~Article Archives~No Comments

Posted: 13 years ago

Shweta Salve to co-host DID Doubles

Shweta Salve to co-host DID Doubles..

Zee TV's DID Doubles has got its second host in Shweta Salve, who will give company to Jay Bhanushali...

TellyBuzz had earlier exclusively reported aboutShweta Salve being approached to host Zee TV's upcoming show, DID Doubles along withJay Bhanushali

The latest is that Shweta Salve has been finalized as host of the show. Another name that was in the reckoning is Surveen Chawla.

When contacted, Shweta Salve told us that she has no idea. 

However, Ashish Golvalkar, Non-Fiction Head,Zee TV confirmed the news and said, "Yes,Shweta Salve is confirmed. She will be hostingDID Doubles along with Jay". 

DID Doubles premiers on 31st December at the 9.30 PM slot, and will be aired every Friday and Saturday. Mithun Chakraborthy will continue to be the Grandmaster while the show sees a new panel of judges in Geeta KapoorRajeev Surti and Marzi Pestonji

Guess Zee TV is all geared up for its new 'Dance' season..  

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

Dance India Dance is back as 'DID Doubles'!

Lucknow, 29th December 2010 - Whipping up a whirlwind of dance throughout the country, India's BIGGEST dance reality show is back! The entire nation watched Salman set the stage ablaze with his daredevil fire act showcasing Mayurbhanj Chhau. Dharmesh sent everyone into frenzy each time he took to the stage with his original hip-hop acts and Jay Kumar Nair brought the art of Kama Sutra alive with his grace and dexterity. And, audiences across the country were left begging for more when Shatki Mohan wove magic on television with her sensuous moves and emerged the winner in the last season The passion, the frenzy, the camaraderie, the rehearsals, the victories, the disappointments, the hosts, the judges and above all, the spectacular talent - it's all back - with a BANG! Come December 31 at 9:30 PM, Zee TV will unleash the 4th chapter of its cult hit show Dance India Dance, this year called 'DID Doubles'

While the first 3 seasons have unearthed some rare jewels of dancing talent, the latest season promises to throw up not one, butTWO exceptional talents in dance. Dance India Dance, this time around, is in search of the ultimate dance "jodi"! In a bid to attract the finest dancing talent from every nook and corner of the country, Zee TV has been conducting auditions for over 3 months this year across 18 cities in India and even in the United States, UK and Dubai. The auditions have drawn upon over 1 Lakh passionate aspirants from all over India and abroad... and with just the Top 12 couples from amongst them all, making it to DID Doubles, one can only begin to imagine the force of their explosive talent!  So this is not the time for talented young dancers to display their talent individually, it's a chance to let the world feel the crackling chemistry they share with their dance partners and wow the audience with original choreography, immaculate timing, outstanding co-ordination and universal appeal!

While viewers can be rest assured that a display of superlative dancing talent and breathtaking performances is coming their way on 'DID Doubles', there has been a lot of speculation over who will be the mentors this season. Ardent fans of Master Geeta Kapoor can rejoice as the charming choreographer will be gracing the panel of judges this season. Pulling out all the stops in ensuring that the contestants are groomed impeccably, Zee TV has roped in ace choreographers Rajeev Surti and Marzi Pestonji to join Geeta "Ma" on the panel. With choreography credits to blockbusters like Golmaal 3, Don, Wanted and Jaane Tu Ya Jane Na, Rajeev Surti is a reservoir of creative brilliance and a source of immense learning for all aspiring dancers. Marzi Pestonji, with his wide and varied experience of choreographing and performing at global events of the stature of Commonwealth Games, IIFA awards & Filmfare Awards and movies such as Dhoom 2, Dil Toh Pagal Hai, Taal and Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, is an institution in the field of dance. Funny man Jay Bhanushali as the host of DID Doubles will be seen peppering every episode with his own brand of inimitable comedy. However, in keeping with the 'Doubles' theme of the season, will Soumya Tandon or a new anchor be Jay Bhanushali's co-host?  Going one step further to ensure the contestants are well-groomed and to bring out the best in them this season, DID Doubles has roped in the stunt expert Hari Das from Africa to train the participants on acrobatics and aerial dance forms. The popular Salsa and Ballroom teacher 'Lourd Vijay' will also conduct intensive workshops with them. And finally, the cherry on the cake would be the presence of Dada... India's favorite Disco Dancer Mithun Chakraborty - his presence will complete the DID family as the much-revered 'Grand Master'. Kya Baat, Kya Baat, Kya Baat!             

