souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by Lucifer.

^^Ain't there any other forum where bashing actors is allowed?

i don't know, but there is so much bashing and snide comments that go unchecked over there.. if someone attacks a member, i'd understand, but comments made about actors shouldn't be taken as a personal insult.

As far as I know there is a rule which prohibits members from bashing actors or making abusive remarks about actors. You knew that you're breaking that rule, so the warning should have been expected too.
Had the DT not edited your post and not warned you then they'd have not followed the rules, and those who objected to your post would have complained that the DT doesn't do it's work .

I'm not surprised Empty got warned..I'm a little more sarcastic when it comes to actor bashing instead of bashing directlyLOLActually from my experience a lot of the DT members are inefficient and useless. It was great coming to the DM and seeing some decent moderation for once from Sarina. Has anyone seen the latest promotion list? It's a joke! There are so many members that have been inactive for so long, so many forums with no members of the DT, so many deserving members overlooked. A member that provides live updates (like literally edits her post minute by minute) from the first days of the show in July had to wait 9 months to be promoted while her updates were being stolen and posted on other websites? That's sad.

Just to clarify, I have zero interest in moderation. I wouldn't want to spend my time here moderating and warning people although I have respect for those that do (well at least the ones that do their job properly anyway)

Edit: I began to dislike some DT members even more after reading this topic. That's virtual bullying and should not be tolerated.

Yes there are incompetent DT members. And yes there are inactive DT members. I don't know about now, but earlier most of the GMs used to be inactive almost through out the year. In some cases it's not the fault of the inactive DT member though. They intimate the GM or admin that they won't be able to give any more time for moderation and should be relieved of their duties but somehow their rights doesn't get removed for a long time and IF ends up with an inactive DT member.
Promotions doesn't always happen the way you'd like it to be. There are various reasons for that too. Although the rights are given by the admin but the admin can't judge the competency of each and every person joining the DT or getting promoted. In most cases it is judged by the DT member immediately above that person. Sometimes members actively push themselves as potential candidates.. Sometimes the members are friends. In such cases there are chances of misjudgement.

Btw, I think you'd make a good DT. You're smart, liberal and also you spend quite a lot of time on IF :P I don't know if you're an elitist like DT should mix only with DT and not with commoners kind of person, but you surely don't come across as such. You don't have any WL at present. If offered one, I think you should take up a DT position in a section where you post regularly.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:07pm | IP Logged

i don't know, but there is so much bashing and snide comments that go unchecked over there.. if someone attacks a member, i'd understand, but comments made about actors shouldn't be taken as a personal insult.

As far as I know there is a rule which prohibits members from bashing actors or making abusive remarks about actors. You knew that you're breaking that rule, so the warning should have been expected too.
Had the DT not edited your post and not warned you then they'd have not followed the rules, and those who objected to your post would have complained that the DT doesn't do it's work .

I'm not surprised Empty got warned..I'm a little more sarcastic when it comes to actor bashing instead of bashing directlyLOLActually from my experience a lot of the DT members are inefficient and useless. It was great coming to the DM and seeing some decent moderation for once from Sarina. Has anyone seen the latest promotion list? It's a joke! There are so many members that have been inactive for so long, so many forums with no members of the DT, so many deserving members overlooked. A member that provides live updates (like literally edits her post minute by minute) from the first days of the show in July had to wait 9 months to be promoted while her updates were being stolen and posted on other websites? That's sad.

Just to clarify, I have zero interest in moderation. I wouldn't want to spend my time here moderating and warning people although I have respect for those that do (well at least the ones that do their job properly anyway)

Edit: I began to dislike some DT members even more after reading this topic. That's virtual bullying and should not be tolerated.

Yes there are incompetent DT members. And yes there are inactive DT members. I don't know about now, but earlier most of the GMs used to be inactive almost through out the year. In some cases it's not the fault of the inactive DT member though. They intimate the GM or admin that they won't be able to give any more time for moderation and should be relieved of their duties but somehow their rights doesn't get removed for a long time and IF ends up with an inactive DT member.
Promotions doesn't always happen the way you'd like it to be. There are various reasons for that too. Although the rights are given by the admin but the admin can't judge the competency of each and every person joining the DT or getting promoted. In most cases it is judged by the DT member immediately above that person. Sometimes members actively push themselves as potential candidates.. Sometimes the members are friends. In such cases there are chances of misjudgement.

