Gunahon Ka Devta

India-Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta
Gunahon Ka Devta

Dimitri Belikov and Avdesh Singh Thakur (Page 6)

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Hi Sidda,Smile

I would have never though to compare R. Mead's hero Dimitri with Avdesh!...Just recently got into YA...actually have 'spirit bound' on my tbr pile!..as well as "hunger games" - have you read that?Smile

Very nicely written. Keep it up....I think in general all hero's share 'heroic' qualities to make them identifiable from the anti-hero. Going back to Dimitri (from what little I read) I like him, (more than Rose actually!EmbarrassedBig smile.)..and agree he shares a lot of Avdesh's heroic quality and vice versa.

If you like YA let me know and I will pass on some other names...have a writer friend who devours them!

take care

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 31 December 2010 at 9:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sidda8

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 11:57am | IP Logged
@ Mony. I'm from Toronto.
Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dreamygal301

Hi Sidda,Smile

I would have never though to compare R. Mead's hero Dimitri with Avdesh!...Just recently got into YA...actually have 'spirit bound' on my tbr pile!..as well as "hunger games" - have you read that?Smile

Very nicely written. Keep it up....I think in general all hero's share 'heroic' qualities to make them identifiable from the anti-hero. Going back to Dimitri (from what little I read) I like him, (more than Rose actually!EmbarrassedBig smile.)..and agree he shares a lot of Avdesh's heroic quality and vice versa.

If you like YA let me know and I will pass on some other names...have a writer friend who devours them!

take care

Thanks Dreamy. I haven't read hunger games is it by Richelle as well? Yes, I know Dimitri is lovable, I think is have equal amounts of love between Avi and Dimitri, I can't choose between them. But I find Rose's personality very funny. She has many flaws and thats why her character seems realistic but inside Rose is also good hearted although she can be crazy and reckless at times. Please tell the names for other YA, I'm a great book-worm.

Edited by Sidda8 - 31 December 2010 at 12:02pm
Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sidda8

Originally posted by Dreamygal301

Hi Sidda,Smile

take care

Thanks Dreamy. I haven't read hunger games is it by Richelle as well? Yes, I know Dimitri is lovable, I think is have equal amounts of love between Avi and Dimitri, I can't choose between them. But I find Rose's personality very funny. She has many flaws and thats why her character seems realistic but inside Rose is also good hearted although she can be crazy and reckless at times. Please tell the names for other YA, I'm a great book-worm.

Hi Sidda,

Hunger Games is by Suzanne Collins....and will let you know of the others.

I can't comment too much on Dimitri because I haven't read too much. To be honest I'm finding YA a struggle, as I like more emotional depths and adulty...but determined to continue because of my friends.Big smileLOL

I think, what little I read of her, Rose is obviously needed to take care of others (her friend??)and though she loves Dimitri, seems to find it easy to move onto other men....I might get things wrong so will stop here.

ok take care and happy new year.Smile
Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 31 December 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
No you're right. But Rose will soon learn that she truly loves Dimitri and she will leave all for just him only (maybe not her best friend). Yeah, she's a big flirt and loves to chill with guys but she will change and become more mature as the series progresses. This is why I also said that Rose is not like Arpi because Arpi is an angel.
-Prashu- IF-Sizzlerz
-Prashu-
-Prashu-

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 10:05am | IP Logged

Hiiee Sidda,

First of all congo fr becoming a groupbieā€¦

Nd thnks fr the post..

Indeed an uncanny resemblance between the leads!! There are things which are similar to GKD lead as u pointed out..i didn't knew it..now it seems pretty interesting. Ill definitely read it. My friends suggested me to read this series but I thought it must be similar to Twilight Saga so I didn't read not. Plus I didn't knew it had such similarity with GKD..

Thnks a lot abt this..

And thnks for the links.

Sidda8

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 02 January 2011 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Prashu, I'm glad you liked the post and Vampire Academy is not like Twilight at all. It's about two different races of vampires (good and evil) and half-vampires who train to defend the good vampires. Also, there are a lot of fights and some painful losses. The lead girl is no sweetheart, she can be the worst nightmare to some people if they mess with her. So, you should go ahead and try the series.

-Prashu-

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index