya song "Mumbai Humko Jam Gayi".  Adding a "local" touch to the Mumbai tribute was their mentor Rajeev Surti's own voice infused into the track, making the announcement you most commonly hear at a railway station - "Platform number 4 Warchi Gaadi Kurla, Dadar aani Byculla Yethe Thaambel". The two talented dancers "locking and popping" to the infectuous beat of a moving local train had the crowd hooting and cheering for an encore. And when Dilin and Manik finally ended their act biting into Mumbai's very own wada pavs, the asli Mumbaikars in the audience just went ballistic!

On a nostalgic trip, Mithun Da recounted how he'd survived countless evenings at the beginning of his career, as a struggler, on just a wada pav. He also added that a wada pav holds a special place in his heart and symbolizes the spirit of the city in so many ways!  

Having whetted everybody's appetite by biting into the scrumptious wada pavs in public glare, Master Geeta Kapur insisted that the production house distributes wada pavs to absolutely everyone in the audience.

Catch all this action and more on Lux DID Doubles every Friday-Saturday at 9:30 PM on Zee TV.

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 11 January 2011 at 9:23am | IP Logged
Mithun Da rags Master Marzi Pestonji

When young Amit and Falon from Master Marzi Pestonji's team on Zee TV's DID Doubles set the stage ablaze with a passionate dance of destructive love that culminated with the two lovers commiting suicide in a hair-raising dramatic climax, the audience was left speechless before it roared with applause.

This riveting dance act to the song Tadap Tadap Ke Is Dil Se Aah Nikalti Rahi had such an emotional impact on Grand Master Mithun Da that he struck a conversation about "intense love" with the contestants, asking if they have loved anyone so dearly and whether they had drawn inspiration from their personal feelings for such a powerful act. Having heard them out, Dada now turned his attention to the man who had choreographed the act ... Master Marzi Pestonji!

Posing the same question to Marzi, Dada was hoping to hear a story of deep love from the dance master. Marzi, on the other hand, just replied with a casual "No Dada, not really!" Not willing to take no for an answer, Dada prodded him not once, not twice but thrice as to whether he had ever loved a woman so intensely that he could choreograph such a passionate act. After saying he hadn't loved a woman "that intensely" twice already, the usually shy Marzi felt cornered by the fairly insistent Dada and almost like an exasperated child, burst out saying, "Dada, please! It's OK. You see? I am still alive ... I haven't commited suicide for anyone yet!"

While everyone thought Dada might take offence to Marzi's outburst, he burst out laughing saying, "Ha ha ha! You had to see Marzi's expression. That tortured look was simply priceless. Very very cute!" The audience, Mithun Da and all three masters including Marzi (who had turned a beetroot red by then!) were all in splits over Marzi's ragging session. Looks like Dada's found a new "Jay" in Marzi!

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 12 January 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
Makar Sankranti: til-gul ghya, god god bola

Makar Sankranti is one of the most auspicious occasions for the Hindus, and is celebrated in almost all parts of the country in myriad cultural forms, with great devotion, fervour & gaiety. It is a harvest festival. Makar Sankranti is perhaps the only Indian festival whose date always falls on the same day every year i.e. the 14th of January. Zee TV artistes reminisce with us about this day of celebration.

Jay Bhanushali:

Every Gujarati worth his Dhokla will tell you that Makar Sankranti is one of the most auspicious occasions for the Hindus, and is celebrated in almost all parts of the country in myriad cultural forms, with great devotion, fervor & gaiety. It is a harvest festival. Makar Sankranti is perhaps the only Indian festival whose date always falls on the same day every year i.e. the 14th of January.  I was not very good at it, but absolutely loved flying kites.

Rajeev Surti:

Being a Gujju I feel very embarrassed of the fact that I cannot fly kites for nuts while my entire family are brilliant at the activity. As a child I used to sit downstairs when my father, uncles and cousins would be on the terrace flying kites passionately. It's not that I did not try but after many failed attempts I realized that I am only good at holding the Phirki while someone else calls the shots. I loved the sesame sweets (til) prepared during makar sankranti and the most exiting part was digging out the 25 paise coins hidden inside those delicious til gud mithais.

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Man in a Mini - Jay Bhanushali

Those of you who thought only women could turn heads in a mini-skirt, sample this! Cute DID Doubles host Jay Bhanushali in a hot red mini-skirt... Well, the reasons you'll turn your head may be all wrong but turn your head, he will!

