Debate Mansion

Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai (Page 81)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

After all that time spent using the harvard referencing system to reference everything, the damn thing can't detect references! lol apparently you only get done for if it's around the 40% mark..not sure how true that is though. :\ I had never heard of turnitin till I got to uni..I'm usually quite good at paraphrasing but this site detects every little thing so it's actually pretty scary.

What's the reason for your cheery mood this Monday morning Ajnu? Revision is making me anything but happy right now.Ouch

Dia, even when you paraphrase - you are supposed to reference your sources. Paraphrasing without referencing is also considered plagiarism - just FYI. But yes, if you paraphrase, Turnitin won't  accuse you of plagiarizing I suppose.

Hahah, since when does anyone need a reason to be cheery, Dia? I certainly don't! Although I wasn't cheery all day - I have a crazy guy as a student at work. And by crazy, I mean obnoxiously flirtatious ranging on the verge of perverted! After my meetings with him, I have to come home and shower and scrub real hard because I feel so dirty. Arghhh!

Sorry for rambling - when are your exams? When does the semester end? My last exam is on May 10th, and I have a lot of things going on between now and then, but for some reason, I am not stressed (which is a REALLY bad sign!). LOL.

I try to avoid any sort of copy and paste because then it makes my job a lot harder even when it does come to paraphrasing cos then i'm very tempted to leave it as it is! lol but thanks for the heads up anyway! :)

I most definitely need a reason to be cheery and that too on a Monday morning when the sun refuses to shine! :( LOL that's hilarious..I used to have a polish guy that was a security guard at the place I used to work and whenever things were quiet and I was in charge of handling the place he would come up to me and say the most weirdest things. I mean if you wanna flirt, then the least you can do is be good at it!Tongue

Semester's ended already..I still can't believe my first year is over already! Exams start in a couple of weeks..I try not to say the amount of weeks and days cos then it makes me all the more nervous and I often feel like I'll have a panic attack just thinking about them! :| but my exams finish a week after yours. Good luck with them and erm, start stressing! :P I guess as long as you're doing the revision required, you should be fine :)

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:55pm | IP Logged

I try to avoid any sort of copy and paste because then it makes my job a lot harder even when it does come to paraphrasing cos then i'm very tempted to leave it as it is! lol but thanks for the heads up anyway! :)

I most definitely need a reason to be cheery and that too on a Monday morning when the sun refuses to shine! :( LOL that's hilarious..I used to have a polish guy that was a security guard at the place I used to work and whenever things were quiet and I was in charge of handling the place he would come up to me and say the most weirdest things. I mean if you wanna flirt, then the least you can do is be good at it!Tongue

Semester's ended already..I still can't believe my first year is over already! Exams start in a couple of weeks..I try not to say the amount of weeks and days cos then it makes me all the more nervous and I often feel like I'll have a panic attack just thinking about them! :| but my exams finish a week after yours. Good luck with them and erm, start stressing! :P I guess as long as you're doing the revision required, you should be fine :)

Hahha, this dude can definitely flirt - no doubt about that. The fact that he is so good at it is what makes me nervous. LOL He's a business student, and I'm helping him write a cover letter. The job ad that he is designing for the cover letter lists "ability to persuade and influence easily" as one of the qualifications required (it's a marketing position, so obviously). I pointed that out to him, and I said why don't you discuss your past retail experience here - and he goes, "oh yeah, well you know the ability to persuade easily comes naturally to me - how about I persuade into going out with me some time?" And I'm just like - Shocked. I am your tutor, dude! Give me a break. Wacko

But you should've given that security guard a chance. Tongue Not being good at flirting means they don't flirt all the time and certainly not with every girl. Which means if he is flirting with you - you stand out to him. Be flattered. Wink

You can't believe your first year of undergrad is over - and I can't help but wonder where the heck my last four years of undergrad went. Disapprove
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged

Hahha, this dude can definitely flirt - no doubt about that. The fact that he is so good at it is what makes me nervous. LOL He's a business student, and I'm helping him write a cover letter. The job ad that he is designing for the cover letter lists "ability to persuade and influence easily" as one of the qualifications required (it's a marketing position, so obviously). I pointed that out to him, and I said why don't you discuss your past retail experience here - and he goes, "oh yeah, well you know the ability to persuade easily comes naturally to me - how about I persuade into going out with me some time?" And I'm just like - Shocked. I am your tutor, dude! Give me a break. Wacko

