Summer night city...

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by thickhead

LOL .. classic copy-paste. Lagta hai IF ko bhi Turnitin use karna padega LOL 

ROFL ROFL As if we don't do that enough in school! LOL By the way, better to learn now that you're not the only thick head around here. ;)

LOL! Gahh I HATE that website! It told me that almost 20% of my work was plagiarised and when I went to check what exactly I plagiarised it told me my figures were copied! W*F! and that was after referencing them as well!Ouch
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
This is pure awesomeness.Cool

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:29am | IP Logged
I am way too cheery considering this is a Monday morning. Here's to today, this song is stuck in my head and I seriously feel like dancing:

Let's hope the rest of the day continues the same way, and I don't run into any idiots that will piss me off and ruin my mood. Ahhhh, wishful thinking. LOL

Late for work and class ... as usual.
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

LOL! Gahh I HATE that website! It told me that almost 20% of my work was plagiarised and when I went to check what exactly I plagiarised it told me my figures were copied! W*F! and that was after referencing them as well!Ouch

Hahha, I think it can't detect references, so it's okay. :) Our professors always hide that option from us, so only they can see how much plagiarism is found in our papers. That website always scares me, too! But we've been using it since high school here.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Hahha, I think it can't detect references, so it's okay. :) Our professors always hide that option from us, so only they can see how much plagiarism is found in our papers. That website always scares me, too! But we've been using it since high school here.

After all that time spent using the harvard referencing system to reference everything, the damn thing can't detect references! lol apparently you only get done for if it's around the 40% mark..not sure how true that is though. :\ I had never heard of turnitin till I got to uni..I'm usually quite good at paraphrasing but this site detects every little thing so it's actually pretty scary.

What's the reason for your cheery mood this Monday morning Ajnu? Revision is making me anything but happy right now.Ouch
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 5:29pm | IP Logged

After all that time spent using the harvard referencing system to reference everything, the damn thing can't detect references! lol apparently you only get done for if it's around the 40% mark..not sure how true that is though. :\ I had never heard of turnitin till I got to uni..I'm usually quite good at paraphrasing but this site detects every little thing so it's actually pretty scary.

What's the reason for your cheery mood this Monday morning Ajnu? Revision is making me anything but happy right now.Ouch

Dia, even when you paraphrase - you are supposed to reference your sources. Paraphrasing without referencing is also considered plagiarism - just FYI. But yes, if you paraphrase, Turnitin won't  accuse you of plagiarizing I suppose.

Hahah, since when does anyone need a reason to be cheery, Dia? I certainly don't! Although I wasn't cheery all day - I have a crazy guy as a student at work. And by crazy, I mean obnoxiously flirtatious ranging on the verge of perverted! After my meetings with him, I have to come home and shower and scrub real hard because I feel so dirty. Arghhh!

Sorry for rambling - when are your exams? When does the semester end? My last exam is on May 10th, and I have a lot of things going on between now and then, but for some reason, I am not stressed (which is a REALLY bad sign!). LOL.

Go to top