Colors gets second notice from I&B for violence

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago

Colors gets second time notice from I&B for violence

The nature of offensive language and obscenity in reality shows like 'Bigg Boss 4' on Colors and 'Rakhi ka Insaaf' on NDTV Imagine had earlier caught the eye of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, and later these programmes where even slapped with legal notices.

Average:
No votes yet

Now, the latest that has fallen under the scrutiny of the ministry is the television serial 'Rishton Se Badi Pratha' on Colors channel.

On Wednesday, the I&B Ministry issued a show cause notice to the channel stating that the serial displays too much violence.

It's learnt that the Ministry has not been happy with the way the serial, which focuses on honor killing, has been portraying women.

Talking about this, the ministry officials stated, "The channel has been issued a show cause notice for showing explicit torture and violence against women. It is denigrating their image and lowering their integrity."

Govt doesn't want television channel to portray excessive violence
It's learnt that the Ministry has mentioned in the notice stating that the scenes that show the female characters has been filled with too much of barbaric acts of violence and cruelty, which is not suitable for children viewing.

"The explicit scenes of torture being inflicted on a female character is barbaric and appears to denigrate women," the Ministry mentioned in the notice.

Under the Cable Television Networks (Regulation) Act, 1995, it's rule for the television channels not to depict extreme violence and carry such odious content.

I&B ministry wants colors to reply within seven days of the notice
After watching the telecasted episodes 21-22 of the soap opera, the Ministry had issued the notice and now wants the channel to reply within seven days of receiving the notice.

Speaking about this, the Ministry stated, "The evaluation has been done on the basis of the episodes telecast on Dec 21-22 and the channel has been given seven days to reply."

http://www.totalfilmy.com/feature/20101230/colors_gets_second_time_notice_iampb_violence-31895.html