But you should've given that security guard a chance. Tongue Not being good at flirting means they don't flirt all the time and certainly not with every girl. Which means if he is flirting with you - you stand out to him. Be flattered. Wink

You can't believe your first year of undergrad is over - and I can't help but wonder where the heck my last four years of undergrad went. Disapprove

Maybe I'd have given this dude a chance if he wasn't 8-10 years older than me :| LOL after I left the place I heard that he got sacked after senior members of staff received many complaints about himLOLHaha I like how this guy is so direct..you may wanna give him a chance Ajnu?Wink

I don't want my first year to end. :( I also want to have a go at all those people that told me first year would be easy. Considering I had exams (no matter how small) every other week, to go with assignments and never ending coursework to do..I would say it has most definitely NOT been easy. Yet somehow I'm going to miss the fact that my first year counts for absolutely nothing and now I have to get real serious. 

Aww but that means you're gonna graduate this year right? That's awesome! Have you decided what route you wanna take? You were undecided between law and med right?
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 6:30pm | IP Logged

Maybe I'd have given this dude a chance if he wasn't 8-10 years older than me :| LOL after I left the place I heard that he got sacked after senior members of staff received many complaints about himLOLHaha I like how this guy is so direct..you may wanna give him a chance Ajnu?Wink

I don't want my first year to end. :( I also want to have a go at all those people that told me first year would be easy. Considering I had exams (no matter how small) every other week, to go with assignments and never ending coursework to do..I would say it has most definitely NOT been easy. Yet somehow I'm going to miss the fact that my first year counts for absolutely nothing and now I have to get real serious. 

Aww but that means you're gonna graduate this year right? That's awesome! Have you decided what route you wanna take? You were undecided between law and med right?

8-10 years older!?! DeadDead And he was flirting with you? Desperate much? LOL Hahah, good thing, too, they need to get rid of people like that. How ironic that he was a security guard. LOL He is waaaaaay too direct. As a writing consultant at a university, I do get a lot of "friendly"  college guys, but never THIS direct or persistent. And he has gone overboard a few times, too, which is something I do not approve of at all. Once or twice with a line that will make me smile, fine. But persistent and creepy - yeah, no thanks! lol

I am graduating next month, actually. Nope, I am very much decided between law and med - medicine is my only choice. Law was something I was considering as a back up, but I don't think I'm going to make a good lawyer, so that ball is no longer on the court. Medicine is my goal, but admissions officers are the only thing that are in my way. LOL

And don't worry ... it will only get harder from here, but you'll also get used to it, so it will all be one big blur when it's time to graduate! Haha

Edited by *Woh Ajnabee* - 18 April 2011 at 6:31pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 9:51am | IP Logged

8-10 years older!?! DeadDead And he was flirting with you? Desperate much? LOL Hahah, good thing, too, they need to get rid of people like that. How ironic that he was a security guard. LOL He is waaaaaay too direct. As a writing consultant at a university, I do get a lot of "friendly"  college guys, but never THIS direct or persistent. And he has gone overboard a few times, too, which is something I do not approve of at all. Once or twice with a line that will make me smile, fine. But persistent and creepy - yeah, no thanks! lol

I am graduating next month, actually. Nope, I am very much decided between law and med - medicine is my only choice. Law was something I was considering as a back up, but I don't think I'm going to make a good lawyer, so that ball is no longer on the court. Medicine is my goal, but admissions officers are the only thing that are in my way. LOL

And don't worry ... it will only get harder from here, but you'll also get used to it, so it will all be one big blur when it's time to graduate! Haha

Desperate would be one way of describing it.. pervert would be anotherLOLApparently the guy that replaced him wasn't much better either. Moral of the story..be careful of security guards!LOL
You gotta give the guy props for being so direct..although personally I prefer someone that is a little more suave about it.

Wow that's awesome! Looking forward to graduation? Hope you hear back from one of the admission officers soon with an offer for medicine. I thought the education system here was long but it seems much longer in the US and with medicine it's an even longer process but I guess you see the benefits as soon as you graduate. All in all a rewarding profession.

Ahh I can't wait to graduate! No doubt I'll miss the student life but I can't wait to come home and not have to worry about exams or coursework. Except unfortunately for me even when I graduate I have another 3-4 years of sitting exams even while working. *sighs* :(
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
Don't know whether the UK people over here shared this one or not...

CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

Kis bewakoof ne tumhey yahan ka moderator bana diya? Tongue

Go to top