The bigger question here is: Why is Jay Bhanushali trying so hard? Well, it's the (un)happy realization that all eyes are now glued to his gorgeous new co-host on the show, Shveta Salve and nobody seems to be giving him much bhaav anymore! Ribbing him mercilessly in this aspect is Grand Master Mithun Da who said, "Jay, it's time for you to pull up your socks and clean up your act. With such a siren standing next to you, you've almost turned invisible." Looks like Jay has taken Dada's words too seriously and is fretting and fuming over "not being in the spotlight" anymore!

In a bid to make Dada eat his words, Jay has unleashed his machinery (read stilettos & mascara!) and is all set to catch the audience off-guard with his paisa vasool drag act in the upcoming episode of Zee TV's dance reality show. Gyrating raunchily to Jawaan Jaaneman at the shoot of the latest episode, a dolled-up "Jaya" Bhanushali is said to have to put the likes of Aamir Khan (remember Baazi?), Amitabh Bachchan (Laawaris), Akshay Kumar (Khiladi), Chi Chi (Aunty No.1) and Riteish Deshmukh (every other movie) to shame! So impressed was Mithun Da with Jay's jig that he went up on stage and serenaded him.

For all this excitement and more, stay tuned to Lux DID Doubles at 9:30 PM every Friday-Saturday only on Zee TV!

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
Mithun Da's Dig At Geeta's Weight

It is rightly said that it's impossible for a Bengali to stay without his fish curry n rice and his afternoon nap. Sonali, a contestant from Kolkata in Lux DID Doubles is one such Bong who is a die-hard foodie who would do anything to have a hearty home-cooked meal. She craves for iilish maach, mishi and all other Bengali delicacies which would make any fit person chubby and lazy in no time. Her partner Cornell, on the other hand, is a fitness freak and never allows Sonali to gorge on anything that would make her lazy or fat. He follows Sonali like a shadow and kills her hunger pangs by either giving her something healthy to munch on or coaxing her to rehearse some steps which would divert her mind and stop her from bingeing.

When Sonali's laments to eat one lavish meal fell on deaf ears, she decided to take her request to Mithun Dada's court as a last resort. She thought that Mithun Da being a Bong himself would empathize with her and would instruct Cornell to indulge her. But Mithun Da being Mithun da listened to her plea patiently and did something that took everyone by surprise! He looked at Master Geeta Kapur and with a naughty grin on his face said, "Geetu, we need someone like Cornell to keep a constant vigil over you and stop you from eating anything and everything."

It's a known fact that Master Geeta is very sporting and there have been innumerable instances where she has guffawed at her own weight and made fun of her failed weight loss attempts. Geeta smiled and said, "Dada... It's always next time… DID 3, will see a lean – mean Geeta Ma..." With a deep sigh, Mithun Da retorted, "I have been hearing this since DID 1.. let's wait till DID 3!!!" Do we see Geeta Ma turning red in the face?

-Aysha- IF-Sizzlerz
-Aysha-
-Aysha-

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Geeta's Double Shaadi on DID Doubles

Known for her knack of smothering every contestant in her team with motherly affection, Master Geeta Kapur has forever been called Geeta "Ma" on Zee TV's popular dance reality show, Dance India Dance. Funnily enough, this "mother of all" has no hubby who her many children can call "Daddy". Not only is she single in real life, Geeta Kapur has not been linked with anyone on the sets of the show even for the purpose of an ongoing comedy track, as is the case with most reality shows.

Not wanting to let Geeta Ma remain a "single parent" (!) on the show, Vivek and Saurabh, two promising contestants of the latest season, have both tied the knot with this charming lady as a part of their lively, comic dance act to the 'Emotional Atyachar' number from DevD. Apparently, as a dramatic climax to their performance, the mischievous boys ran up to Geeta with garlands in their hands and put a joint varmaala around her neck, leaving her stunned speechless!

"I don't know what just hit me ... Did they just marry me without my consent? Boys, I tell you, these days! But it's Ok. I forgive them, they're sweet boys and they dance well. But how could they forget that I am their Geeta 'Ma' too?" said an amused Geeta. When probed about her plans to tie the knot in real life, a saucy Geeta said, "I haven't found a man who can handle me and all my madness. Till I do, I'll be happily single!"

Catch all this excitement and more on Lux DID Doubles every Friday-Saturday at 9:30 PM only on Zee TV.

.Tanya. Coolbie
.Tanya.
.Tanya.

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged
DID motivated Soumya to dance
Soumya Tondon
DID motivated Soumya to dance

Television actress Soumya Tondon who is just back from Argentina (she was there for the forthcoming Zor Ka Jhatka) is back on the dance floor with her dancing shoes. Having hosted two seasons of Dance India Dance, the girl is naturally passionate about dancing. She says it's DID that motivated her to learn the right techniques of dancing

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index