Btw, I think you'd make a good DT. You're smart, liberal and also you spend quite a lot of time on IF :P I don't know if you're an elitist like DT should mix only with DT and not with commoners kind of person, but you surely don't come across as such. You don't have any WL at present. If offered one, I think you should take up a DT position in a section where you post regularly.

It's extremely frustrating though constantly PMing members of the Dev Team and not hearing back for a long time. I have no problems if promotions don't go my way, but I do expect the new DT members to do a good job or at least a decent job and most of time I'm disappointed or maybe I'm just unlucky? lol

Haha that's exactly what happens when you're supposed to be on study leave and need any excuse not to revise! Maybe if it'd enhance my CV I might have considered the option of moderationTongueI do appreciate the compliment though. I don't actually post regularly on any forum on IF and I think I'd just abuse my power and ban all the people that I find annoyingLOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
^LOL!! I get on that train all the time and yet no-one has ever clapped for me when I get on board. :( There's this woman that always gets on at Kings Cross and she's always got this big bag on her like she's going camping or something and she's always talking to herself about really weird things as well. Creepy but very entertaining! :P

The lady with the magazine cracked me up! How could she not smile throughout all of that? Haha

Btw, why is it that Northern line is the black line yet the poles are yellow like the Circle line?Ermm

Empty have you seen the new Met line trains? There's no separate carriages and everything just looks so cool! lol

Edited by hindu4lyf - 07 May 2011 at 4:23pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:00pm | IP Logged
I didn't realise it either until a few months back, only to be given strange looks by my friends for being so late in my realisation lol

That asian dude with the earphones reading the newspaper looks so confused..it's hilarious! lol yeah one long carriage and all the seats are sorta floating in the air :P
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged

ha ha Dia...looks like ur begging for a warning urselfLOL...as far as I have been told its against the forum rules to discuss the actions taken by the DT members...I was advised to PM them insteadWinkLOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
That's a pretty stupid rule. They're free to discuss members behaviours with one another but we can't discuss their actions? Oh yeah, that's really fair. BI I did PM them...they eventually got bored or as they call it..they got 'busy' and as usual I eventually ended up with many unanswered questions. I don't think I've done anything wrong though, other than question the need to add a blushing emoticon? If I really wanted to highlight the inefficiency of the DT then I would copy and paste the entire PM.Tongue
The DT should be willing to take on criticism instead of hiding behind silly emoticons.
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:16pm | IP Logged

That's a pretty stupid rule. They're free to discuss members behaviours with one another but we can't discuss their actions? Oh yeah, that's really fair. BI I did PM them...they eventually got bored or as they call it..they got 'busy' and as usual I eventually ended up with many unanswered questions. I don't think I've done anything wrong though, other than question the need to add a blushing emoticon? If I really wanted to highlight the inefficiency of the DT then I would copy and paste the entire PM.Tongue
The DT should be willing to take on criticism instead of hiding behind silly emoticons.

The thing is that when we join the forum...we agree to abide by a certain set of rules...well they may not feel right sometimes but that is what we agreed to...I also get fed up of the rules sometimes and then I take a breakLOL...but there is no point in contesting the rules...this forum is like any other organization...with their own sets of rules...and a set of disciplinary action if rules are broken...frankly speaking...I have not come across a biased or unfair mod yet...I am annoyed by the rules sometimes but rarely by the mods...I feel they r just doing their job...
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 7:25pm | IP Logged
If we sit down and accept all the rules, knowing that some of them are ridiculous then how can we expect to see a change? Of course there will always be the few basic rules like no swearing, no bashing, no personal attacks, don't quote too much, 13+ members only etc but what's the harm in discussing unfair treatment? The opinions of one mod may well differ from another.

I wish I could say the same about the mods I've come across although there are a few exceptions.

Go to top