India-Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta
Gunahon Ka Devta

Dimitri Belikov and Avdesh Singh Thakur

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
This is a post that I have wanted to write for a while now and I think this is the perfect moment to do so.

Last week I had read the concluding novel for a series I loved very much. Later, I had realized that the GKD events and their lead couples are so similar to this novel series and its main couple. Dimitri is a character from the Vampire Academy series (by Richelle Mead) which is a popular teen fantasy romance genre. When I read this novel, I had realized that the personality of Dimitri was quite similar to Avdesh's personality. Both men are courageous, fearless, protective, and loving to their sweethearts. Likewise, both of these gentlemen are considered as gods by others, Dimitri is referred to as a Russian God, and Avdesh is practically the God of Lallanpur. Dimitri and Avdesh are guys that can fight an entire army and still win. They are excellent fighters. Not only this, but both of them are great looking and loved by two different women. Nevertheless, the female protagonist of the novel is not as sweet and innocent as Arpita. The protagonist of Vampire Academy, Rose is more of a bold and tough girl who is also fearless. The only similarity that she possesses with Arpita is the need to protect her loved ones and the willingness to sacrifice her own life to protect them. Also, similar to Arpita, Rose does not allow evilness to conquer her (though she is not such a good girl either). Moreover, the unconditional love that Dimitri has for Rose is the same as the love that Avdesh has for Arpita. Also, the age difference between each couple is similar; Dimitri is seven years older than Rose and Avdesh is about seven years older than Arpita.

These striking similarities have shocked me because I was never able to make a comparison like this one before. As a reader and viewer, I have been exposed to main forms of media with similar concepts. However, I was surprised to realize that two characters that I loved very much are quite similar. This might be a hint on what I look for in a guy. Regardless, these characters do not only have similar personality traits but they have also experienced similar situations. For instance, when Dimitri had met Rose, he had caught her before she fell down and this was during a fight (though Rose was fighting him), and he held her while starring at her. Likewise, Avdesh had saved Arpita from another Gunda and he had also caught her before she fell and then he was enchanted by her beauty. The postures of the couples in both events are so similar. Furthermore, Dimitri had fallen in love with Rose during an unusual circumstance, much like how Avi fell heads over heels for Arpi. At one point in the series, Dimitri was conquered by evilness and Rose had attempted to redeem or change him due to her love for him. Similarly, Arpi has been trying to change Avi from his Gunda lifestyle. In addition, the male leads are willing to fight anyone to protect their women. In the last two novels, Dimitri had fought against law authorities to prevent Rose from being arrested. This is similar to how Avi fought against RV and the other cops to prevent Arpi's arrest. Furthermore, there was a situation where Rose had attempted suicide, she jumped off a railing and Dimitri had grabbed her before she fell. Avdesh had also grabbed Arpita from jumping off the railing when she wanted to die. Moreover, there were also forest scenes where Dimitri-Rose fled from the cops just like Avita. Though, the novel had a village addition unlike Avita who had returned to the haveli (this was due to the CV change in mind).SleepyCry

Another similarity with the series and show is that there are female antagonist characters that love the male leads and they are willing to do anything to get them. The series antagonist Tasha is much like Bhauji, she is elder to the man she loves and she possesses two faces. She pretends to be someone in front of other people including the man that she loves and then she changes into another person when she is all alone. Through jealously and hatred, Tasha had sent Rose to prison so that she can have Rose out of the way and keep Dimitri to herself. Likewise, Bhauji had sent Arpita to prison to keep Avi for herself as well. Both of these women are selfish and they don't understand the true meaning of the love. They have underestimated the level and depth of love that the males possess for their lovers. When a person loves someone else, it is not easy to break away the connection because the emotion is very pure and sincere. The emotion of love is very strong and thus it never disappears from someone's heart. A true lover is able to understand the love of another person and sacrifice their own love for the happiness of the person that they care for. Both Bhauji and Tasha are not willing to give up their desires for the needs and interests of others. However, Arpita and Rose would be willing to give up their love, if it would give happiness to the men that they love. This proves how selfless both girls are and that they possess true emotions of love.