On returning to Zee TV in the latest season of his pet project Dance India Dance, Mithun Da said, "DID is like my baby. There's an extremely special bond I share with the show and its team. This season, things will get even more challenging as pairs are tougher to judge. One has to look at both the dancers simultaneously. And in this case, it won't be the regular boy-girl jodi! There'll be boys teaming up with girls, girls teaming up with girls, boys with boys or for that matter even an adult and a child. I cannot wait for the season to begin!"  

The Right Picture (TRP) is producing the show. Since its very first season that was launched in January 2009, Dance India Dance has introduced and popularized never-seen-before dance forms like Locking-Popping, B-Boying, Cha Cha cha, Rumba, Jive, Contemporary, Afro Jazz, etc. The sheer passion and fervor with which close to 80 million viewers in India in nearly 167 countries have been hooked onto the show has made 'Dance India Dance' larger than life. A benchmark for excellence in dance was set with DANCE INDIA DANCE- The ultimate platform to showcase the talent and charisma of India's most gifted dancers! So let's dance our way into 2011 with the latest season of India's favorite dance reality show - DID Doubles Grand Premiere on 31st  December from 9 30 pm onwards, only on Zee TV.

Tune-in to Zee TV every Fri & Sat at 9:30 pm to catch only the best dancing talent 
on DID Doubles!

Geeta Kapoor continues to nurse her bad back..

Saturday, December 18, 2010 | 2:15:43 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    
Geeta Kapoor continues to nurse her bad back..

Geeta Kapoor who suffered a back injury last year due to an accident seems to have recurring problems..

Geeta Kapoor has always remained loyal to Zee TV and the trend setter show, Dance India Dance, and this is visibly seen as she continues to be part of the new venture of the channel in the form of DID Doubles, while the other two mentors Remo D'Souza and Terrence Lewis have looked out for greener pastures!!

Well, Geeta we can say has been reeling in pain ever since she and Remo met with an unfortunate accident during the promotional activity held during the previous season. Remo as we know, had fractured his leg while Geeta had hurt her back.

For the uninitiated, Geeta's back gives way during her long schedules even now, and the effect of the bruise created by the accident continues to hurt her.

Recently, when Geeta was in Delh for the auditions of DID Doubles, she experienced the pain again and a doctor had to be summoned immediately.

Our source states, "Geeta was in problem due to her back and the doctor advised her to rest immediately. Following the advice of the doctor, Geeta halted the audition and took rest for nearly four hours after which the audition was continued".

When TellyBuzz asked Geeta about this incident, she replied in a shocking tone, "How did you come to know this?".  She then went on to say, "Yes, I sometimes do get this pain after the accident. We were auditioning continuously and due to the same sitting posture, I developed a severe pain. The doctor had to be called and I needed some rest. But now all is fine and the show will go on".

Three cheers to Geeta and her fighting attitude..

Reporter and Author: Ranjini Nair

Year Gone By & Year Ahead - Channel Honchos Speak

TellyBuzz gives you an exclusive conversation with the Channel Heads of few Hindi GECs, wherein they talk of the year gone by and the year ahead..

Ashvini Yardi, Programming Head, COLORS:

The shows to look forward to in COLORS in the year 2011.

With regards to non-fiction, we will soon air the second season of Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team challenge with Mallika Sherawat, Terrence Lewis and Jaaved Jaffrey as the judges. The show will see participants from across the world too. We will also be bringing in the original Indianised production of the Guinness World Records™ to Indian audiences for the first time. The new show, Guinness World Records, Ab India Todega, will premiere in early 2011 and will allow Indians to showcase their talent and go head-to-head with world record holders from other countries.

Opening for Zee TV's Lux DID Doubles 4.6 TVR for the very first episode …as a build-up to the Grand Premiere of the show on Jan 14,the channel plans to extend its popular non-fiction
weekend slot to every weeknight in the coming week.

Racing ahead of ongoing dance reality shows on competing channels, Zee TV's Lux DID Doubles has opened up with a handsome rating of 4.6 TVR towering over Jhalak Dikhla Ja which recently premiered on Sony Television with 4.1 TVR and Nachle Ve on NDTV Imagine which met with a measly opening of 1.3 TVR. The overwhelming response to the first episode of Zee TV's Lux DID Doubles substantiates the channel's strong belief that it is superlative dancing talent and not high-profile celebrities that really pull in the audiences.
An Indya source tells us that, "With Zee TV's dance reality show opening up at a promising rating for its very first audition episode, the channel plans to extend its immensely popular weekend non-fiction slot to every weeknight in the coming week starting Monday, 10th January as a build-up to the Grand Premiere episode on 14th January."