I hope you guys have enjoyed this post. For those of you that have enjoyed this post, I recommend reading the series; these are the names of the novels in the series:

Vampire Academy

Frostbite

Shadow Kiss

Blood Promise

Spirit Bound

Last Sacrifice

This link gives the first chapters for each book:

www.vampireacademybooks.com/

These are the links for the books

http://www.wattpad.com/806076-vamp-academy
http://www.wattpad.com/167818-frostbite

http://www.onread.com/book/Shadow-Kiss-201761

(Book 4 and 5 are available on onread.com, the link above, just cursor over to Best of: Richelle Mead, and click on an image of one of the books).

http://www.wattpad.com/820533-last-sacrifice-real

Edited by Sidda8 - 30 December 2010 at 10:52pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

super_boykomalSinghsanamrahmancupidstrike23joliefille-sia-shwetha85talkie14MonyPchatterbox-Prashu-jineejiggsyoga23priyasmile.sara

shwetha85 Goldie
shwetha85
shwetha85

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
OMG!!!! Wow couldn't believe that GKD has such a lot of similarities plus I have also read that GKD is also inspired from Gunaho Ka Devta a popular hindi novel by Dharamvir Bharati. He wrote this novel long back at the time when Munshi Premchand was at the top most writers...It is story with genre of Romance and love which a young heart cherishes are present in this novel with their various shades and color. They also say that when a reader reads this novel they feel the pain and love between the leads as we do as viewers..It has primarily the story of "non expressive love and romance between two characters (Chander and Sudha)..which happened in the beginning that Avdesh and Arpita couldn't express their love to each other...   and this novel shows the various trappings of love in urban middle-class, pre-independence India. May be the CV's got an idea from this novel and from the vampire Academy..Its interesting that how similar the stories are plotted and shot the same way!!!!
Good Discovery Sidda!!!

Edited by shwetha85 - 30 December 2010 at 7:52pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-Sidda8jineejiggssmile.sara

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:06pm | IP Logged
Thanks Shwetha,

I wasn't sure anyone would like this post because it's not about GKD alone. But I'm happy you like it. You should read this series. Its not like any other vampire novel their are two races of vampires. BTW Dimitri is not a vampire, so he wouldn't bite. Also, I have replied to your post which I liked very much.
shwetha85 Goldie
shwetha85
shwetha85

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sidda8

Thanks Shwetha,

I wasn't sure anyone would like this post because it's not about GKD alone. But I'm happy you like it. You should read this series. Its not like any other vampire novel their are two races of vampires. BTW Dimitri is not a vampire, so he wouldn't bite. Also, I have replied to your post which I liked very much.

You are welcome Sidda!!!! Plus thanks for responding to my post...I have read your view plus left my comments on it...To your knowledge I have already started reading this series mentioned by you online and I have downloaded the first book already. I am going to read the whole series and yes I could sense that its not like Twilight in which the male Protagonist is a Vampire...The Author must have named it this way because the series might be opening a lot of dark secrets about every character mentioned!!!! BTW I don't know whether you know this or not Twilight is also made into a hindi serial on Star one its called Pyaar ki yeh Ek kahani....

Edited by shwetha85 - 30 December 2010 at 8:12pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-sia-Sidda8

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
will respond bit later
Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Yeah, I heard about it from a friend and I almost laughed. Although, I read every book in the twilight saga, I felt that Edward was to soft as a guy for me. He wasn't tough enough to be a vampire. I have read over ten different types of vampire novels and thus I have this high expectation for vampires. My friend also told me that this Indian vampire sucks blood. I don't know why, but I find this bizarre because I'm so used to the cultural diversity of India and so I can't imagine anything supernatural (other than religious drama's of course). Maybe, a ghost drama is alright but a vampire love story. This is just to funny for me. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone but it reminds me of this Tamil movie that I had watched as a child. It was more comical than scary.

Edited by Sidda8 - 30 December 2010 at 8:25pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Prashu-

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:31pm | IP Logged
I'm glad you like this CB. I'll be looking for your post.
shwetha85 Goldie
shwetha85
shwetha85

Posted: 30 December 2010 at 8:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sidda8

Yeah, I heard about it from a friend and I almost laughed. Although, I read every book in the twilight saga, I felt that Edward was to soft as a guy for me. He wasn't tough enough to be a vampire. I have read over ten different types of vampire novels and thus I have this high expectation for vampires. My friend also told me that this Indian vampire sucks blood. I don't know why, but I find this bizarre because I'm so used to the cultural diversity of India and so I can't imagine anything supernatural (other than religious drama's of course). Maybe, a ghost drama is alright but a vampire love story. This is just to funny for me. I'm sorry if I have offended anyone but it reminds me of this Tamil movie that I had watched as a child. It was more comical than scary.

LOLLOLLOL @ Bold I felt the same thing when I read Twilight Saga....LOL @ the second boldBig smile
LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sidda8

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index