With an explosion of dancing talent from across the country waiting to flood your television screens, the channel has decided not to restrict the excitement around the return of Dance India Dance to just the 9:30 PM slots on Friday and Saturday. With the auditions of every city throwing up spectacular dance acts and Master Geeta Kapur, Marzi Pestonji and Rajeev Surti faced with the arduous task of selecting just 12 couples from amongst the 61 Best Couples from across the country, Zee TV has decided to showcase its action-packed Mega Auditions in 4 parts between Monday, 10th Jan and Thursday, 13th Jan at the 10:30 PM slot.

Further our source told us that, "With spectacular opening acts by the Masters of Lux DID Doubles, host Jay Bhanushali sending the audience into bouts of uncontrolled laughter with a fresh set of gags, the surprise unveiling of his gorgeous co-host, the 12 finest couples from across the country putting their best dancing foot forward".
Catch the exciting Mega Auditions every night at 10:30 PM from Monday, Jan 10 to Thursday, Jan 13.Grand Master Mithun Da blessing them all, the Grand Premiere at 9:30 PM on January 14 will be a delightful treat for television viewers on Zee TV.

An inspiring judge, Rajeev Surti

An inspiring judge, Rajeev Surti

Rajeev Surti shares his experience while working with Aamir Khan and Irfan Khan, thereby inspiring the contestants of Zee TV's DID Doubles to be perfect in their moves..

Zee TV's DID Doubles has already hit the television screens with the episodes of auditions and all the three judges are seen in their full form to bring out the best out of the contestants.

At the shoot of the show, when Rajeev Surti was trying to get his contestants to lip-sync correctly to the lyrics of the song they were dancing to, he shared his experience of working with the perfectionist Aamir Khan in the movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na.

We contacted Rajeev to know more on this and he says "This happened when we were going to shoot the song Kabhi Kabhi Aditi. Aamir was so particular about the song because people were going to see Imran for the first time and he wanted everything to be perfect. To get his lip-sync correct Aamir asked me to make Imran learn the song with the sur correctly and asked him to sing many a times so that he could eat, drink and walk with the song."

And the outcome? "The outcome was really good that when Imran finally sang Kabhi Kabhi Aditi, his first take was Okayed simply because he was so natural and easy" says Rajeev.

So is he expecting the same from his contestants in the show? Rajeev adds "I would just ask my contestants to forget that they are in a show and completely enjoy the dance because I do not want to put a lot of pressure on them".

That's a sign of a very caring judge. Rajeev Surti is taking up the role of a judge for the first time and is completely enjoying it.

Enjoy this season of DID Doubles with Rajeev, Geeta and Marzi on Fridays and Saturdays at 9:30pm on Zee TV.

Reporter and Author: Saranya Valsarajan

Shveta Salve to anchor DID Doubles

Speculations on who will host "Dance India Dance Doubles" along with Jay Bhanushali have been put to rest. The beautiful and extremely talented Shveta Salve has been roped in to be the co-host of DID Doubles. 

Shveta says, 'I am very excited to be a part of this iconic show because this is the only show which is for the common man who gets a larger than life platform to showcase their talent. I have worked with all 3 judges in the past and know their individual strengths and I am looking forward to learn not only from the 3 mentors but also from the contestants, who I believe are far more talented than I can ever be. Dance has always been a part of my life... I am also a trained classical singer but I chose dance over any art form. Getting to host a dance reality show is a different high altogether as I know how contestants feel onstage before and after their performance because I have been a contestant once and can relate to their feelings."

Shveta had started her career with Zee TV's Hip Hip Hurray, which was a mega success after which there was no looking back for her. A host of acting and modeling assignments followed which made Shveta Salve a name to reckon with in the entertainment industry. She has acted in serials like Lipstick, Saarrkar and Left Right Left and made her Hindi film debut with Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi. Shveta has recently launched her beachwear line - Bare Bums. On being asked how she has managed to juggle varied career options with finesse she replied, 'I love being the jack of all trades rather than being the master of one'. Shveta Salve is all set to sizzle the silver screen once again and this time she will don the hat of a hostess. The million dollar question is - with Shveta by Jay's side will Mahi turn green?

On asking why didn't we see her in any other reality shows she says, " I hate repeating myself. I once did a reality show Jhalak Dikhla Jaa that was fine I don't like keep doing same thing. Though I got many offers after Jhalak but this was something different so I said yes for DID doubles."

Jay was thrilled to hear about Shveta's inclusion in the DIDD family. He says, "I completely agree with Mithun Da's choice of Shveta as my co-host. She is a fabulous actress and a dancer par excellence. Her experience as a contestant on a dance show will bring its own humane touch when she deals with our contestants. Working with her will be a lot of fun. I am sure we'll burn the stage together."

Tune in to Dance India Dance every Friday and Saturday, 9:30 pm only on Zee TV

"Learn Lip-sync the Aamir way!"

At the shoot of Zee TV's popular dance reality show Lux DID Doubles, when ace choreographer-turned- DID judge Rajeev Surti was trying to get his contestants to lip-sync correctly to the lyrics of the song they were dancing to, he inspired them with an interesting example of the "Perfectionist Khan"!  
Rajeev recalled that about 2 years ago, when he had coached Aamir Khan's poster boy nephew Imran Khan on his moves and expressions for his introductory song 'Kabhi Kabhi Aditi' for his debut film 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na', apparently Aamir Mamu had Rajeev put his chocolate boy bhaanja through almost 12 hours of actually singing the song out aloud, so that he gets used to the lyrics and is able to effortlessly serenade Genelia once the camera is rolling.
Rajeev said, "Initially, we all wondered if Imran would be up for so many hours of singing but when we saw the results improving with each passing hour of practice, we realised what Aamir wanted to achieve. When Imran finally sang Kabhi Kabhi Aditi, his first take was okayed simply because he was so natural and easy. My contestants on DID Doubles are a talented group of performers and I want to see them do a similar exercise for each of the songs they choose to perform to week after week!" With a tough task master like Rajeev working on extracting superlative performances from them, Lux DID Doubles is bound to see some extraoridnary dance acts in the coming days.

Jay Bhanushali Is No More Single

Speculations on who will host "Dance India Dance Doubles" along with Jay Bhanushali have been put to rest. The beautiful and extremely talented Shveta Salve has been roped in to be the co-host of DID Doubles.

Shveta says, 'I am very exited to be a part of this iconic show because this is the only show which is for the aam junta, who gets a larger than life platform to showcase their talent. I have worked with all 3 judges in the past and know their individual strengths and I am looking forward to learn not only from the 3 mentors but also from the contestants, who I believe are far more talented than I can ever be. Dance has always been a part of my life... I am also a trained classical singer but I chose dance over any art form. Getting to host a dance reality show is a different high altogether as I know how contestants feel onstage before and after their performance because I have been a contestant once and can relate to their feelings."

Shveta had started her career with Zee TV's Hip Hip Hurray, which was a mega success after which there was no looking back for her. A host of acting and modeling assignments followed which made Shveta Salve a name to reckon with in the entertainment industry. She has acted in serials like Lipstick, Saarrkar and Left Right Left and made her Hindi film debut with Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi. Shveta has recently launched her beachwear line - Bare Bums. On being asked how she has managed to juggle varied career options with finesse she replied, 'I love being the jack of all trades rather than being the master of one'. Shveta Salve is all set to sizzle the silver screen once again and this time she will don the hat of a hostess. The million dollar question is - with Shveta by Jay's side will Mahi turn green?

Munching on Wada Pavs as they dance!

Some guys are naturals ... They don't have to try hard ... They just entertain the crowds by being exactly who they are! A case in point being the original "cool dudes" of Delhi - Dilin & Manik from Master Rajeev Surti's team on Lux DID Doubles. At the shoot of the latest episode of Zee TV's dance reality show, the duo had the crowd eating out of their hands when then they paid a spirited tribute to the essence of India's two most buzzing metros - Mumbai and Delhi.

Starting their act with a jig to the title track of the film Delhi 6, the boys made a switch to the evergreen Bambaiyya song "Mumbai Humko Jam Gayi".  Adding a "local" touch to the Mumbai tribute was their mentor Rajeev Surti's own voice infused into the track, making the announcement you most commonly hear at a railway station - "Platform number 4 Warchi Gaadi Kurla, Dadar aani Byculla Yethe Thaambel". The two talented dancers "locking and popping" to the infectuous beat of a moving local train had the crowd hooting and cheering for an encore. And when Dilin and Manik finally ended their act biting into Mumbai's very own wada pavs, the asli Mumbaikars in the audience just went ballistic!

On a nostalgic trip, Mithun Da recounted how he'd survived countless evenings at the beginning of his career, as a struggler, on just a wada pav. He also added that a wada pav holds a special place in his heart and symbolizes the spirit of the city in so many ways!  

Having whetted everybody's appetite by biting into the scrumptious wada pavs in public glare, Master Geeta Kapur insisted that the production house distributes wada pavs to absolutely everyone in the audience.

Catch all this action and more on Lux DID Doubles every Friday-Saturday at 9:30 PM on Zee TV.